Monique Goes After DL Hughley(DL Hughley Responds)

Rum&Pineapple

Pro
Supporter
Daps
“you told me to check with my management and this is what I came up with, so how’d did I do? Perhaps you should’ve taken your own advice, because I’m sure your team would have advised you against trying to pass a deal memo off as a contract”

:whoo:DL’s move

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Why does it matter who closes?

They're both legends. Hell why they doing this small venues after 20+ year's in the game anyway? It says alot about both of them.

shyt is so petty

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Why does it matter who closes?

They're both legends. He'll why they doing this small venues after 20+ year's in the game anyway? It says alot about both of them.

shyt is so petty

The “closer” i.e. the “Headliner” gets more money and also gets more press.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
:gucci:

5K theater is as good as it gets unless you are Kevin Hart or Chapelle level.

Again, you're making my point for me. How are they both not that big at this point? They've been in the game wayyyyyyyy longer than KH and are fighting on Ig about who gets to go last

It's sad

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
When you have your paperwork in order, you don't have to yell in crowds for public support.

And yes, 5k is good because Black comedy has always been seen by YTs as a faithful but niche market. The "chitlin circuit" pays well because they're gonna get at least $40-50 MINIMUM per ticket and more from drinks and parking.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Again, you're making my point for me. How are they both not that big at this point? They've been in the game wayyyyyyyy longer than KH and are fighting on Ig about who gets to go last

It's sad
I mean they're just not that great :yeshrug: :ld: ......5k is very good for them to be honest. They were never legendary comedians like that. DL could touch greatness at times but wasn't consistent enough. You gotta release a classic special to break through. Kevin did that with "I'm a grown little man"....plus he just has more mainstream appeal.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I get it. My point is why are they doing 5k seat shows and been in the game 20 year's. It's kinda sad honestly

DL STAY working. He does bigger venues with comics where he’s not necessarily the biggest name and he also probably the does smaller venues as the “headliner” to get the bag. And also you know comics tour smaller venues working on and refining new material for when their ready to do a stand up film

I don’t know either way if this is that type of situation but if you can if you can get a quick bag while honing material for a potentially bigger bag I don’t see the issue. It would theoretically be a win/win for Monique who hasn’t toured much, especially if she’s trying to get a filmed standup poppin and DL if he was gearing up to do something.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I mean they're just not that great :yeshrug: :ld: ......5k is very good for them to be honest. They were never legendary comedians like that. DL could touch greatness at times but wasn't consistent enough. You gotta release a classic special to break through. Kevin did that with "I'm a grown little man"....plus he just has more mainstream appeal.

Hughley is definitely legendary. Def Comedy Jam. OG host of Comic View. Original Kings Of Comedy is a classic comedy stand up film. He had The Hughley’s tv show. The only thing he never really accomplished was a breakout movie career. Which ironically enough Monique achieved.

Monique SHOULD be a legend by all rights but we all know what happened

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
As The World Turns…

Her goofy husband made up some paperwork and think people wouldn’t check to see that this company belongs to her:dead:

Edit: Other comedians joining in clowning that fugazi paperwork. Monique done fukked up. No OG comedian gonna fool with her after this nonsense

Last edited: