Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
At around 30 million sold.

This is a lie, its around 25 and slowing down

Capture_decran_2024-02-09_a_00.03.46.png

Ps5 ~ 52m-54m and xbox series ~ 23m-25m​

At the rate xbox is selling its gonna finish well below xbox one, maybe it can reach 40m

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“Some games will come to other systems on a case by case basis, as has always been the plan. We got new hardware in the works”
:mjlol:
Why would they make new hardware when the current one is rotting on shelves. How many must it be drilled into Xbox dumb heads thats its games that sells consoles not hardware.

The Wii, DS and Switch success was due to games not hardware.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’ve said it a million times now.

Investors want money,

Console sales is just something to boast about and stan. You don’t make money off console sales

Sony winning the console war by far but still making drastic changes to their business plan, that reflect the same changes as microsoft.

Why do you think they are doing that?

Now why would the clear “winner” be following in the “losers” footsteps :ohhh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
tumblr_pr8crgfdQU1x0bvwko4_540.gif

hoping for Sony to do the same....newsflash, Sony exclusives ain't showing up on Nintendo platforms.

Sony games ain’t gonna run on nintendo consoles and there ain’t enough Xbox’s out there to make it worth it. So this is a unique situation only to microsoft at this point, because they’ve failed for two generation to sell hardware.

But console sales don’t matter,

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
This isn’t true. Console wars cac tweets will tell you this, but by the numbers Microsoft is making LOTS of money off their console business and last quarter was their best selling hardware quarter in a long time.

At around 30 million sold. Series X/S has already greatly outsold any of the consoles we view as “failed” in the last.

They will end up with about 50-60 million sold for the gen which is squarely within xbox usual range.

the difference is, their revenue has gone through the roof, without increasing console sales.

You are in the internet console stan misinformation bubble.

Most people DGAF about any of this. Xbox will always be a strong brand in America and certain markets around the world.
:gucci:

I'm in no bubble. I'm a PC gamer. I work in tech. I spend more time around Microsoft products than people who work at Microsoft. Literally, I do work at the local HQ. You are in the bubble of people trying to cope about the reality. Series S was a mistake. It held a generation back. It slowed game development for the brand as a whole because of the forced parity. And then once people realized that's what happened, it exacerbated a consumer trust issue that led to people overblowing the issue but never made that issue not an issue. By the time Microsoft hit the ground with damage control PR, the perception had run off with a life of it's own and they have spent the last year+ chasing after that idea, flawed as it may be, instead of doing the work they need to be doing of restoring faith by doing, not saying.

They don't need another press conference making promises or speaking on business strategy.
They don't need another press conference pushing new things for people to buy.
They need to STFU and show evidence that they've been working on games in their gaming division and not working on acquisitions and legal filings in their gaming division.
But they can't. Because they haven't. So they won't. And that's all that can save them in this death spiral.

There will be the diehards that hold on past the point of logic. Of course there will. nikkas still riding with Kanye ffs. But the vast majority of people watched the last few years, and then watched the diehards lose their fukking minds this last week. And those average consumers are balking. And with every passing week without something to show, another thinkpiece is written. Someone else trots out an example of Microsoft doing exactly this in the past. And trust erodes.

nikkas out here arguing with their whole chests for a budgetbox video Zune that is less powerful than the default system from last generation.. And it's that commitment that is sinking the brand. Because it's nonsensical to anyone with eyes. Look at the technical specs of a Series S. Then look at the minimum requirements for the big games coming out on PC.

Their commitment to hardware over software sank them. It is what it is. Need I remind you they make a loss on every console manufactured that was supposed to be made up on the back-end by software sales. If they'd dropped just the Series X, and spent the dev costs for the S giving people shyt they'd want to play on it bad enough, it'd more than cover the cost delta. nikkas will pay 500 for a system that plays the shyt they want to play and can't get anywhere else. Trying to sell them on a 250 box that ain't got games just because it's cheaper is fundamental bad business sense. And I as a fukking random shouldn't need to tell Microsoft this. But if you think different you're wrong.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is a lie, its around 25 and slowing down

Capture_decran_2024-02-09_a_00.03.46.png

Ps5 ~ 52m-54m and xbox series ~ 23m-25m​

At the rate xbox is selling its gonna finish well below xbox one, maybe it can reach 40m
From your own link

While 25 million in 3 years is significantly less than PlayStation, the Xbox Series is by no means a failure –

Was at 20 mill officially december 2022.

