MILITARY STORIES

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Id jump into iran as a pathfinder or do SERE for 3 years straight before I did another tour as a recruiter being a Drill Instructor/Drill Sergeant you can actually get breaks between cycles or get sent to be apart of the receiving cadre little things that take you away from the daily grind.

As a recruiter if you don’t take over an office you’re on the hunt for numbers your entire tour you can’t take leave because well those days you want off might be a day a kid was to talk and if you’re not there he’s going to join another branch and if you do take leave you have to make up that time so it’s a lose lose and even if you’re in charge of a station if your recruiters are struggling you’re looking for people with them AND having the command on your neck about why you’re not meeting goal. Everyday is the same Talk to kids, go to schools and talk to kids, go to MEPS rinse wash and repeat your entire tour shyt is depressing as fukk.
My GF at the time was recruiting in my hometown while I was on extended leave. Used to chop it up at her office while she was going through the motions.

That shyt was so blatantly fugazi :dead: she was going from school to school trying to find kids while her coworker was treating that shyt like Tinder. That dude was so openly scummy.... looked like Mario Lopez with a lean addiction. She was trying to figure out how he had the best numbers every quarter only to find out he was recruiting people from the hospital.

Its fukked up but think about it - just had a kid? about to see a huge ass medical bill for your family? got fukked and want to leave the area? Tired of scrubbing floors? Have I got a job for you :shaq:

Last edited:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
My GF at the time was recruiting in my hometown while I was on extended leave. Used to chop it up at her office while she was going through the motions.

That shyt was so blatantly fugazi :dead: she was going from school to school trying to find kids while her coworker was treating that shyt like Tinder. That dude was so openly scummy.... looked like Mario Lopez with a lean addiction. She was trying to figure out how he had the best numbers every quarter only to find out he was recruiting people from the hospital.

Its fukked up but think about it - just had a kid? about to see a huge ass medical bill for your family? got fukked and want to leave the area? Tired of scrubbing floors? Have I got a job for you :shaq:

My pops told me that a lot of recruiters would try to get straight up criminals by getting them out of convictions with promising the judge "OH they'll get their lives around" as they were facing years in jail for aggravated assault/battery/manslaughter/etc.

If numbers needed to get met, the bottom of the barrel was getting scrubbed cleaned is how he put it

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
  1. This one E-3 kat got cussed the fukk out by this Chief (E-7) in front of his whole division, and about fifty other people on the pier, and the Chief told him verbatim "you're a Seaman, no one gives a fukk about you." Dude literally had to stand there and not say shyt, or else he would've been sent to Captain's Mast (NJP) that same goddamn day. What's even worse is that, even if the Chief is in the wrong (he was), he'll get checked in private (he wasn't, to my knowledge), and not a fukking soul will make him apologize to the Seaman (he didn't.)
  2. This mexican woman called my hair nappy, and the entire office laughed their ass off.
  3. Multiple people — who were white, of course — laughing at me because I have a minor stutter. Blatantly. It once happened in boot camp at our barrel clearing drill, and in front of our RDCs.
Even if you join for the women, it's really not all sunshine and rainbows in terms of the selling points that you listed in your response:

• Those foreign women will clean you the fukk out. I've seen many a nikka get his pockets ran either by set-up, or by divorce. Even without the marriage aspect being factored in, a lot of these women that dudes are fukking in foreign areas are prostitutes / base pass-arounds.
  • Most military jobs don't translate to 6 figures. In the Navy, it's about 10 out of around 80 rates that directly translate to 6 figures, and another 20-30 that translate to good money in time (meaning that you're gonna have to serve a bit longer AND get certs in order to make close to your maximum potential in that field.)

Facts to the bolded. Had I picked my Recruiters MOS or the one right below mine's I could've technically walked into a six figure job. But the military isn't a job training program for wayward boys most of the shyt has no direct civilian eqivelent. You have to get certs which they give to dudes with higher ranks or dudes with decent PT scores or dudes that are flexible and they think will stick around for awhile like dudes who might be willing to go to airborne school so they can work with both non airborne and airborne units.

Jus' sayin'

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Id jump into iran as a pathfinder or do SERE for 3 years straight before I did another tour as a recruiter being a Drill Instructor/Drill Sergeant you can actually get breaks between cycles or get sent to be apart of the receiving cadre little things that take you away from the daily grind.

