More than 25 games in development on the PS5 half are new IP

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
From the Herman Hulst, head of PlayStation studios interview

“And for the folks inside the company who have been playing preview builds, there’s a feeling of deep satisfaction about what’s to come. “I spent some time yesterday with Horizon Forbidden West for the first time in seven or eight months,” says Hermen Hulst, who had been involved with the game in its early years before leaving Guerrilla to head up PlayStation Studios. “To step away and to come back to it? Talk about giving me a gift.”

“According to Hermen Hulst, a Guerrilla cofounder whom Jim Ryan tapped to lead PlayStation Studios in 2019, the group has more than 25 titles in development for the PS5—nearly half of which are entirely new IP. “There’s an incredible amount of variety originating from different regions,” Hulst says.”

Daps
I expect a new IP from almost everyone Sony studio except for maybe Insomniac who might be juggling 3 franchises (r&c, spiderman, sunset overdrive return). they might have room for a new IP near the end of the gen. that would be 4 franchises from one studio :picard:. Combine that with 2nd party Sony published games and 3rd party exclusives deals :picard:
People saying Ragnarok is next year but maybe Sony wants a non-stop stream of exclusives this gen every year until the end of the gen. Basically 2020 on steroids every year.

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nearly half being new IPs sounds good. Hope there's an arcade racer somewhere in there.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I expect a new IP from almost everyone Sony studio except for maybe Insomniac who might be juggling 3 franchises (r&c, spiderman, sunset overdrive return). they might have room for a new IP near the end of the gen. that would be 4 franchises from one studio :picard:. Combine that with 2nd party Sony published games and 3rd party exclusives deals :picard:
People saying Ragnarok is next year but maybe Sony wants a non-stop stream of exclusives this gen every year until the end of the gen. Basically 2020 on steroids every year.

Well find out soon enough

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...

full

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yea I take shyt like this with a grain of salt.

Not that it’s not true just that It sounds good but it’s really surface level and could have a myriad of meanings.

i'm sure some of those are indie, smaller joints.

But what is fact is that every single gen, we've gotten new great AAA games from Sony. Something you can ALWAYS bank on.