Microsoft's Project xCloud announced for 2019

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
After reading through this they also mention PC games too :ohhh:

I'm betting that it will only be available for games on their store though :jbhmm:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The potential of this is amazing and Microsoft is definitely in a better position to pull this off than most other companies however I still have my concerns (some if not all are stemmed by being a bitter/stubborn old gamer):

• I don't believe streaming today is anywhere near ready to deliver an experience comparable to what you would receive playing the game locally on native hardware.
  • This initiative towards cloud gaming that Microsoft has been teasing for years now adds credence to what Sony stans have been saying in regard to MS potentially abandoning XBOX (possibly entirely) as a gaming hardware platform and re-launching XBOX as a service.
  • The video is a bit confusing in its narrative; on one hand they imply that the streaming experience will the be the same as on console, on the other hand they make the statement that gaming via a console will remain the "flag ship experience".
  • Whether we like it or not, I believe this is going to be the future of gaming (and digital entertainment as a whole). Content will be digital only and there will be an exponentially growing emphasis on subscription based platforms. What this means for the overall quality of entertainment remains to be seen as I've mentioned ad nauseam in my thread: What does subscription based content mean for the future of entertainment?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully this means they’ll be leaving the Xbox hardware scene and bringing all their games to all platforms.

Gears of war and Halo on PS5 :blessed:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Hopefully this means they’ll be leaving the Xbox hardware scene and bringing all their games to all platforms.

It’s not completely out of the question. The real money is in the monthly fees

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If they go Xbox as a service and force me to play laggy streams, I'm buying whatever PlayStation is available:stopitslime:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Low Quality Posting
The potential of this is amazing and Microsoft is definitely in a better position to pull this off than most other companies however I still have my concerns (some if not all are stemmed by being a bitter/stubborn old gamer):

• I don't believe streaming today is anywhere near ready to deliver an experience comparable to what you would receive playing the game locally on native hardware.
  • This initiative towards cloud gaming that Microsoft has been teasing for years now adds credence to what Sony stans have been saying in regard to MS potentially abandoning XBOX (possibly entirely) as a gaming hardware platform and re-launching XBOX as a service.
  • The video is a bit confusing in its narrative; on one hand they imply that the streaming experience will the be the same as on console, on the other hand they make the statement that gaming via a console will remain the "flag ship experience".
  • Whether we like it or not, I believe this is going to be the future of gaming (and digital entertainment as a whole). Content will be digital only and there will be an exponentially growing emphasis on subscription based platforms. What this means for the overall quality of entertainment remains to be seen as I've mentioned ad nauseam in my thread: What does subscription based content mean for the future of entertainment?
Look, I've told everybody here since Sohh.com what it is. You talking about Sony speculation is :mindblown:

It will evolve into a gaming cable network like Sega did with Comcast back in the 90's. Netflix for gaming but more. You are kinda new to this community but the OG' s will all confirm that Courtdogstradamus predicted all this shyt (Tru Story)

No, it's not psnow. It's Gamepass on steroids available on anything capable of streaming. No need for systems because they limit. The cloud is limitless. Finally, your current Xbox one is always online and if you go offline the system still checks to see if your games are yours.

If it can't check, most games will not work, just like originally planned. Who noticed tho? Your understanding of how advanced we are is inaccurate at best. Stay tuned

Iblazegunz

Rookie
Daps
:russell: This is for people who are willing to accept downgraded graphics. I like the idea, but holla at me when they can push 4K:hubie:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

The gaming community needs the xbox brand to survive cause Sony starts acting like a$$holes when they feel like they have no competition.

They only get on their "for the gamers" shyt when the pressure is on.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Look, I've told everybody here since Sohh.com what it is. You talking about Sony speculation is :mindblown:

It will evolve into a gaming cable network like Sega did with Comcast back in the 90's. Netflix for gaming but more. You are kinda new to this community but the OG' s will all confirm that Courtdogstradamus predicted all this shyt (Tru Story)

No, it's not psnow. It's Gamepass on steroids available on anything capable of streaming. No need for systems because they limit. The cloud is limitless. Finally, your current Xbox one is always online and if you go offline the system still checks to see if your games are yours.

If it can't check, most games will not work, just like originally planned. Who noticed tho? Your understanding of how advanced we are is inaccurate at best. Stay tuned
What in the blue hell does anything you just said have to do with what I said? I swear it’s like you got Microsoft so far down your throat it’s hindering your ability to employ basic reading comprehension.

Last edited: