Microsoft's Project xCloud announced for 2019

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Just tried it. Was ok, nothing special. Tried playing a match in WWE 2k20 and of course that game sucks on any console. Controls were sloppy and so were the graphics. Response time wasn't too bad but I still gave it 1 star off principle. Then I tried Madden 2k20. Feels like the same as every other year, of course thats expected for a football game. The controls were a bit off when passing, I thought it was touch to pass but felt like the response was slow and I kept having to press same button. Graphics werent great but granted thats on the phone, plus there was a bit of choppiness on some cutscenes. i still gave it a 3 tho. This may play better for those with tablets due to larger screen. Wonder if they'll have this on microsoft tablets in the future since it is their concept.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I know this is about gaming blah blah blah

but youve been able to connect to networks and stream consoles onto shyt for years

just not buffer games onto them without the console ... I dont see the big difference here

Ive been able to remotely use my PC and phone to download and play Ps4 and Xbox :mindblown: wouldnt this just be an expanded gamepass, which is already PC/Xbox compatible anyways?
I could turn my xbox on for the past few years and play it on PC while I change to a basketball game on my main TV. Is this just more stan war babble?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I know this is about gaming blah blah blah

but youve been able to connect to networks and stream consoles onto shyt for years

just not buffer games onto them without the console ... I dont see the big difference here

Ive been able to remotely use my PC and phone to download and play Ps4 and Xbox :mindblown: wouldnt this just be an expanded gamepass, which is already PC/Xbox compatible anyways?
I could turn my xbox on for the past few years and play it on PC while I change to a basketball game on my main TV. Is this just more stan war babble?
What you claim you could do was never practical, and what android software was you using years ago that allowed you to bluetooth an xbox controller, especially since xbox didn't have bluetooth years ago. You could pair it with pc but that wouldn't allow you to use on the go via your android phone. So I don't believe you sir, you was able to get an image at best :manny:

So the way this works is you turn on your xbox, download an app, login to your xbox, login to the app. Now the app is handling all the magic, your internet connection will dictate quality, again, how would you do this effectively years ago outside of things like "onlive". That's the stream version, the cloud version doesn't log into your console/computer. The internet is the computer in this scenario, you get a limited dashboard, there's a tab for available games. I tried it once and it worked fine in a garage port over metro pcs. I played halo 5 and the lag was negligible. So the future of this service is a slam dunk. It's more stable than Google Arcadia (digital foundry did a video comparison playing the same games) this is the future if gaming, this is Netflix games, playing on tiny phone screens is not ideal tho. Im thinking 5g makes portable gaming possible on any device. Laptops will be popular again soon.

A chromebook with a 4khdr screen and you can game anywhere :francis:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This shyt is amazing.

Tinkered with u both the console streaming and xcloud last night.

The fukking future, brehs.
To piggyback off what you saying, anyone peep the new current cloud lineup? Tekken 7 already on that bytch :banderas:

Gamepass nikkaz eat your heart out :manny:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Y’all gonna have to pry physical video games from my cold dead hands.

I’m not ready :mjcry:

I feel ya breh, until roaming and data caps are a thing of the past, this aint a game changer for me.

I aint supporting this, especially cloud management for save games. Warner Bros fukked me over with their WBID bs.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I got invited to the preview and finally got to try it out, and bruh, this is the future. Like I connected my controller to my phone, open the app and played quickly went through a few games and it's truly mind blowing.

No lag, no latency (at least not that I could tell with halo and a few other games) I am truly blown away.

Google stadia who?

M$ is on one with this, between gamepass and this next gen is gonna be a problem.

All that a side it's truly dope. I really don't understand how it's working so flawlessly.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
So I got invited to the preview and finally got to try it out, and bruh, this is the future. Like I connected my controller to my phone, open the app and played quickly went through a few games and it's truly mind blowing.

No lag, no latency (at least not that I could tell with halo and a few other games) I am truly blown away.

Google stadia who?

M$ is on one with this, between gamepass and this next gen is gonna be a problem.

All that a side it's truly dope. I really don't understand how it's working so flawlessly.
Same.

I'm very astonished.

Today, the kids had all the TVs as I was continuing my testing.

Been playing Red Dead all day. I wouldn't say flawless, but that's because my wifi has a dead zone in a corner of my bedroom.

But as soon as I turned off the wifi and used my Verizon LTE, shyt was actually great.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Same.

I'm very astonished.

Today, the kids had all the TVs as I was continuing my testing.

Been playing Red Dead all day. I wouldn't say flawless, but that's because my wifi has a dead zone in a corner of my bedroom.

But as soon as I turned off the wifi and used my Verizon LTE, shyt was actually great.
Nice, I didn't experience any hiccups at all, but I also have fiber and a really good router. I need to try it over 4g might bring a controller with me to work and give it a shot tomorrow on break

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Google stadia who?

Yeah it's crazy how this works like how PS remote play did in 2013.