[News] PlayStation names Herman Hulst and Hideaki Nishino as its new CEOs

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Hopefully this will mean more products in the pipeline. These are people who understand game development so the focus should be on making the products that people buy Playstation consoles for.

If I'm at Sony I'd be looking at the staff at the studios MS just shut down and offering them jobs. Sony Japan studio needs to come back, the European studios need more juice. Now is a great time for a game made in the mold of the getaway. Now is a good time for a dark cloud style RPG in the mold of genshin impact(with less or no microtransactions)

They're sitting on big IP like legend of dragoon and Jak that they could dust off. Syphon filter too. It could be their own version of overwatch.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Hopefully this will mean more products in the pipeline. These are people who understand game development so the focus should be on making the products that people buy Playstation consoles for.

If I'm at Sony I'd be looking at the staff at the studios MS just shut down and offering them jobs. Sony Japan studio needs to come back, the European studios need more juice. Now is a great time for a game made in the mold of the getaway. Now is a good time for a dark cloud style RPG in the mold of genshin impact(with less or no microtransactions)

They're sitting on big IP like legend of dragoon and Jak that they could dust off. Syphon filter too. It could be their own version of overwatch.

I do think Tango Games devs would be a good get for Team Asobi, im sure they might get a few along with Nintendo and Bandai Namco

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I do think Tango Games devs would be a good get for Team Asobi, im sure they might get a few along with Nintendo and Bandai Namco
Nintendo may also try to poach them. Nintendo employees famously don't leave when hired.

Japan studio could use some of these people and if ninja theory is next on the chopping block after hellblade 2, naughty dog could expand by hiring some of their staff. They've clearly got some skilled coders given how sharp that game looks. ND could hire them.

Microsoft is a company valued at over 2T. They don't care if these studios get shut down and the staff don't have anywhere to go. If I'm the competition I'm trying to scoop these staff up now while they're cleaning up their resumes.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nintendo may also try to poach them. Nintendo employees famously don't leave when hired.

Japan studio could use some of these people and if ninja theory is next on the chopping block after hellblade 2, naughty dog could expand by hiring some of their staff. They've clearly got some skilled coders given how sharp that game looks. ND could hire them.

Microsoft is a company valued at over 2T. They don't care if these studios get shut down and the staff don't have anywhere to go. If I'm the competition I'm trying to scoop these staff up now while they're cleaning up their resumes.
The thing about japan too is that talent is very scarce…it’s hard for big devs that console games to recruit top level talent. Like you said a lot of people that work for these japanese studios are lifers and theres not a lot of new incoming dev talent. People don’t jump around as much over there either.

I have a feeling they are gonna get scooped quick

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Hopefully not fam :mjlol:

That means we definitely getting art 3:banderas:

giphy.gif