Modern humans have existed for 300,000 years but Abrahamic religions are only 3500 years old

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Carbon dating wouldn't be used for that amount of time. You've already been shown this. Still waiting for that "carbon dating was created for forensics" source

There is no proof, because carbon dating wouldn't be used
it is my error to say that it was created for forensics. I should have said: "Its greatest use is in forensics"

the other dating methods assume radioactive uranium's creation is only in stars. There is a such thing as "ground lightning" that could create radioactive isotopes under cataclysmic conditions.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
you arent apart of the scientific community, nor are you capable of searching for an experiment to back up your claims

i'll do you a solid so maybe YOU learn something for once

so the assumption is that carbon 14 is being formed in the atmosphere at a constant rate (not fully understood or proven)

and assumes our bodies take it in at a constant rate/same quantity

and the half-life is only 5730 years. So at most, you could say 6000 years which is ironically the age given in the bible.

So once again WHERE is your proof that it can be used for 300000 years?

Funny because you said previously that carbon dating was only accurate to 60 years

But carbon dating wasn't used to predict how old Jebel Irhoud was

It was thermoluminescence dating, I'll wait for more of your religious ramblings about how that dating isn't accurate either

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Funny because you said previously that carbon dating was only accurate to 60 years

But carbon dating wasn't used to predict how old Jebel Irhoud was

It was thermoluminescence dating, I'll wait for more of your religious ramblings about how that dating isn't accurate either

a claim isnt proof

they are ultimately saying that "flint" found nearby was believed to be this old, so the remains must also be?!?

you call it ramblings, but you are just quoting random articles with no proof of why you believe what you believe

I didnt say: the remains dont exist or are fabricated. I have just said: the dates cant be trusted

there has yet to be PROOF in this thread that any particular dating method is valid for the claims in this thread.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
the other dating methods assume radioactive uranium's creation is only in stars. There is a such thing as "ground lightning" that could create radioactive isotopes under cataclysmic conditions.

Is that true? If so, is that something that professionals in the field would overlook? If you have the knowledge and the means to test and prove these things, then you really need to do so

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
Environmental conditions forced people to innovate. If hunting(something that is already hard to do) yields less and less results over time, you have to try something else. People whose environment changed were forced to try agriculture. From that agriculture, villages and towns are created. In those villages, there is enough food for everyone and even a surplus. Classes of people then start to develop as the farmers have to decide how to manage their surplus harvests. The ruling class emerges from from the farmer with the most land and surplus. The religious class emerges from the farmer who gives his surplus as tributes to the dead ancestors. Eventually stories of those dead ancestors rise up to the point where they are superhuman. The rest of the village starts believing these stories and eventually that farmer's descendants stop farming the land on their own. Eventually their entire purpose to the community is to repeat those stories about the ancestors who eventually start being called 'gods'.

Eventually, there are farmers who start developing new foods(cheese, bread) and harvesting new types of plant that people can eat (corn, legumes, roots) likely due to poor harvests or droughts. and have more time to spend continuing to experiment since they're making enough food for everyone to eat. Their descendents are so well fed they can spend even more time not tending to the farm and start experimenting after observing nature. Eventually creating 'science'.

The ruling class sees these two things being built and decides what it wants to spend its resources to improve. Eventually science starts demonstrating things like predictable weather patterns and soil composition. Farmers now know that it will rain not because someone did a rain dance, but because of patterns in temperature and cloud movement that have been recorded by those who paid attention and had the time to record those patterns. The ruling class see the immediate benefit of science to expand their land and resources. Eventually you get to where we are today.
Yea I know you believe the ancients were just chucking spears at each other and dancing around a fire till rain came. I get it. It still doesn’t answer how for 299,600 years there was absolutely no tech then in the last 400 we have this technological boom that puts iPhones in our hands and let’s travel at a hundred miles per hr. That’s not how progress works. Either something happened in the last 400 years to cause this boom in intelligence and technology or they’re lying about the past. And going by the structures they built (castles, cathedrals, Great Wall of china, pyramids etc…) it’s the latter
The carbon testing thing is mostly a fraud. I saw how they dated some African civilisations & it just didn’t add up.

I think once it’s past a few thousand years - it’s mostly guesstimates.

Dinosaurs lived millions of years ago.:duck:

1 billion years ago :duck:

300,000 years ago:duck:

But the good thing is that, as we continue to evolve, the methods would keep improving until we get closer to the truth.

There was a time when the periodic table had 49 elements. But today, it has increased to 118 elements.
I agree with you in the sense of “who knows” how long it’s been. But I was questioning more so the logic of humans being around for hundreds of thousands of years and seeing no technology until the last 400 years.

When the first settlers arrived in America in the 1800/ they arrived using horse and buggy. 100 years later they have cars. 100 years later they have lamb is. Is that a logical progression of hundreds of thousands of years of walking on foot/animal to within 200 years having a car that can get you 100 miles away ina hr?