As a recruiter if you don’t take over an office you’re on the hunt for numbers your entire tour you can’t take leave because well those days you want off might be a day a kid was to talk and if you’re not there he’s going to join another branch and if you do take leave you have to make up that time so it’s a lose lose and even if you’re in charge of a station if your recruiters are struggling you’re looking for people with them AND having the command on your neck about why you’re not meeting goal. Everyday is the same Talk to kids, go to schools and talk to kids, go to MEPS rinse wash and repeat your entire tour shyt is depressing as fukk.
Did you fukk chicks that you put in? There was a scandal which is why the dude that I met said he fukked every chick that he put in. If you don't want to make this about you would you say that a lot of dude recruiters fukked female recruits? Personally I think that recruiters should be retirees or that recruiting should be the last job on your way out the door.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

He thought outside the box good for him.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Probably as the resident 19D I must say “If You ain’t CAV, you ain’t shyt” :takedat: limps off at 39 and retiring as a MSG because 11Z and 92Z have far more E9 positions.
Damn they need more loggies than Horse Soldiers? who'd have thunk it.

Actually I don't know much about Cav what's the difference between a Scout and a Mechanized Infantryman?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
nah its predatory as fukk :hhh:
That's the other issue, The difference in thinking. Lawyers fukk over their clients all the time. Used Cars salesment are scammers. IT"S THEIR JOBS!! Granted you could say you shouldn't take the job, but a job is job and if you take it you should do a good job. The dude's job is to find bodies so he did. Besides he was hooking them up. I remember the recruiters used to come around my school literally talking to us as we were skipping class. We werent the best and there was tons foreign flags at my high school. I avioded dude and I think they made him stay away but maybe he should've convinced some of us to come in.

The funny thing is he didn't talk to this dude Doshi at all. Dude wore his JROTC uniform every chance he got. I'm not sure he even joined. My Uncle was in JROTC and he never joined either.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That's the other issue, The difference in thinking. Lawyers fukk over their clients all the time. Used Cars salesment are scammers. IT"S THEIR JOBS!! Granted you could say you shouldn't take the job, but a job is job and if you take it you should do a good job. The dude's job is to find bodies so he did. Besides he was hooking them up. I remember the recruiters used to come around my school literally talking to us as we were skipping class. We werent the best and there was tons foreign flags at my high school. I avioded dude and I think they made him stay away but maybe he should've convinced some of us to come in.

The funny thing is he didn't talk to this dude Doshi at all. Dude wore his JROTC uniform every chance he got. I'm not sure he even joined. My Uncle was in JROTC and he never joined either.
:dead:

no, being deliberately predatory and unethical to the point of open degeneracy and putting people in horrible situations into worse situations is not their job - you're out looking for people to add value. recruiting people who are down bad and are another bad phone call away from a mental breakdown only puts others at risk.

sending ticking timebombs up through MEPS is exactly what they don't want you doing

Superstar
Daps
Probably as the resident 19D I must say “If You ain’t CAV, you ain’t shyt” :takedat: limps off at 39 and retiring as a MSG because 11Z and 92Z have far more E9 positions.

:mjcry:
We in this bytch!
img1.jpg

At least we aren’t 11C’s. They have displayed levels of gayness that make Rupaul look like Amistad.

mortar_fail.gif

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Actually I don't know much about Cav what's the difference between a Scout and a Mechanized Infantryman?

I'm a former LRS guy 504th BFSB the differences come in equipment and size of force.

I have no choice but to separate into vehicle types because that's what is the primary factor (Stryker's, Abrams (19K), Bradley's, 1068s, MATV/MRAPS)

This first part is going to be in reference to Unified Land Operations:

the difference between a Scout and Mech INF is what we do once contact is created. Rather on feet or in a fighting vehicle a scouts main purpose is to be the eyes of the commander and provide timely and accurate intelligence so that commanders can make timely decisions.

The Infantry generally is the organic unit that seeks to engage and destroy the enemy or maintain contact until the enemy force is attrited

The basic/core competencies of the jobs do not change based on mobility.

When I was a member of the 504th BFSB we had all kind of force enablers national based that would support us in our ability to be the eyes of the battlefield. You set your scouts in Observation Points along screen lines. You set your infantry in fighting positions. When I was in 1st CAV same type of enablers except lesser level more organic or division based.

Ok so that's the old BS:

What is now starting to occur is each heavy Cav Squadron now has a tank company and each troop has a FIST which provides even more lethality forward of the Infantry and a means to hold contact with the enemy. With BFVs and Abrams along the screen lines moving out of Observation Points the enemy should be generally atritted (destroyed/disrupted/degraded) more before they meet the primary fighting force.

