Microsoft vs Sony; who can afford to hold out longest regarding price announcement?

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Someone’s been reading Microsoft PR brochures :mjlol:

1/3 of people that play fortnite play it on iOs. devices. Samsung is doing the dedicated xcloud stuff with their new tablets and phones. That future is coming. Sony didn't create playstation now just because. I realized this when I really used the PS4 remote play support on my vita. I played entire games streamed to my vita that were on my ps4. This next generation does not have a sentimental attachment to physical media like we do. Album covers, movie and gaming cover art, it doesn't mean as much to this generation. What matters is the instantaneous nature of the media. Music? You got apple, pandora, Spotify and others. CD sales are niche now. Television and movies? Hulu, Disney plus, Amazon, Netflix. Books and magazines? Amazon and others. I've been an adjunct instructor for a university since 2011. We've not given out physical books since 2015. Gaming is the last hold out of multimedia but it was never going to be able to hold out forever from a mostly or purely digital future. PC and Mobile has already conditioned us with Steam and the App Store/Google Play. Microsoft as a whole is moving at break neck speed. Any of the aforementioned things to survive, you need content and you need devices to play the content on. For now, there aren't an abundance of machines that can play these games at an acceptable level so they still need to move consoles this gen. However, it isn't the end all, be all any more.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Sony already said they are making 10 million consoles first 6 or so months, so no.

Tbh I think its marketing and keeping people engaged up to release.
We will see, prices are coming this week or early next week.