monthly car note payment unappreciation thread

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
That sums it up right there.

Idea of a car note is not bad at all....

Car notes are only a problem for people who can't afford it, but THOUGHT they could. People need to be realistic when it comes to their finances.

Yep, my car note doesn't bother me at all because I decided exactly what I felt like paying and pissed off finance managers until I got it.

Unfortunately, a lot of people set their shyt up to pay the maximum payment amount they can possibly afford in a perfect world. If anything else in life comes up, they're fukked and still paying top dollar payments for a car that's like 4-5 years old.

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
If your credit is shot to shyt and you still got 7% apr then be grateful. I've seen some ppl get hit with 12-18% on a 72 month loan not even realizing how they are paying for damn near 2 cars.

-InFeRnO-

#TPC onetime4yamind
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
don't think i'll ever trap myself in a car note. never saw the point. i'll be buying used till the day i drop :flabbynsick:

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
It's nothing crazy, i like it cuz it's reliable and the stock system is good enough for me and most importantly... gets me from a to z.

'07 350z GT with the Bimbo brakes (stops on a dime when i need to stop for some dimes).

Umph.

Guy at my job got one of those with some crazy body kit and 22's on it. He has a nice system in it. He tried to sup the engine up but ended up blowing it so he is keeping it stock in that aspect. I really like the 370Z's but I got to have a back seat. :cheers:

Dettol

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
only fools buy cars and make monthly payments on it. especially the ones that buy new cars and let it depreciate while making the payments over time. smh. i could never do this and never understood why people do.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
only fools buy cars and make monthly payments on it. especially the ones that buy new cars and let it depreciate while making the payments over time. smh. i could never do this and never understood why people do.

Interest rate on a car loan lower than inflation = better than paying cash while investing the money you would have otherwise sunk.

I do agree about not buying a new car tho.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Interest rate on a car loan lower than inflation = better than paying cash while investing the money you would have otherwise sunk.

I do agree about not buying a new car tho.

you're still paying interest on borrowed money. Why not just drop the cash and put what you saved on interest into investments?

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you're still paying interest on borrowed money. Why not just drop the cash and put what you saved on interest into investments?

Why use your money at it's peak value when you can use someone else's money that's depreciating?

So, for example, $10k today is going to be worth slightly more than $10k tomorrow; it'll be worth even less the next day and so on. If I drop $10k on a car, that's $10k worth of today's dollars that I don't have to put into my IRA or other investments.

If I borrow $10k I pay you (for example) $200 in today's dollars and invest the other $9800. Then next month, I give you another $200 dollars, but that $200 is worth a bit less than it was last month. Yes, there's interest built into that payment, but if my annual interest rate is 1.75% and inflation is at 2.0%, then the amount of money I save each month by financing is going to be 200(.02/12) - 200(.0175/12) or a difference of about $0.04 per month. You're actually saving money by financing. Granted, it's really not much at all, but still better than paying cash, especially when...

...you look at the value of your sunk cost. You've dropped $10k on a depreciating asset, so your $10k is worth even less with each use of the car, whilst the money you invest can be earning whatever the market yields.

Plus you get to drive a nicer car.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster

Let me ask you this: other than the roof on your house and quintessential necessities, what are your hobbies? What do you spend meager to copious amounts of money on to keep you happy in life?

For me, I’ve always loved cars – ever since I was a little b*stard, errtime a vigga went to K-Mart of Fred Meyer, we ain’t going home until I GOT TO COP ME A MATCHBOX or HOTWHEELS (the latest chrome joints with the mass appeal – what the deal?).

Now that I’m a big ass kid, I still have that deeply embedded fixation for the automobile. Car payments may seem like an ostentatious priority – but its my priority and it’s a responsibility I don’t mind harboring.

Everyone has a guilty pleasure expense (whether it’s a sound one is subjective) but the shiit I do I --- don’t chastise the next man about…

Even if what they do is wrong…

Wrong… wrong… wrong… wrong...

EARLY!!!