Even if they only sold half their average in 2023 it’s above 25 mill right now. But we also have info that Q2 2024 was an increase over the last year.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I'm in no bubble. I'm a PC gamer. I work in tech. I spend more time around Microsoft products than people who work at Microsoft. Literally, I do work at the local HQ. You are in the bubble of people trying to cope about the reality. Series S was a mistake. It held a generation back. It slowed game development for the brand as a whole because of the forced parity. And then once people realized that's what happened, it exacerbated a consumer trust issue that led to people overblowing the issue but never made that issue not an issue. By the time Microsoft hit the ground with damage control PR, the perception had run off with a life of it's own and they have spent the last year+ chasing after that idea, flawed as it may be, instead of doing the work they need to be doing of restoring faith by doing, not saying.

They don't need another press conference making promises or speaking on business strategy.
They need to STFU and show evidence that they've been working on games in their gaming division and not working on acquisitions and legal filings in their gaming division.
But they can't. Because they haven't. So they won't. And that's all that can save them in this death spiral.

There will be the diehards that hold on past the point of logic. Of course there will. nikkas still riding with Kanye ffs. But the vast majority of people watched the last few years, and then watched the diehards lose their fukking minds this last week. And those average consumers are balking. And with every passing week without something to show, another thinkpiece is written. Someone else trots out an example of Microsoft doing exactly this in the past. And trust erodes.

nikkas out here arguing with their whole chests for a budgetbox video Zune that is less powerful than the default system from last generation.. And it's that commitment that is sinking the brand. Because it's nonsensical to anyone with eyes. Look at the technical specs of a Series S. Then look at the minimum requirements for the big games coming out on PC.

Their commitment to hardware over software sank them. It is what it is. If they'd dropped just the Series X, and spent the dev costs for the S giving people shyt they'd want to play on it bad enough, it'd more than cover the cost delta. nikkas will pay 500 for a system that plays the shyt they want to play and can't get anywhere else. Trying to sell them on a 250 box that ain't got games just because it's cheaper is fundamental bad business sense. And I as a fukking random shouldn't need to tell Microsoft this. But if you think different you're wrong.

:whew:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
From your own link

Was at 20 mill officially december 2022.

Even if they only sold half their average in 2023 it’s above 25 mill right now. But we also have info that Q2 2024 was an increase over the last year.

They didn’t sell shyt last year :mjlol:

Oh, and let’s not forget. ‘Console sales don’t matter’ before you start arguing wiht me how much 100’s of 1000’s they actually sold

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Their commitment to hardware over software sank them. It is what it is. If they'd dropped just the Series X, and spent the dev costs for the S giving people shyt they'd want to play on it bad enough, it'd more than cover the cost delta. nikkas will pay 500 for a system that plays the shyt they want to play and can't get anywhere else. Trying to sell them on a 250 box that ain't got games just because it's cheaper is fundamental bad business sense. And I as a fukking random shouldn't need to tell Microsoft this. But if you think different you're wrong.
This is a compilation of cac tweet narratives.

In reality series S has sold well and microsoft is making record revenue and investment into gaming.

Those are facts :manny:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Their commitment to hardware over software sank them. It is what it is. Need I remind you they make a loss on every console manufactured that was supposed to be made up on the back-end by software sales. If they'd dropped just the Series X, and spent the dev costs for the S giving people shyt they'd want to play on it bad enough, it'd more than cover the cost delta. nikkas will pay 500 for a system that plays the shyt they want to play and can't get anywhere else. Trying to sell them on a 250 box that ain't got games just because it's cheaper is fundamental bad business sense. And I as a fukking random shouldn't need to tell Microsoft this. But if you think different you're wrong.

The Ether.

Nutella needs to clean house.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They didn’t sell shyt last year :mjlol:

Oh, and let’s not forget. ‘Console sales don’t matter’ before you start arguing wiht me how much 100’s of 1000’s they actually sold
They sold more Q2 24 than they did Q2 23.

We know that cause you didn’t make a thread “just reporting the news” about xbox earnings this last time :wow: