Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Sunbreak for Xbox and Playstation on April 28, 2023)

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
What are some of the big differences between this and World?
Control scheme as far as choosing items. Wirebug mechanics is a large one. Environments aren't as big maybe, but are actually surprisingly large given it was a Switch title. The character is voiced :scust: but you can disable that. They introduced the Palamutt :scust: since dog brain culture has pervaded Japan. I haven't strayed from the Bow yet but it handles more or less the same, with some variety. Verticality and map traversal is pretty sweet, and that goes back to the wirebug. New monsters, monsters from previous games. Overall aesthetic is intentionally Japanese rather than remotely.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What are some of the big differences between this and World?
The biggest difference are probably traversal and mobility followed by quality of life request. Also riding monsters and things like that.

Monster Hunter world maps are bigger more layered meaning they have 2-3 levels at least and a bit more dense.

In Monster Hunter rise each area is a bit smaller and the levels are not as layered maybe 2-3 at most.

But there are a ton of quality of life changes. Collection of items and supplies is not as tedious, same with chasing or hunting down monsters.

They managed to trim a lot of the extra fat that truthfully is probably just tedious, while keeping the Monster Hunter feel.

Only change I'd have them make is with the locales. The locations while fine, feel like they're probably designed with a switch in mind 1st.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The biggest difference are probably traversal and mobility followed by quality of life request. Also riding monsters and things like that.

Monster Hunter world maps are bigger more layered meaning they have 2-3 levels at least and a bit more dense.

In Monster Hunter rise each area is a bit smaller and the levels are not as layered maybe 2-3 at most.

But there are a ton of quality of life changes. Collection of items and supplies is not as tedious, same with chasing or hunting down monsters.

They managed to trim a lot of the extra fat that truthfully is probably just tedious, while keeping the Monster Hunter feel.

Only change I'd have them make is with the locales. The locations while fine, feel like they're probably designed with a switch in mind 1st.
Thank you :noah:

Was my biggest gripe with world. The tedium of having to chase those fukkers all around the levels, especially toward the end.