Mississippi ranked one of the best places to retire; California the worst

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
You nikkas tripping:pachaha:.

Say you retire at 65 with around 2 million in the bank. If you were to live the rest of your life, say, 20 more years, in Cali; you'd have to penny-pinch to make that shít last in any city that isn't a dump...OR live way below your means, which is the antithesis of being retired.

A nice house in a nice neighborhood out there is going to run you about a million bucks.

I'd rather buy the equivalent home in Mississippi for ¼ - ½ that price and spend most of the rest at my leisure. Hell, I could buy that hoe and another one straight cash, rent one of them out and pass it down.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Liberal ass California

High property tax
High sales tax
Pensions taxed
Retirement accounts taxed
Healthcare high

Our liberal pals. Dem saviors. What a joke.

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
You nikkas tripping:pachaha:.

Say you retire at 65 with around 2 million in the bank. If you were to live the rest of your life, say, 20 more years, in Cali; you'd have to penny-pinch to make that shít last in any city that isn't a dump...OR live way below your means, which is the antithesis of being retired.

A nice house in a nice neighborhood out there is going to run you about a million bucks.

I'd rather buy the equivalent home in Mississippi for ¼ - ½ that price and spend most of the rest at my leisure. Hell, I could buy that hoe and another one straight cash, rent one of them out and pass it down.

Cool. Have fun down there.

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
:mjlol: I need someone actually born and raised in MS to speak on this. I've said it before on here but you can FEEL the oppression just driving down I-20.... EVERYBODY is on their best behavior.

Soon as you reach the Alabama state line you enter the Talladega 500
What up ju :youngsabo:

As one of our few native Mississippians, I love my home. I love my family. I love going to visit.

You couldn’t drag me back to live though. We’re functionally backwards with a lot of shyt. Just one example. We’re re the poorest state in the union, yet our car tags high as fukk. My wife mom bought a car back in 2008. Had to pay $1200 for her tag. It was a Pontiac g5 :francis:

Post Hayley Barbour bytch ass, the state has gotten progressively worse. If I could move my parents tomorrow, I would. No questions asked.

The name of the game is potential though. The coast is a definite destination, there’s amazing music, the blues trial, incredible food, and the people friendly af.

We just got, for my money, the worst government in the Union.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Many places throughout the South and Deep South would financially be the best locations to retire since it's cheap, but there's more to life than prioritizing cheap land/homeownership as socially, politically, education, etc; they'd be among the worst places in the country to relocate for retirement.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Hell no

I live here in California and I most likely will retire elsewhere in the Midwest or Maryland just because of family is in Chicago area, Cleveland area and DMV