The Infantry along with Armor, Artillery, and Engineer assets at that point along with their FIST element and tank elements should be able to attrit the remainder of the enemy force.

In all reality when you are sitting on staff planning operations the MOS seems to kind of fly out. I want my scouts with FIST and enablers (JTACs) ahead of the main fighting forces. I want my Infantry tucked away with Tankers, Artillery, and Engineers (JTACS) and I want my BDE, Support BN, and Engineers tucked away. AKA everyone supports the Infantry but everyone at any given time can be in contact but no one is expected to maintain and commit to holding the contact compared to the Infantry.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
:dead:

no, being deliberately predatory and unethical to the point of open degeneracy and putting people in horrible situations into worse situations is not their job - you're out looking for people to add value. recruiting people who are down bad and are another bad phone call away from a mental breakdown only puts others at risk.

sending ticking timebombs up through MEPS is exactly what they don't want you doing
I understand you now. You're a boy scout. You're problem with the airborne thing was you thought I was promoting something that was dangerous and unecessary and although the miltary worked out for you, I shouldn't "promote" it.

Well I knew a dude who got medboarded on his first jump. I saw a British cat get killed so there's that.

shyt I don't think @Dave24 should join because I think he'd get in trouble but if he joined and somehow got medboared on his first day and got a check for the rest of his life I'd say good for him.

In life you have to play the cards you're dealt shyt ain't always about what's right or wrong. shyt I said we started with 65 people in my basic training platoon we lost two dudes becaise one didn't want to take a bath and the other guy broke his jaw so it was actually 67 people. Most of those dudes were injuries. There was a guy who went through some kind of herion withdrawal There was a guy we called Cowboy because he was an actual cowboy who had One nut and one kidney he was also extremely accident prone and got stabbed with the shot they give you if you were gassed (he got stabbed while we were getting our MOPP suit shyt together.

There was a dude name Chacon who was we were doing a ruck march got a heart attack in his case he was over the 30 day in training mark for he actually retired as an E-1. These were all dudes who joined right after 9/11. The recuriters had to know what was up with these dudes yet they put them in anyway.

They did there jobs. These were all people who volunteered to serve in wartime They didn't join the Coast Guard, they didn't join the Navy they didn't join the Airforce no disrespect to any other branch but they weren't trying to wiggle out of serving. So If a couple managed to get either a VA check or a medical out of the deal that's what's up. They served. At least one and maybe two of the dudes in my Basic Training Platoon died in Iraq one I know for sure and one I seen a picture of a dude that looked like a guy in Basic with me that died.

RIP Zero (that was the nickname of the dude who I know did die)

The funny thing about Zero was that he was so into anime that he volunteered for Korea was assigned to 2ID over there they were hurting for people so bad they got deployed to Iraq and he died there.Had he went to the 82nd with the rest of us he would be alive today. I was the only one who got hurt and I wasn't in divison at the time.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

yeah man....Infantry and QM have a lot of slots for SGM. I remember the last few times I've had all kind of CSMs review my board packet. And it took the FCOE CSM here with me to say I'll be honest you guy's just don't have the positions right now. You are top 10% guy and would of been picked up in Artillery but in your MOS you need to be a top 5%. About 2 months after that conversation I dropped my retirement packet. I had 2 peers who made this recent list and they were extremely well qualified and I noticed the mistake I made. I didn't have enough assignments and stayed at Fort Hood for too long. And we are all black so that's not the issue. Now did I have any control about how long I stayed at Fort Hood no...

But the real deciding factor came down to this Los went to every badge producing school I think it is :russ: and Black has a Purple Heart. These are things that at this point I can't control. So I'll be blunt if you want to make SGM depending on your MOS you will need to go to every school you can and you will need to collect every badge you can...Sometimes that's the deciding factor. And than you will have some things you can't control that will still occur.

Last edited:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
:mjcry:
We in this bytch!
img1.jpg

At least we aren’t 11C’s. They have displayed levels of gayness that make Rupaul look like Amistad.

Speaking for Chucks, I met one who totally got over. Joined before 9/11 (in the duece of course) got out got a job at the San Fran bus company. Got recalled got hurt in training and was sent to a reserve unit that helped other dudes mobilize. He managed to douple dip He got paid that massive per diem from being in Frisco and his full check from his job and his Army check. The brother totally got over.