Midnight Fight Express 8/23. PS/XBOX (GP)/PC

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Same!

It kinda reminds me of a greatly expanded Flash era beat-em-up....in a good way

I think it's mainly due to the visual style/movement. The mocap is so well done it doesn't look outdated, and the frames are stable. I can see the combat getting wild once we start getting more skills and enemy varieties

Speaking of, just looking at the unlocks and enemies you can place in the playground...looks like there will be a lot of enemy types. I just hope their skillsets/health/damage are different enough to make it matter.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn can’t change hairstyles

and I think I’m stuck in this “playground” area

it says “press [what looks like a square] to open playground options” bit none of the buttons do anything and I can’t move the character

*edit*

dunno if it’s a glitch but I can navigate the menus with my controller but I can’t play the game as far as performing any fighting moves

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I forgot this came out today in all the commotion. Waiting to hear impressions…

Is it better than sifu?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ya this game might need a fukking patch…idk if it’s bcuz I quit in the middle of the hideout segment but my controller doesn’t work during the fighting parts

*edit*

had to start a new game…it’s working for now

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
happened again…beat level 1…took a break from the game and exited it…came back and I can navigate the menu in the hideout and start level 2 but can’t move or fight smmfh…restarting the xbox doesn’t help…game is ok but this is a nuisance tho

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Ayo this game dont fukkin work :pacspit:

Downloaded it on GP, and everytime it gets to the intro screen it gets stuck "Loading Save Data" smh

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
happened again…beat level 1…took a break from the game and exited it…came back and I can navigate the menu in the hideout and start level 2 but can’t move or fight smmfh…restarting the xbox doesn’t help…game is ok but this is a nuisance tho

Downloaded it on GP, and everytime it gets to the intro screen it gets stuck "Loading Save Data" smh

:picard: I didn’t really check reviews i wonder if they mentioned this

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

ya I’m gonna delete it and wait for an update…game is fun when it works

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I saw this fix on resetera in re: to the bug you’re experiencing

Edit: apparently this is resolved by changing your gamer pic. That's an interesting bug.

I see someone also has the same issue I’ve faced…

something is up with midnight fight express: i played the first 2 levels just fine and did some challenges. now, i can no longer control the character in-game. menues and everything work fine but once i load a level, the game no longer responds. playing on series x.

I see a few folks comparing the combat to sleeping dogs…that’s not too far off imo…I think if it weren’t for sifu, I would be digging the combat a lot more…it’s not “bad” by any means tho

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this should be a solution to the problem I’m experiencing…I swear I did this before and it didn’t work but I’ll try it again later on

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this should be a solution to the problem I’m experiencing…I swear I did this before and it didn’t work but I’ll try it again later on

ok this worked.

I don’t like the sleeping dogs comparison I talked about earlier…something about that combat just felt satisfying despite how simple it was…it’s like you could feel the punches/kicks you dished out…maybe it was a combination of the response time + the rumble pack…so far with this game the combat is ok but it just doesn’t feel as heavy hitting…it’s a solid game considering I’m getting it for “free” but I would’ve been a bit disappointed if I paid for this

also there are too many dialogue button prompts that interrupt the fighting flow at times imo