Microsoft's Project xCloud announced for 2019

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is so they can charge for early access games and charge for each episode in a game.

Next they gonna have a drm like steam.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The potential of this is amazing and Microsoft is definitely in a better position to pull this off than most other companies however I still have my concerns (some if not all are stemmed by being a bitter/stubborn old gamer):
I dont see this taking off in the states as long as ISPs have a stranglehold on internet infrastructure and continue trying to milk users out of every possible dollar.

Plus we now have a supreme court that will most likely side with isps over citizens to gut net neutrality.

When we get to the point where streaming games in 4k with little to no lag, without going over your monthly data cap or paying some kinda game streaming fee on top of your internet bill, I'll be on board.

As is, I feel like we are moving backwards as a country in that regards.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Look, I've told everybody here since Sohh.com what it is. You talking about Sony speculation is :mindblown:

It will evolve into a gaming cable network like Sega did with Comcast back in the 90's. Netflix for gaming but more. You are kinda new to this community but the OG' s will all confirm that Courtdogstradamus predicted all this shyt (Tru Story)

No, it's not psnow. It's Gamepass on steroids available on anything capable of streaming. No need for systems because they limit. The cloud is limitless. Finally, your current Xbox one is always online and if you go offline the system still checks to see if your games are yours.

If it can't check, most games will not work, just like originally planned. Who noticed tho? Your understanding of how advanced we are is inaccurate at best. Stay tuned
Low qualityposting :mjlol: by who's standards? Serious question...
:russell: This is for people who are willing to accept downgraded graphics. I like the idea, but holla at me when they can push 4K:hubie:
Then get an Xbox one X or an Xbox 2 :dahell:
What in the blue hell does anything you just said have to do with what I said? I swear it’s like you got Microsoft so far down your throat it’s hindering your ability to employ basic reading comprehension.
Look, just cuz you're slow doesn't mean I'm not quick with mines :ufdup: You don't think speeds are fast enough yet things line On Live existed years ago. Speeds have tripled since then.

But with 5g, there are no more hurdles. You wasn't aware of all that. Somebody else is, and when they talk about the shyt I been saying, then you'll accept it. Until then, just be mad I'm the man :win:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
This is high key a smart move. Why try this console war shyt, when you can cake off subscriptions with higher profit margins?

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
if they nail this it'll be a game changer, smart TVs everywhere instantly become consoles. I'd have no problem paying £10 pm for such a service.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
This kind of reminds me of what they originally had planned for the ONE.

You know....when SOHH Rec Room PS Stans and the gaming community collectively had a meltdown? On some "WE WANT TO OWN OUR SOFTWARE PHYSICALLY!!!! " and "CLOUD PROCESSING!!!?!??? LAG LOL BANDWIDTH LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

Now all of the sudden not owning your games and having the bulk of the processing done in the cloud and streamed to you is the coolest thing since sliced bread.

XBOT Arbos J Checking In

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Eh, I like being able to plug in old systems 10 years later and play the classics irregardless of an internet connection.

I like being able to play a game during an internet outage, I like collecting the games.

I don't want to completely eliminate physical media because it creates scenarios where I can't play games I paid for, depending on circumstance.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
This could be a good thing.

I prefer owning the physical media. But digital is the future. Plus I'm getting to the point where I getting tired of paying for another subscription service.

Give me a console and a game, I'm good.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If they deliver, this would be great.

Funny to see Sony stans hating as “everything everywhere” was the slogan Sony rolled out with the PS4 and y’all loved it:mjlol:

As a person who all digital and uses “play anywhere” this shyt sounds like piff. Obviously I’ll have the best experience at home on my Xbox, but if I could really play ANY game on ANY hardware going forward there’s no reason for me to buy a game anywhere else but the Microsoft store.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If this is anything like Google's project cloud then they got a hit. All people saying lag latency blah blah have to try Google's thing granted they have good internet.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I've excited for a platform agnostic future, being able to go from God of War to Gears and maybe Zelda with the only barrier being a half decent internet service which 5G will more than addres