Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Sunbreak for Xbox and Playstation on April 28, 2023)

Daps
I beat Magnamalo and then the credits rolled. I thought the game was gonna do a "You thought this was the last boss but it really isn't,' but nope. I see why people were mad about the story. I know people don't play Monster Hunter for the stories but it seems like they barely tried on this one.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I ain't played in months, probably over a year, but Magnamalo was the end? Didn't they make it the demo fight? They blew their load that early :picard:?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I ain't played in months, probably over a year, but Magnamalo was the end? Didn't they make it the demo fight? They blew their load that early :picard:?
magnamalo was like... maybe the end of the beginner shyt? probably was sooner than that iirc

i'd have never stopped playing if they just had cross save when the PC version dropped. there was no point NOT waiting for the expansion with how they rolled everything out

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I beat Magnamalo and then the credits rolled. I thought the game was gonna do a "You thought this was the last boss but it really isn't,' but nope. I see why people were mad about the story. I know people don't play Monster Hunter for the stories but it seems like they barely tried on this one.
:mjlol: that is not the end bruh not even close. you're seeing the "congrats you're a real hunter" cutscene.

you ain't even had to upgrade your gear yet :dead:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So there is more story after this? I just remembered that people were mad about the story like it ended abruptly or something.
nobody was ever mad about story in a monster hunter game :dead:

and like fr, magnamalo is like..... i wouldn't even call that monster a benchmark looking back. wouldn't even call that halfway

i don't even think magnamalo signals the beginning of high rank man :pachaha: the final boss of the main story had its own unique arena and returnal shyt going on. you know it when you see it.

the problems with Rise's 'life' are exactly what I said above - after World, fans just expected updates to hit at the same time along with G-Rank, and a different kind of additional content stream. They added new monsters, rampage stuff, weapons, events, etc - but with Sunbreak AND cross-save pushed back? There's just no point in progress past a certain point. G-Rank is the true end game of every MH title. And if it was pushed back then why split progression between two platforms while Nintendo/Capcom sort their shyt out?

That's really all it was and nobody really made a fuss about it because it was clear as soon as the news about Sunbreak came out.