Mike Tirico finally came out as half black

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Couple months back Mike Tirico acknowledged his blackness. Post pandemic clarity I suppose....

This conversation all sprung up because Tirico was actually asked about his Italian heritage — on his mother’s side — when he revealed the most “un-Italian” thing about him.

“I try not to eat the extra piece of bread,” he said. “When we grew up — my dad’s African-American, not in my life, my mom’s Italian — and her family, my grandmother cooked a lot for us. One of the things you do is you take the extra piece of bread and they usually take the bread plate away from you after the salad. In an Italian household, usually it stays around.

“So the one thing I do is I don’t take the extra piece of bread. I think I did that enough in

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
LOL he finally accepted that his mother was a whore who cheated on her husband and he left, but instead of call his mom out as a whore, he goes with his dad smashed and dashed.

There is a real possibility his biological dad doesn't even know he exists, because his mom literally lied to her husband and to him that her husband was his real dad. SMH

Men be careful with the women you choose to sleep with

CW99

All Star
Supporter
Daps
LOL he finally accepted that his mother was a whore who cheated on her husband and he left, but instead of call his mom out as a whore, he goes with his dad smashed and dashed.

There is a real possibility his biological dad doesn't even know he exists, because his mom literally lied to her husband and to him that her husband was his real dad. SMH

Is this verified lol.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Is this verified lol.

Local African-American groups often invite him to speak during Black History Month and on other occasions, viewing Tirico as a prominent example of a successful black professional. He doesn’t mind speaking, Tirico tells them, but he also lets them know a fact of his life: He’s not sure he’s black. “When people go around and say, ‘You are black’ – well, I don’t encourage it, but by the same token I don’t back off of it,” he says. “If you want to call me that, that’s fine. But, you know, in my whole family, there’s nobody I know who is black.” Raised in Queens Michael Todd Tirico grew up in a middle-class Italian family in Queens, about a five-minute drive from Shea Stadium. Tirico’s parents, Donald and Maria, were separated when he was about 4, and he says he has since lost contact with his father’s side of the family. Tirico is an only child. Because of his dark skin and ethnic features, Tirico says, most people assume he is black. But he’s seen pictures of his father, his father’s mother and his father’s sister – all of whom are white, Tirico says. “The only contact I had growing up was with my mom’s side of the family. And they are all as white as the refrigerator I’m standing in front of right now,” Tirico says, standing in his kitchen in the Clay townhouse where he lives. Someday, he says, he plans to do genealogical research to find out if he has a black ancestor, but it’s not something he considers a pressing issue. Tirico concedes, though, that his uncertain ethnicity sometimes makes other uncomfortable. Even skeptical. “I know the story sounds like a lot of bull, but it’s the truth” he says. “Does it matter to me? Yeah, I’d like to find out the truth at some point, so I can answer questions for my kids. But me? I’m living, I’m working, I’m leading an upstanding life. I don’t worry about it.”

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

:laff:

The fukk?