Modern humans have existed for 300,000 years but Abrahamic religions are only 3500 years old

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
carbon dating assumes that all living creatures have a mutual origin of the carbon 14 in them (which isnt proven)

such that when a person dies, the amount of carbon 14 in them decays with time which is what they used to measure the times

so

1. its meant to be used on living tissue not inorganic materials
  2. is used on inorganic materials all the time to estimate geological dating
humans could have been around for trillions of years or just 6000. Time doesnt necessarily exist (especially not in the bible)

Time does exist

Bones are organic material

Humans couldn't have existed for trillions or even billions of years, because we would have evidence of it already through other forms of dating besides carbon like uranium

But lets go with what you say that carbon dating isn't accurate enough, it's accurate enough for 60,000 years, way longer than your religions have existed so what now?

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
Technology has existed for longer than 200 years

Humans were dumb for the mass majority of their history

Until the mass consumption of knowledge was able to easily be passed from one another, s/o Gutenberg, funny the first thing he printed was the bible :mjlol:

Let’s extend it 400 years….

So humans existed for 300,000+ years but until the last 400 is when they finally became smart enough to use technology? 299,600 years of no tech then all of a sudden a boom? You’d think it would be a slow creep of increasing but no. It’s no tech, then hundred years later we have iPhones.. Something’s not adding up
:patrice:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Time does exist

Bones are organic material

Humans couldn't have existed for trillions or even billions of years, because we would have evidence of it already through other forms of dating besides carbon like uranium

But lets go with what you say that carbon dating isn't accurate enough, it's accurate enough for 60,000 years, way longer than your religions have existed so what now?
time doesnt tangibly exist. Measurements exist

bones carbon 14 quantity could be different person to person but is assumed to be the same %

you cant say whether they did or didnt because you personally dont gather evidence nor do you know anyone personally that does.

you say its accurate for 60000 years i say its likely accurate for 60 years.

What now?

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
the sumerians/mesopotamians/egyptians knew the God of Abraham. You havent studied enough to make the claims you are making.

Abraham is an allegory for Uranus/Anu (a statue that traveled all the way from Babylon to Egypt and then back to Canaan)

So Uranus/Anu became the God of Abraham somehow and all that history was forgotten

aight :childplease:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
So Uranus/Anu became the God of Abraham somehow and all that history was forgotten

aight :childplease:
like I said you need to study the passages more

how does a man get thrown into fire, survive and then sire children? :jbhmm: unless hes pottery, Pinocchio is also an allegory for Abraham

When Pharaoh brought Abraham into his house and was plagued for being with Sarah...why is that? How could the "sister of Fire" cause plagues?

John 3:11

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
Let’s extend it 400 years….

So humans existed for 300,000+ years but until the last 400 is when they finally became smart enough to use technology? 299,600 years of no tech then all of a sudden a boom? You’d think it would be a slow creep of increasing but no. It’s no tech, then hundred years later we have iPhones.. Something’s not adding up
:patrice:

It was a slow creep

That's why I posted about the printing press, one of the greatest inventions in human history that easily allowed the passage of knowledge from one person to the other, most people couldn't even read before the printing press

Now we are in the internet age a suped up version of the Printing Press

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
It was a slow creep

That's why I posted about the printing press, one of the greatest inventions in human history that easily allowed the passage of knowledge from one person to the other, most people couldn't even read before the printing press

Now we are in the internet age a suped up version of the Printing Press
and how would you know?

for all you know there were civilizations who exceeded our technology but were utterly destroyed and the people who survived lost their knowledge over time

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I don’t understand how people could possibly put so much energy into something they claim not to care about and don’t believe in.

Like writing a phd thesis on Santa’s Elves and being dead ass serious.:birdman:

Let us know when the belief in Santa's elves affects politics and society as a whole

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
time doesnt tangibly exist. Measurements exist

bones carbon 14 quantity could be different person to person but is assumed to be the same %

you cant say whether they did or didnt because you personally dont gather evidence nor do you know anyone personally that does.

you say its accurate for 60000 years i say its likely accurate for 60 years.

What now?

Time does exist, you can save the double speak, the only way carbon dating would be different between bones is if they existed thousands of years apart

Now you are trying to dismiss what I'm saying because I didn't do the research myself? How about the thousands of scientists who looked at the research and agreed upon it? what about them?

"i say its likely accurate for 60 years."

Who are you? you have a degree in archaeology that gives your word credence or just a religious nutjob trying to solve the cognitive dissonance in your head about your 'God' not existing

What now?

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Let us know when the belief in Santa's elves affects politics and society as a whole
there are probably more people than you realize that believe in fairies and elves let alone Santa.

have you ever wondered exactly why "Santa" has elves anyways? If he is a being of "magic" then why does he need magical creatures to make toys which go in his sleigh? :jbhmm: or do you think the story is put together with no knowledge whatsoever

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
and how would you know?

for all you know there were civilizations who exceeded our technology but were utterly destroyed and the people who survived lost their knowledge over time

Yea and everything they had was lost forever

I just finished playing Final Fantasy 16 with this exact same story and it made no sense

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Time does exist, you can save the double speak, the only way carbon dating would be different between bones is if they existed thousands of years apart

Now you are trying to dismiss what I'm saying because I didn't do the research myself? How about the thousands of scientists who looked at the research and agreed upon it? what about them?

"i say its likely accurate for 60 years."

Who are you? you have a degree in archaeology that gives your word credence or just a religious nutjob trying to solve the cognitive dissonance in your head about your 'God' not existing

What now?
as I said before: measurements exist but time doesnt exist. If those measurements were destroyed/distorted there goes your time with it

yes I am saying that you are just parroting what youve been told despite not understanding its only theories not fact

I am a degree'd engineer.

You assume that because you have a stance that its defendable as long as you can find a source who agrees with you. I say you and your sources are vulnerable.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
like I said you need to study the passages more

how does a man get thrown into fire, survive and then sire children? :jbhmm: unless hes pottery, Pinocchio is also an allegory for Abraham

When Pharaoh brought Abraham into his house and was plagued for being with Sarah...why is that? How could the "sister of Fire" cause plagues?

John 3:11

Automatically assuming everything that was said is true, some dude got set on fire and then had children, wow

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps
3500 Years ?

:russ:

Go back on your dates and Dead Sea scrolls and go smell the sulphur Sodom and Gomorrah.

Babylon talk ya preach

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
there are probably more people than you realize that believe in fairies and elves let alone Santa.

have you ever wondered exactly why "Santa" has elves anyways? If he is a being of "magic" then why does he need magical creatures to make toys which go in his sleigh? :jbhmm: or do you think the story is put together with no knowledge whatsoever

There are probably people that believe Super Saiyans exists guy, doesn't make it true