Microsoft’s Bethesda deal is a $7.5 billion part of its plan to crush Sony (Yahoo)

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Told ya'll. This is only the beginning and the endgame is M$ killing off Sony like Sony did to Sega and with X-Box being a mega-publisher.

Microsoft is maneuvering to crush Sony in the coming console wars
It’s important to note that Microsoft lost to Sony in the current console generation. It sold fewer units of its Xbox One than Sony sold of its PlayStation 4, roughly 50 million to 110 million, despite the prior generation’s Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 nearly matching each other in sales.

And with gaming continuing to explode in popularity—Microsoft estimates the industry will generate more than $200 billion in 2021—the tech giant is keenly aware that it needs its upcoming consoles to be major hits.

4defbb30-fc3e-11ea-befa-6a72a97409b4

The Xbox Series X will cost $499 when it launches in November. (Image: Microsoft)

It’s already drawn first blood in earnest by offering its entry-level Xbox Series S for $299 compared to Sony’s entry-level PlayStation 5 Digital Edition, which will go for $399. Both companies are selling their high-end units, the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 standard edition, for $499.

Microsoft isn’t banking on its consoles being its only money makers, though. The company is also offering its Xbox Game Pass service for $9.99 per month on PC or consoles and $15.99 for Game Pass Ultimate, which works on both PC and consoles and gives users access to the company’s xCloud game streaming service.

Game Pass is easily the best deal in gaming, giving subscribers access to more than 100 games that can be downloaded, or streamed via your Android smartphone or tablet or console. But importantly, Microsoft makes games from its developers and publishers available via Game Pass the same day they go on sale in stores and online, something Microsoft made sure to point out about ZeniMax’s upcoming titles.

Microsoft is clearly positioning itself to become an even greater player in the gaming industry than it already is, and with the ZeniMax acquisition under its belt, a low-priced Xbox on the way, and Game Pass’s incredible value, Sony should be watching its back.

Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yep. Going to swallow up all the content and raise subscription prices when they have a near monopoly, Amazon style. That's how you get your money back.

I do believe they are trying to go the Netflix route by getting as many people as they can into their subscription model Nd slowly raise the price over the years. It will be 20 bucks by the end of this generation

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Stadia did the same thing and they fukking FAILED... the idea isnt new!!!:mjlol:

Yep, but Google was jumping in with no parachute because they figured if people love Netflix, then a streaming service for games should be just as much of a hit. There wasn't really much of an incentive for people to join it nor was there any real game plan once they're online. The messaging was weird, you had to go buy a subscription and THEN the games (because the only free game on there is Destiny and something else I can't recall), people like actually owning their games, and the idea of latency issues were never really addressed. On top of that, there's no Stadia-exclusive games because no company wants to take that kind of risk.

Microsoft is going, "We have a cheap Xbox model and Gamepass is extremely cheap, AND you can play a ton of AAA games on there at launch." People trust Microsoft more to not fukk it up because they've been at this for quite some time, and Microsoft is probably the biggest tech company on the planet. Everyone uses Microsoft products. At most, people just use the Google search engine and YouTube. Nobody looks at those two and goes, "Yooo, what if they made a Netflix for Gaming streaming service?? :ohhh:" because there's nobody even knows how it'd turn out.

...Till now, cause Stadia was dead on arrival. :huhldup: I managed to snag a 3-month free trial (or... however long, I don't remember) and I almost never used it. The internet connection was way too weak to even connect (my WiFi isn't THAT trash :stopitslime:), and it didn't even load Destiny 2 when I eventually connected my laptop to my router. Plus I already own D2 from back when you had to actually buy it, so what was even the point? The only time I'd recommend it is if you don't have a console and own a Chromebook, because there's no reason to recommend Stadia over Steam at all.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Stadia did the same thing and they fukking FAILED... the idea isnt new!!!:mjlol:
You do realize it's a good thing for some companies to fail so other companies can learn from their mistake right? Also everyone knew the market was gonna be smoking on that stadia pack :pachaha: Microsoft has actually been putting in effort and a plan to build their service whereas google did what they usually do, they outcheapened themselves.