Microsoft wins July NPD

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I always find it funny when I see the 150 lb virgin dweebs who talk shyt over the internet when I know they wouldnt say it in person :yeshrug:

too p*ssy to show yourself on the internet, too p*ssy to throw a punch in a fight.. pretty common sense
But you pop the most shyt for no reason. Nobody got time for your shenanigans. If you started that rah rah shyt to me in person I'd buck back. who the fukk you think u scaring? big or small we don't fight fair nikka. You a grown ass man challenging nikkas over the internet to a fight over pointless shyt :mjlol: mannnnn stfuuu

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Your ignoring the buying habits of the public is completely different now.

Everything is front loaded. Everything. The next couple of years the sales will drastically go down. Bank on it.

So far the numbers are trending upwards still on the 4. I'm interested to see when the sales spike and trending will go down but so far, it hasn't hit its apex.

We're almost 3 years in and the demand is still high. The Apex is definitely not this year

If they hit their projected forecast for PS4 sales this fiscal year, the system will be at 60 million in a little over 3 years. So far they have bested their fiscal years sales projections for the 4 every year and that was with them being cautious on their estimates.

sidenote: the year over year drop in their smartphone sales from FY14 to FY15 was over 14 million units :scust:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
But you pop the most shyt for no reason. Nobody got time for your shenanigans. If you started that rah rah shyt to me in person I'd buck back. who the fukk you think u scaring? big or small we don't fight fair nikka. You a grown ass man challenging nikkas over the internet to a fight over pointless shyt :mjlol: mannnnn stfuuu

thats cause im with the shyt in person :heh: I dont type all this shyt behind a keyboard and be a p*ssy like you in real life :ld: you wouldnt do shyt back stop playing :russ:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
So far the numbers are trending upwards still on the 4. I'm interested to see when the sales spike and trending will go down but so far, it hasn't hit its apex.

We're almost 3 years in and the demand is still high. The Apex is definitely not this year

If they hit their projected forecast for PS4 sales this fiscal year, the system will be at 60 million in a little over 3 years. So far they have bested their fiscal years sales projections for the 4 every year and that was with them being cautious on their estimates.

sidenote: the year over year drop in their smartphone sales from FY14 to FY15 was over 14 million units :scust:

so you think PS4 is going to sell 17.5 million units between now and April :patrice: even though between January 1st to August 15th theyve only sold 2.5 million units :wtf: you're off your rocker :flabbynsick:

in the next 8 months you expect them to sell 7x (7 TIMES) as many units as they have in the previous 8 months :dead: what kinda sales trend are you watching :wtf:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
you typed all this just for PS4 to have 40 million units sold in January, and only 42.5 million in August.. I can do math man, thats 2.5 million units sold this year.

They were not at 40 million at the end of last year is the point. :snoop:

Sony Corporation of America: PlayStation®4 (PS4™) Sells Through 5.7 Million Units Worldwide During The 2015 Holiday Season

They were at 35.9 after Christmas and 40 million mid may, that alone is 4.1 sold through to customers. Removing the shipped units from Jan - March of this year would have them at 37.2 million units shipped vs 35.9 million sold through.

so you think PS4 is going to sell 17.5 million units between now and April :patrice: even though between January 1st to August 15th theyve only sold 2.5 million units :wtf: you're off your rocker :flabbynsick:

in the next 8 months you expect them to sell 7x (7 TIMES) as many units as they have in the previous 8 months :dead: what kinda sales trend are you watching :wtf:

I feel like I'm teaching class out here. :snoop:

their financial year is from April - March, NOT Jan - December.

# 2

where are you getting 2.5 milli sold between January and now man???? :mindblown:
http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/fr/15q4_sonypre.pdf (slide 23)

2.3 millon sold from Jan - march of this year (which is the last quarter of their 2015 Fiscal Year), that last quarter made their 2015 FY have sales of 17.7 million PS4s from April 2015 - March 2016

# 3

3.5 milli PS4s sold from April to June 2016. That is their first quarter for the 2016 FY. If you add the 2.3 mill from the Jan to March of this year (#2 above), that is already 5.8 milli okay in the least moving quarters sales wise for consoles. Let's say they sell another 4 million from July to September this year (being conservative by the way since their Q2 last year had them selling 4 million PS4s during the same quarter [July to September], That would be at almost 10 million BEFORE the holiday this year. If you go by trends, it would have them selling 4.8 million PS4s this fiscal quarter from July to September based on the same sales projections from 2014 to 2015 during the same quarter. That would put them at 10.6 million PS4s during a holiday season where the OG PS4 will get a price cut, PS4 Neo drops, and PSVR comes out.

2014 holiday season (Oct - December), they sold 6.4 million PS4s
2015 holiday season, they sold 8.4
2016 holiday season would have them selling 11 million PS4s with the same sales increases from the previous year.

So for the 2016 FY from April 2016 to March 2017
Q1 (april - June) = 3.5 mill
Q2 (july - sep) = 4.8
Q3 (oct - dec) = 11 mill
Q4 (jan - march 2017) = 2.3

That alone is 21.6 units, so them projecting 20 million is pretty safe.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Do you not understand what the Japanese fiscal year is? :what:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ya'll arguing with a
brick-walls-texture3.jpg

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
They were not at 40 million at the end of last year is the point. :snoop:

Sony Corporation of America: PlayStation®4 (PS4™) Sells Through 5.7 Million Units Worldwide During The 2015 Holiday Season

They were at 35.9 after Christmas and 40 million mid may, that alone is 4.1 sold through to customers. Removing the shipped units from Jan - March of this year would have them at 37.2 million units shipped vs 35.9 million sold through.

