More radio stations ban 'Baby It's Cold Outside' amid #MeToo controversy

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
:mjlol:

Bruh you can't be spittin that common sense. A lot of closet cacs on here.
Its not common sense, what he is saying is in fact wrong at the time the song was written “whats in this drink” was a comedic punchline.

Even the rest of the song is about a woman who wants to stay. But her reasons are based soley on the way others will view her for spending a night at mans house. shyt was written in the 40’s you think they would straight up make a song about raping a chick in the 40’s?

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who cares, it's a cac anthem from an era when they probably played it during lynchings :what:
tenor.gif

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
It's a nice song about a dude not wanting the evening with his chick to end. The guy in the song has no evil intentions. He's not drugging her or trying to date rape. People have been over analyzing that "what's in this drink" line for years. I'm not a person who complains about PC culture, but I do think banning this song is going too far. They are playing it where I live. :yeshrug:

I do like this version though :laugh::

---

Superstar
Daps
Ease off the word c00n! Y'all throw that around way to easy.

Also, nobody cares about the damn song. Talking what comes next, and best believe hip-hop is up next!

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Lol at banning this song. I don’t care about Christmas songs like that so if it’s banned it’s whatever, but let’s not act like worst shyt ain’t being played on the radio daily lol. You do know they’re going to end up trying to get rid of rap songs next right?

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
dont agree with the reasons for feeling any sort of way about the song. its a big reach. the guy just didnt want to night to end. it sounds like he just met the girl and wanted to continue to night. "whats in that drink" is a thing people used to say when they got carried away with themselves or acted out of character. its basically saying "i normally dont do this" or "i normally dont feel like this" . you got people out here thinking it is a literal "what did you put in my drink?" :francis:

personally im not too upset about it getting pulled though, its in the top 5 WOAT Christmas songs. i'd be glad to never hear it again in my life. i say that every year when I hear it. it might even be the WOAT Christmas song if you're not counting that hick song about grandma getting ran over by a reindeer