More than 25 games in development on the PS5 half are new IP

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Game developers are working on new games!?
fc138a9b90c6ec4754a8eb97f5108ebb_w200.gif
25 new games

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It’s also important to note sony has been greatly expanding the size of all their first party studios.

Open positions:

Insomniac Games (20): Insomniac Games
Bend Studio (20): Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
Sucker Punch (18): Careers | Sucker Punch Productions
Santa Monica Studio (25): Santa Monica Studio
Naughty Dog (43): Careers || Naughty Dog
Media Molecule (20): Jobs
Guerrilla (18): Guerrilla
Polyphony Digital (13): Jobs in English | Polyphony Digital - ポリフォニー・デジタル
London Studio (10): Join us - PlayStation London Studio
San Diego Studio (3): Careers

I would expect multiple games this gen from all of them including new IP
Looks like they expanded XDEV too and are now recruiting for Japan and Asia.

Sony XDEV Recruiting Producers for AAA PS5, PS4 Games in Japan and Asia

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I take shyt like this with a grain of salt.

Not that it’s not true just that It sounds good but it’s really surface level and could have a myriad of meanings.

Why would you take this with a grain of salt...? There is nothing strange about that number at all. Hell when you put all of Sony's first party studios games in production, that is already not far off 20. Add in some VR games plus the second party partnerships and you easily have 25. :dwillhuh:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Key word: "more than". :ohhh:
This is still not counting the 2nd party exclusives Sony will publish and have the rights to and maybe some 3rd party exclusives.
How many exclusives are Sony trying to release this gen? :mjlol:

Don't think the 3rd party stuff would fall under this umbrella, reading the context of the article.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
So 25 new games before 2034 :usure:
You're kinda right and wrong at the same time. Sony exclusives didn't start hitting until the latter half of the previous generation.

From 2016-2020, Sony dropped at least 2-3 AAA exclusives a year with 3rd party timed exclusives filling in the gaps. Xbox started out strong but petered out shortly thereafter. Hopefully this gen will be different

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
...what kind of retarded ass post is this? And aren't you that racist CAC that got banned years ago? :gucci:

I don’t know who you’re talking about but when I wrote that joke I was thinking more about how I don’t cop games at full price and tend to wait a few years. I get how it’s open to interpretation though

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're kinda right and wrong at the same time. Sony exclusives didn't start hitting until the latter half of the previous generation.

From 2016-2020, Sony dropped at least 2-3 AAA exclusives a year with 3rd party timed exclusives filling in the gaps. Xbox started out strong but petered out shortly thereafter. Hopefully this gen will be different

He is kind of completely wrong. Sony first party get out games fast...unlike its competition. :usure:

Daps
Don't think the 3rd party stuff would fall under this umbrella, reading the context of the article.
The article is only referring to Sony's first party studios
They are saying more than 25 first party games are in development right now
I was making the point Sony has these 25 games, almost half of them being new IPs, and will have exclusive games from 2nd party and 3rd party deals.

He is kind of completely wrong. Sony first party get out games fast...unlike its competition. :usure:
In recent years. The first few years of the PS4 were slow. It's obvious Sony wants the PS5 to pump out AAA games at a pace they have never done before. It will be PS5 >>> PS4 easily

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The article is only referring to Sony's first party studios
They are saying more than 25 first party games are in development right now
I was making the point Sony has these 25 games, almost half of them being new IPs, and will have exclusive games from 2nd party and 3rd party deals.

In recent years. The first few years of the PS4 were slow. It's obvious Sony wants the PS5 to pump out AAA games at a pace they have never done before. It will be PS5 >>> PS4 easily

Nah its also referring to stuff like the Jade Raymond studio, which isn't a 1st party studio.