Mission Accepted: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Pt 1

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Can't lie, was quite dissappointed about this one. Way too long, dialogues are meh, a lot of jokes aren't hitting, even the action scenes are either way too over the top or aren't that great. The whole part in Italy was extremely mid. Only thing that impressed me was when they had to get out of the falling train. Can't believe this was basically near 3 hours of introduction to the real deal.

Also

Concerning The Entity : why doesn't it just go on with whatever world domination plans it has? It supposedly has all this power so it could easily prevent the IMF from pursuing the key AND pursue its plans. The Entity doesn't need the key per se, it only needs others not to have it
Isn't that what exactly what it's trying to do?

It bombed the sub and the entire movie was about Gabriel getting to dude who knew where the sub was (and then the asian chick).

It needed to be sure that he was really the only person who knew the location, which is why Gabriel pushed for that - and why it couldn't just drop the plane he was in, for instance.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Isn't that what exactly what it's trying to do?

It bombed the sub and the entire movie was about Gabriel getting to dude who knew where the sub was (and then the asian chick).

It needed to be sure that he was really the only person who knew the location, which is why Gabriel pushed for that - and why it couldn't just drop the plane he was in, for instance.

What I'm saying is that The Entity doesnt NEED the key or what's in the submarine to fulfil its ulterior motive of world domination. It just needs others NOT to get it. Per se, the key and what's in the sub aren't indispensable to The Entity. It just has to make sure others don't get it.

So it could devote a part of its ressources to stopping others from getting it (which is what we see in the movie), and another part to fulfilling its ulterior motive (which is what we DON'T see in the movie). Supposedly it's a giant worldwide powerful supernetwork that can hack into anything anytime and anywhere, so it should have the capacity of doing those two things at the same time. There's no reason for it to FIRST stop the IMF from getting to the sub and only AFTER going for its true ulterior motive. It should be able to do both things at the same time.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
What I'm saying is that The Entity doesnt NEED the key or what's in the submarine to fulfil its ulterior motive of world domination. It just needs others NOT to get it. Per se, the key and what's in the sub aren't indispensable to The Entity. It just has to make sure others don't get it.

So it could devote a part of its ressources to stopping others from getting it (which is what we see in the movie), and another part to fulfilling its ulterior motive (which is what we DON'T see in the movie). Supposedly it's a giant worldwide powerful supernetwork that can hack into anything anytime and anywhere, so it should have the capacity of doing those two things at the same time. There's no reason for it to FIRST stop the IMF from getting to the sub and only AFTER going for its true ulterior motive. It should be able to do both things at the same time.
Sure, but we don't really know it's motive at this point - you're assuming it's about world domination, but that's other people talking about what they'd do with the entity.

The only thing we know for sure is that Gabriel was supposed to kill people who knew where the sub was - and stop others from getting the keys. What you're saying it could and should've done is based on an assumption you (and the people in the movie) are making.

The entity deliberately let them know it could infiltrate all those shyts, so it must have other motives beyond running shyt.

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Sure, but we don't really know it's motive at this point - you're assuming it's about world domination, but that's other people talking about what they'd do with the entity.

The only thing we know for sure is that Gabriel was supposed to kill people who knew where the sub was - and stop others from getting the keys. What you're saying it could and should've done is based on an assumption you (and the people in the movie) are making.

The entity deliberately let them know it could infiltrate all those shyts, so it must have other motives beyond running shyt.

Interesting, makes sense. I hope Part 2 gaves us more info as to what its motives are and if it was "just" busy stopping the IMF in Part 1 or if it was doing something else on the side at the same time.

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
This movie was long as fukk. Goddamn. I had to leave and go to the restroom, I got back and he talking about he missed the train smh I picked the worst time to go.

The entire falling train sequence was
:whew:

Airport scene was good too.

I was in disbelief at all the eye signals they were giving each other when they got captured at the club. They doing head nods and eyeing dudes pocket where she stashed the key. Not subtle at all lol

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

It doesn’t want word domination breh.

The Entity has determined that Ethan Hunt is a threat to it’s existence because he is the only one who would shut it down and not be tempted by it’s power along with being the only one actually capable of doing so. That’s why Gabriel was hired. Everything it did was to lure Ethan to help get the keys which would eventually get to Gabriel who he would then kill meaning he never finds the location.

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
It doesn’t want word domination breh.

The Entity has determined that Ethan Hunt is a threat to it’s existence because he is the only one who would shut it down and not be tempted by it’s power along with being the only one actually capable of doing so. That’s why Gabriel was hired. Everything it did was to lure Ethan to help get the keys which would eventually get to Gabriel who he would then kill meaning he never finds the location.

So the whole Entity objective is...to stop Ethan Hunt from shuting it down? That's underwhelming as hell.

Daps
This should be on or close to be on Streaming by October 10th. I can wait.
Crossing my fingers that my brother who I lent $$$ to when he lost his job during Covid, pays me back some of it in time to upgrade my 10 year old 42 inch Samsung. lol :russ: :russ: