MILITARY STORIES

Paisley Darts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Richmond, VA
Already talked to a recruiter. Going in as an officer Since I have a Bachelor degree. Everything sounds too good to be true. I don't even know where to start. My main issue is relocation And the moneY. How's it ? I make 90k+ a year and I see they pay officers like 42k but my recruiter kept saying it's only based pay. So what you say breh ?

You already submitted your package and got approved to be an officer?

Are you going Reserve or active duty?

And yes...those military pay charts show only your base pay..then you get incentives like BAH/BAS.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
I
Already talked to a recruiter. Going in as an officer Since I have a Bachelor degree. Everything sounds too good to be true. I don't even know where to start. My main issue is relocation And the moneY. How's it ? I make 90k+ a year and I see they pay officers like 42k but my recruiter kept saying it's only based pay. So what you say breh ?

Where are you living at right now reserves is only a weekend thing sometimes a few extra days through out the year??

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
You already submitted your package and got approved to be an officer?

Are you going Reserve or active duty?

And yes...those military pay charts show only your base pay..then you get incentives like BAH/BAS.

I wanna go reserve breh. I need the cons and pros dawg

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
On the real though fam.... I respect the the ninjaz that got stationed overseas and stay the fukk home...SIKEEEE..fukk all that...if you going stay home...then why the fukk you overseas? WHEN IN ROME....ROAMMMMMM SON...eat good and let it stick to ya ribs... i saw mad ninjaz that was always on base...never explored...FUKKKK DAT shyt....i went ANY AND EVERY FUKKIN WHERE.... and most of my trips i did solo....didnt give a fukk.. cuz most of the time ninjaz was all talk but when it was time to make a move... they always had excuses.... whatever local azz bird that em on lock down wouldnt let em travel...cuz they know shyt popped off... and plus i'm a reckless ninja.... i dont and didnt give a fukk... if any ninja wit me.... when i bag a bytch...i always make sure my ninjaz eat... so I dont know how you did it by staying home....but i respect it...you had a fam.... I did the trifecta of the best bases we have overseas...KOREA, JAPAN, GERMANY.... visited 40+ countries... i ate good.... im still going to take a month off and go and wild out this summer coming up in Europe

:deadmanny:
na i feel u if u single whats ur reason to be staying on base i be :mad: :pacspit: those guys then complain they bored get ur ass up and go somewhere :camby:

when i was married of course i didnt do that shyt sometimes i was tempted cant front :noah: :mjcry:
but i went places with the fam at least so i was happy
stationed overseas was bout the money and days off and exploring for me when single u add that plus the females the females and the females :whew:

i didnt go to korea but them korea females were :damn: there personality that i ran into were more aggressive than the japs shyt was hella sexy to me

i did germany but more TDY but as much as i went TDY might as well been stationed there but that bus ride from italy to germany was too fukking long :snoop:

12 hr bus ride then going thru that damn alps mountain with no railing had me like :sadbron:

i did TDY in hawaii it was nice as shyt as far as scenery tho

italy the food was hella good and loved always going to venice shyt cant front nice play to take ur girl or wifey too and eat and be next to the water and see boats and lights and hear some music

but trust if i was single in italy i would of ate good from the 3 times i went out pathetic i got more attention and hollering at from baddest ones out in the spot than peeps who go there all the time

they was :mad: at me i was like :umad: u lucky I'm married :steviej:

the funniest shyt i just remember one of em everybody was hollering at she pumped the brakes and they were like since u been out the last 2 times and these broads approaching u see what u can do for this one

this italian chic was hella bad so i was like man i aint finna do shyt but make her dance with ur sorry ass :smugbiden:

i go to her do what i normally do and she was like i will do anything with u and i was like as a favor dance with my friend he got low self esteem :laff:

and then she was like well here is my number and dont leave the club u owe me a dance :damn:

so she ended up dancing with him for awhile then i dipped but before i did i gave him the digits
:win:

he told me the following day he called and she said it wasn't for him to talk to her but for me tell him to call me please :noah:

i was like :myman: but was like :yeshrug: too him and said hey stop being scared that could of been and should of been all u
laid u a silver platter went out my way and u still fukked it up :snoop:

Paisley Darts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Richmond, VA
I wanna go reserve breh. I need the cons and pros dawg

Eh...

Pros:

-Cheap health/dental care
-Get to travel to some cool places for free on your annual tour (2 weeks)
-Retirement

Cons:

-Drilling every month can be an annoyance. My unit drills the first weekend every month...when everybody just got paid and trying to do stuff
-Could go to a unit that really doesn't do shyt but sit around

Thats just a few off the top of my head. End of the day its pretty much what you make of it. Just make sure you pick a job you like.

Big Dixon

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town...living in Chocolate City
is it true a college degree > a military education in the
civilian workforce?

In the Federal word this used to be true 2 years military experience would be "equal" to One year of College....when going over resumes. Not too sure bout that today now that U can go to school online. There's no excuse.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Eh...

Pros:

-Cheap health/dental care
-Get to travel to some cool places for free on your annual tour (2 weeks)
-Retirement

Cons:

-Drilling every month can be an annoyance. My unit drills the first weekend every month...when everybody just got paid and trying to do stuff
-Could go to a unit that really doesn't do shyt but sit around

Thats just a few off the top of my head. End of the day its pretty much what you make of it. Just make sure you pick a job you like.

I am a RN who will be getting Officer pay. I m good with sitting around and get paid.

Btw, I met a guy doing it now today at my job. Dude said I should have started it once I graduated., They give fulll tuition + pay to send you to school to specialize brehs :ohh: Am I wrong ?

He said he is doing it for the love of flying and the benefits/perks. He is not married though so he travels all over making good money. He said the 2 week deployment is mostly clinics for shots and hospitals with healthy dudes. Like ppl who caught pneumonioa and other things but he says they will pay for school and still keep paying me if I m active duty but I gotta pay stay in for 2-3 more years. He said to askl my recruiter

Paisley Darts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Richmond, VA
I am a RN who will be getting Officer pay. I m good with sitting around and get paid.

Btw, I met a guy doing it now today at my job. Dude said I should have started it once I graduated., They give fulll tuition + pay to send you to school to specialize brehs :ohh: Am I wrong ?

He said he is doing it for the love of flying and the benefits/perks. He is not married though so he travels all over making good money. He said the 2 week deployment is mostly clinics for shots and hospitals with healthy dudes. Like ppl who caught pneumonioa and other things but he says they will pay for school and still keep paying me if I m active duty but I gotta pay stay in for 2-3 more years. He said to askl my recruiter

Not too sure on active duty or officer stuff. But that is good shyt. I wish I would have been an RN and then joined. I know a girl that just did it...she went in as a captain.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

He was exaggerating alot about your pay...Especially in the reserves.. I'll expand on this post more

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
He was exaggerating alot about your pay...Especially in the reserves.. I'll expand on this post more

he said 45k+ for4 active duty. Reservew is far less but my job is supposed to pay me when I m deployed

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
he said 45k+ for4 active duty. Reservew is far less but my job is supposed to pay me when I m deployed

That's true but how often will you be on active duty in the reserves...And how often will you be deployed.

the good thing is Africa has deployments but OEF is pretty much dead and the ISIS support is hard to get...And a big open secret is that right now in lot of states reservist are not being paid.

On active duty as a Junior Office you'd make more money than 45000 with BAH/BAS/Base pay you'd be a bit over 60...im an Enlisted SFC will be a MSG next month but please run any and everything a recruiter has said to you here before you sign anything...