Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
like you said, we don't even know what this "event" is about, so how can we compare it to whatever from the past?
There's nothing wrong with speculating and using reason, logic and common sense. Phil can announce he's coming out of the closet for all we know but logically I'm just going off of things that have been done before for the longest.

Like I wouldn't expect Sony to show a video during a SOP of Neil Druckkman crying in his office because TLOU Factions was cancelled lol.

I'm not saying Phil is going to be a sobbing mess:mjcry: and announce that Xbox is done and for him to publicly reveal his Coli alias and show a message of him to Meach telling them it's over.... but I don't think this "event" would merely be announcements of games that aren't even well known like that.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
There's nothing wrong with speculating and using reason, logic and common sense. Phil can announce he's coming out of the closet for all we know but logically I'm just going off of things that have been done before for the longest.

Like I wouldn't expect Sony to show a video during a SOP of Neil Druckkman crying in his office because TLOU Factions was cancelled lol.
but you want to compare it to whatever announcement about Ori going to the Switch. I don't think anyone thinks this event is only about a couple ports

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I'm not saying Phil is going to be a sobbing mess:mjcry: and announce that Xbox is done and for him to publicly reveal his Coli alias and show a message of him to Meach telling them it's over.... but I don't think this "event" would merely be announcements of games that aren't even well known like that.
:heh:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
but you want to compare it to whatever announcement about Ori going to the Switch. I don't think anyone thinks this event is only about a couple ports
guys have over 1k posts saying the same things in different ways just to have a round table this week that's going to tell them xbox exclusivity will be a case by case basis, Ms wants to bring xbox to more devices, timed exclusivity and xbox isn't abandoning xbox. :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What Sony Stans speculate - Xbox goes 3rd party and gives up on console hardware.

What Xbox Stan's speculate - Xbox denies publishing games on other platforms at all and assurance that hardware is here to stay.

What logically folks expect - A mix of all of that.

What I expect - some rebranding and expanding of what Microsoft studios does and wants to achieve. I believe ABK (Zenimax also) and whoever they acquire in the future will continue to publish as 3rd party overall with most of their games coming to gamepass.

Essentially nothing is off the table when it comes to being published on another platform. ( A early goal of theirs anyway just via gamepass instead of a disc) You'll just be able to play is sooner and "free" via GP

Gamepass gets a price hike via a restructure. Possibly some kind of ad or trial version of GP (probably not at or during this event)

Assurance that hardware is here to stay.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
guys have over 1k posts saying the same things in different ways just to have a round table this week that's going to tell them xbox exclusivity will be a case by case basis, Ms wants to bring xbox to more devices, timed exclusivity and xbox isn't abandoning xbox. :mjlol:
so much of the conversation is just FUD. no one would even take Meach's bet

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love how these guys in this thread are doing preemptive damage control and acting like the aforementioned aren't big deals.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I love how these guys in this thread are doing preemptive damage control and acting like theaforementioned aren't big deals.

“Yeah…. yeah! Hi Fi Rush is no big deal right, bubsy?” “YEP! Correct, those games are no big deal! We won’t miss em!”

Xbox stans were acting like these were cherished classic titles that sony stans couldn’t dream of having, the glorious variety of xbox publishing :blessed:

Now they are merely scraps meant to be shared around, no sweat of our backs!

These nikkas are exhooosted. 😂

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“Yeah…. yeah! Hi Fi Rush is no big deal right, bubsy?” “YEP! Correct, those games are no big deal! We won’t miss em!”

Xbox stans were acting like these were cherished classic titles that sony stans couldn’t dream of having, glorious variety of xbox publishing. Now they are merely scraps meant to be shared around, no sweat of our backs!

These nikkas are exhooosted. 😂
Things you make up in your head for 1000.

Sony stans could play HiFi on their pc for 19.99 if they wanted day 1.