I feel like I'm teaching class out here. :snoop:

their financial year is from April - March, NOT Jan - December.

# 2

where are you getting 2.5 milli sold between January and now man???? :mindblown:
http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/fr/15q4_sonypre.pdf (slide 23)

2.3 millon sold from Jan - march of this year (which is the last quarter of their 2015 Fiscal Year), that last quarter made their 2015 FY have sales of 17.7 million PS4s from April 2015 - March 2016

# 3

3.5 milli PS4s sold from April to June 2016. That is their first quarter for the 2016 FY. If you add the 2.3 mill from the Jan to March of this year (#2 above), that is already 5.8 milli okay in the least moving quarters sales wise for consoles. Let's say they sell another 4 million from July to September this year (being conservative by the way since their Q2 last year had them selling 4 million PS4s during the same quarter [July to September], That would be at almost 10 million BEFORE the holiday this year. If you go by trends, it would have them selling 4.8 million PS4s this fiscal quarter from July to September based on the same sales projections from 2014 to 2015 during the same quarter. That would put them at 10.6 million PS4s during a holiday season where the OG PS4 will get a price cut, PS4 Neo drops, and PSVR comes out.

2014 holiday season (Oct - December), they sold 6.4 million PS4s
2015 holiday season, they sold 8.4
2016 holiday season would have them selling 11 million PS4s with the same sales increases from the previous year.

Q2 (july - sep) = 4.8
Q3 (oct - dec) = 11 mill

That alone is 21.6 units, so them projecting 20 million is pretty safe.

Hope that helps.
You are right, they were at 36 million in January , my fault. So between January til August they've sold 6.5 million units.

Do you not understand what the Japanese fiscal year is? :what:

mafukka 8 months is 8 months does it matter if its january to august or april to december :what: im talking in a certain time frame theyve only sold so many units and hes expecting them to TRIPLE that number (it was 7 times originally, but now triple that number) within the SAME time period - REGARDLESS of the name of the months on the calender, what is so hard to understand?

They've sold 6.5 million units THIS YEAR (January - August). He is saying by APRIL of next year (the beginning of their fiscal year) - AKA 8 MONTHS FROM NOW they will be at 60 million units sold. They are currently at 42.5 million units sold. Thats 17.5 million sold within 8 months when the past 8 months they've only sold 6.5 million.

Am I the only one with a working fukking calculator in this thread or does being a Sony stan stop your calculators from working on your computer or phone ??

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Q2 (july - sep) = 4.8
Q3 (oct - dec) = 11 mill

VGChartz has ps4 at 42.5 million sold. Sony announced 36 million sold January 5th. Thats 6.5 million units sold from January 5th to August 15th (basic math and shyt) . Where are you getting the trend of 3.5 million sold and 4.8 million sold (8.3 million units sold between April and August 15th).

Can you show your math of this trend? Every tech site says PS4 will top out at 69 million sold by 2019. You are expecting them to be at 60 million.. by April.. of 2017..

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
VGChartz has ps4 at 42.5 million sold. Sony announced 36 million sold January 5th. Thats 6.5 million units sold from January 5th to August 15th (basic math and shyt) . Where are you getting the trend of 3.5 million sold and 4.8 million sold (8.3 million units sold between April and August 15th).

Can you show your math of this trend? Every tech site says PS4 will top out at 69 million sold by 2019. You are expecting them to be at 60 million.. by April.. of 2017..

I'm seriously dumbfounded right now. You killing me Smalls. You cannot be this...nvm breh.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You are right, they were at 36 million in January , my fault. So between January til August they've sold 6.5 million units.

mafukka 8 months is 8 months does it matter if its january to august or april to december :what: im talking in a certain time frame theyve only sold so many units and hes expecting them to TRIPLE that number (it was 7 times originally, but now triple that number) within the SAME time period - REGARDLESS of the name of the months on the calender, what is so hard to understand?

They've sold 6.5 million units THIS YEAR (January - August). He is saying by APRIL of next year (the beginning of their fiscal year) - AKA 8 MONTHS FROM NOW they will be at 60 million units sold. They are currently at 42.5 million units sold. Thats 17.5 million sold within 8 months when the past 8 months they've only sold 6.5 million.

Am I the only one with a working fukking calculator in this thread or does being a Sony stan stop your calculators from working on your computer or phone ??

Already said I do this shyt for a living sir. 14 years doing this shyt. You are completely ignoring the end of year sales spike where sales have increased from 4 to 6.4 to 8.4 million over the last 3 holiday quarters alone

Sales from financial reports
November 13 to March 14 was 7 million
April 14 to March 2015 was 14.8 million
April 15 to March 2016 was 17.7 million

That's 39.5 shipped.

A 20 million sales projection for April 16 to March 17 is very feasible and actually conservative. They sold nearly 20 percent more in fy15 than fy14 (17.7 from 14.8). To sell 20 million in fy16 would be only a roughly 13% increase from fy15's 17.7. Considering they did almost 20 percent higher the previous year over year, 20 million is a safe bet. Fall and Holidays are HUGE spikes in sales. The demand also has continued to trend higher not lower so that 20 million is very realistic.