More police officers are committing suicide due to ‘demonization’, expert says

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
What an interesting take on the matter. Blaming society when they could very well be depressed by the police force not living up to their expectations.

I believe there are good cops out there. Cops who want to make a difference in the world. If I was one of those cops, I'd be depressed as shyt when I see my comrades terrorising people and realise that I'm complicit.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
I'm going to ask a different question than the tone of what I'm sure this thread will go.

Are people sure they're actually offing themselves solely because of being demonized? I think a deeper analysis needs to be done, because I don't think a demonization of the profession is causing anyone to commit that. You just leave the force if it's that bad. Them folks would've had mental issues and suicidal thoughts regardless.

All that being said, I maintain 2 things for police to change; 1, the very structure of the department should be different. They should have felony and misdemeanor divisions. The training and funding should be categorically different for both. 2, they gotta call out their shytty-ass corrupt coworkers. fukk should anyone stop criticizing the police when so many of them operate as corruptly as the people their employed to arrest?

Too many police officers have their careers identify who they are. I know a few cops, the coolest ones are those where being a cop is their job and they just clock in and clokc out like the rest of us. The ones where it dictates their identity as a person? Absolutely miserable to be around those

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maybe they actually SHOULD defund the police!! Then send that money into mental health programs and counseling to better cope with the daily cop life which will also serve the communities they in better as well.

But fukk all that! more guns, civil forfeiture, catre blanche and overall lack of accountability instead.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Cry me a river. And I'm saying this as someone who's brother is a cop. You know what else will make you commit suicide? Seeing all the horrible shyt they do. When they get called to a really bad car accident what do you think they're seeing? As much as I criticize the police, I do know what situations they are walking into. Plus, cops have always been demonized. There's always going to be lots of people who do not like them. What they don't like is that what everyone has said about them, has been proven true because everyone has a camera now.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
:mjlol:

They're laying out the foundation for something sinister right before our eyes and we can't see past "yay, officers are killing themselves"

:mjlol: