Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Official Thead)

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yes that would be a travesty now wouldn't it. :stopitslime:
Yes it would.
Just like it was stupid to make Kingpin black in Daredevil movie, change the lead in Ghost in the shell to a white woman, and these other PC aimed casting choices.

If you want a black brit spy, make a movie and new property with that black brit spy, you can even do a nod and wink to living in the same universe as Bond.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Dalton wasn't a superstar but he was a known actor before he got Bond. He was in Flash Gordon which by the time of Bond had become a full blown cult hit and he was like the TV mini-series king. Same thing with Craig...not a superstar but a known working actor.
And roger Moore was really well known when he got Bond too. Dude had starred in two hit TV series before then.
When I hear that a studio wants an unknown then I am expecting someone who hasn't been in shyt that anyone has seen or never had a role in anything that had name, only played Cop #1 or Hoodlum #3.

Nah by unknown they mean someone who doesn't have a lot of name value. Roger got the role because he was cool with cubby even tho he was already the saint. Dalton was known but not like that. Same with Daniel. It's why they say "relative unknowns" but casting Loki or superman as bond means you're casting Loki or superman. It's different if hiddleston was just the guy from the night manager or cavil was the guy from that man from uncle movie

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Jason Isaacs should have been bond if they had moved sooner.
Cavil too bland like Craig to be a good bond.

HIddlestone is terrible.

Don't know the UK scene to know who is on the come up. I hope they don't make Bond black or a woman.

I know it's all opinion but to say Daniel is terrible as Bond is to completely ignore he's been in the most successful films in the franchise, and ignores where the franchise was creatively and culturally before him. Everyone has it in their head what Bond is supposed to be and who he is supposed to be but his tenure has been a huge success in actually making the movies relevant again and revitalized the franchise just like pierce did in 95

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
I hope they don't make Bond black.
full

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I know it's all opinion but to say Daniel is terrible as Bond is to completely ignore he's been in the most successful films in the franchise, and ignores where the franchise was creatively and culturally before him. Everyone has it in their head what Bond is supposed to be and who he is supposed to be but his tenure has been a huge success in actually making the movies relevant again and revitalized the franchise just like pierce did in 95

If you like Criag fine, I'm not trying to change your mind.
I, personally, think he is a terrible flat boring Bond.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yes it would.
Just like it was stupid to make Kingpin black in Daredevil movie, change the lead in Ghost in the shell to a white woman, and these other PC aimed casting choices.

If you want a black brit spy, make a movie and new property with that black brit spy, you can even do a nod and wink to living in the same universe as Bond.
Scarlett was casted so American audiences would go see it. We all know Hollywood dont fukk with asians like that. We like biting their material of course... Your logic is backwards. Absolutely nothing wrong with a black bond, except u white peeps would lose your mind.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Scarlett was casted so American audiences would go see it. We all know Hollywood dont fukk with asians like that. We like biting their material of course... Your logic is backwards. Absolutely nothing wrong with a black bond, except u white peeps would lose your mind.
I'm not white.
I dont like whitewashing of characters, nor do I like changing races of established characters for fake diversity.
If you do, more power to you, but I never tried to change your mind, why you trying to attack me?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I'm not white.
I dont like whitewashing of characters, nor do I like changing races of established characters for fake diversity.
If you do, more power to you, but I never tried to change your mind, why you trying to attack me?
Nobody attacked you, my bad if u ain't white but I don't agree that bond HAS to be a white dude. So no it would not be a TRAVESTY.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Nobody attacked you, my bad if u ain't white but I don't agree that bond HAS to be a white dude. So no it would not be a TRAVESTY.
You called me white simply because I wasn't down with a black bond. That is a personal attack, if you are sorry, fine, I accept the apology.
If you disagree fine, I never argued that anyone should agree with me, I just voiced my opinion.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
What is white tone explain that to me
Your original response to my post sounded like u took offense that a black man can play bond(which u did) that sounded like u were probably white cuz usually white people get upset about shyt like that... Now I can believe u aren't white but I'm now back on the fence. :mjpls:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Sean Connery wasn't well know not either. I mean sure if you trafficked in live action Disney movies or British bodybuilding contests you knew him but he was fresh. Timothy was fresh too. Pierce was probably the most famous of any bond because of Remington steeele. The most popular thing Daniel had been in up to that point wasn't tomb raider and he barely registered even though he played the love interest. Yeah he was in road to perdition but tomb raider was the bigger hit

Daniel Craig, had Layer Cake (UK Gangster film), behind him. If you've seen that, you can see why he was a potential Bond, back then.