And I bring this up to show how people will question the logic of the Bible but not the logic of their own beliefs
:francis:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Is that true? If so, is that something that professionals in the field would overlook? If you have the knowledge and the means to test and prove these things, then you really need to do so
can you or I fly into a star, gather a sample and test it?

if not why do current scientists assume what is happening in them?

ive said to others in other threads the kind of science I dislike is the one that measures data today to make an estimate/guess of something in the past. There is a fallacy in that

whereas science that measures data to make an inference on a future event I trust very much so.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
No, because I am scientifically literate.

REMEMBER WHEN THE BIG BANG THEORY WAS FIRST INTRODUCED AND ALL THE SCIENTISTS INITIALLY SAID IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE?

YOURE FAMILIAR WIT THAT THEORY, CORRECT?

U KNOW, THE ONE THAT EXPLAINS CREATION..

JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF SCRIPTURE BEING WAY AHEAD OF SCIENCE…..

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Yea I know you believe the ancients were just chucking spears at each other and dancing around a fire till rain came. I get it. It still doesn’t answer how for 299,600 years there was absolutely no tech then in the last 400 we have this technological boom that puts iPhones in our hands and let’s travel at a hundred miles per hr. That’s not how progress works. Either something happened in the last 400 years to cause this boom in intelligence and technology or they’re lying about the past. And going by the structures they built (castles, cathedrals, Great Wall of china, pyramids etc…) it’s the latter

I agree with you in the sense of “who knows” how long it’s been. But I was questioning more so the logic of humans being around for hundreds of thousands of years and seeing no technology until the last 400 years.

When the first settlers arrived in America in the 1800/ they arrived using horse and buggy. 100 years later they have cars. 100 years later they have lamb is. Is that a logical progression of hundreds of thousands of years of walking on foot/animal to within 200 years having a car that can get you 100 miles away ina hr?

And I bring this up to show how people will question the logic of the Bible but not the logic of their own beliefs
:francis:
its an excess reaction to the judgment rendered on them by their parents/pastors/family

and mistake it as belief God is either evil or out to get them. So they rationalize unbelief as a defense mechanism

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
a claim isnt proof

they are ultimately saying that "flint" found nearby was believed to be this old, so the remains must also be?!?

you call it ramblings, but you are just quoting random articles with no proof of why you believe what you believe

I didnt say: the remains dont exist or are fabricated. I have just said: the dates cant be trusted

there has yet to be PROOF in this thread that any particular dating method is valid for the claims in this thread.

Yea a flint around human remains, who put it there a wooly mammoth ?

Says the person who originally said it was only accurate to 60 years, then posted an article and extrapolated that it was now 6000 years, when the accuracy agreed upon to be 60,000 years

You say the dates can't be trusted to give legitimacy to your bullshyt religious beliefs

Now that carbon dating wasn't used what else do you have to stand on

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Let’s extend it 400 years….

So humans existed for 300,000+ years but until the last 400 is when they finally became smart enough to use technology? 299,600 years of no tech then all of a sudden a boom? You’d think it would be a slow creep of increasing but no. It’s no tech, then hundred years later we have iPhones.. Something’s not adding up
:patrice:

There's two issues here. The first issue is how you're defining "technology".

Technology doesn't only mean "things with computer chips in them". In ancient times, Animal Husbandry was a technology. The plow was technology. Stone tools and a bow & arrow was technology. So humans have had "technology" since we first noticed that certain rocks when placed in the fire turned into shiny smooth "rocks" after the fire had died out (because they're made of ore and have metallic deposits). This lead to knowledge and exploitation of metallurgy, and everything that followed, etc....

The second issue is that the rate of technological growth is exponential. Meaning it moves very very slowly for a very long time, and then seemingly, explodes.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Yea a flint around human remains, who put it there a wooly mammoth ?

Says the person who originally said it was only accurate to 60 years, then posted an article and extrapolated that it was now 6000 years, when the accuracy agreed upon to be 60,000 years

You say the dates can't be trusted to give legitimacy to your bullshyt religious beliefs

Now that carbon dating wasn't used what else do you have to stand on
just because it says it can be "extrapolated" doesnt mean i agree with it

so for instance: most people believe temperature can be measured from 0 K up to 10000000+ K (arguably infinity)

but the measurement device for a household thermomenter is usually good for 0 C up to 100 C

does that now mean that measurements above 100 dont exist? Would you take the measurement in your thermometer and extrapolate it to estimate higher temperatures? This is ultimately what is done with dating methods. The method is extremely accurate in the short range (100s of years) but loses accuracy afterwards

if you understood halflives this would be obvious why this is an erroneous belief.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
REMEMBER WHEN THE BIG BANG THEORY WAS FIRST INTRODUCED AND ALL THE SCIENTISTS INITIALLY SAID IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE?

Yes and as more evidence was gathered more people agreed upon it was the likely case

Why do you people think everything is set and stone and as more evidence is presented that you can't change what you belief

After all most people in ancient times thought natural phenomena was the work of "the gods"

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps

I don't remember that, no. Can you link me to the scientific journals of the day where the scientists use observational evidence and experimentation to foundationally disprove what went on to become the Big Bang Theory? (The answer is no, you can't, because it hasn't been disproven).