Microsoft to Purchase Obsidian Entertainment

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
The 360 was popular because it was cheaper, ran games much better, and had more exclusives at the beginning.

Sony was talking that same high and mighty bullshyt that Microsoft was talking before the X1 released. System cost $200 more than the 360, took years for exclusives to start dropping consistently, just about every 3rd party game ran like shyt and the gap was much bigger than it was with the ps4 and X1, PSN was garbage as fukk and was constantly down or getting hack, and some of the games were releasing a full year after they had already been on the 360. Sony ended up getting it together during the second half of the console life cycle but the 360 was a flat out better system for years in the beginning. Claiming that it was just the price difference is disingenuous for anyone paying attention to what happened last gen.

The only reason I switched from 360 to ps3 was cause I had to send my shyt back 3 times and was tired of waiting a month to play games again, plus gta4 had just dropped and I wasn't risking another 360 failing on me when I was playing it.
You said what I said I’m not sure of your argument here.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You said what I said I’m not sure of your argument here.
You said the only reason the 360 was popular was because it came out first and was cheaper, that's bullshyt.

It came out cheaper, had more exclusives, had 3rd party games releasing before they hit the ps4, ran those games a hell of alot better, had much better stability in the online infrastructure, birth the console indie Market, etc.

There was a hell of alot more reasons why the 360 was popular than just releasing sooner and being cheaper. It was flat out a better system for the first half of last gen.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft’s best console, the 360 still couldn’t sell more than Sony’s worst console which was the PS3. :mjlol:

When Sony have their shyt together like they did this gen, they can’t be fukked with :wow:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
You said the only reason the 360 was popular was because it came out first and was cheaper, that's bullshyt.

It came out cheaper, had more exclusives, had 3rd party games releasing before they hit the ps4, ran those games a hell of alot better, had much better stability in the online infrastructure, birth the console indie Market, etc.

There was a hell of alot more reasons why the 360 was popular than just releasing sooner and being cheaper. It was flat out a better system for the first half of last gen.
If the ps3 would of launched at the same time it wouldn’t of been close ...

The og Xbox had online ... that was one of its big selling points ... how did it do against the ps2 which had an online community that was virtually non existent .... oh ....

Sony wasn’t prepared for Xbox to drop so soon and it showed ...

It was a great system ... but what I’m saying is none of that would have mattered if the launch dates and price points were the same ...

By the time pa3 came out I didn’t even care

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
Sony gang eating good and xbots still praying for rain in the midst of a severe drought

knights of the old republic 3

man-praying-690x353.jpg

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The 360 was popular because it was cheaper, ran games much better, and had more exclusives at the beginning.

Sony was talking that same high and mighty bullshyt that Microsoft was talking before the X1 released. System cost $200 more than the 360, took years for exclusives to start dropping consistently, just about every 3rd party game ran like shyt and the gap was much bigger than it was with the ps4 and X1, PSN was garbage as fukk and was constantly down or getting hack, and some of the games were releasing a full year after they had already been on the 360. Sony ended up getting it together during the second half of the console life cycle but the 360 was a flat out better system for years in the beginning. Claiming that it was just the price difference is disingenuous for anyone paying attention to what happened last gen.

The only reason I switched from 360 to ps3 was cause I had to send my shyt back 3 times and was tired of waiting a month to play games again, plus gta4 had just dropped and I wasn't risking another 360 failing on me when I was playing it.
This is accurate.

It took sony until about 2009 to turn things around on the software side. Then the PSN Hack in 2011 did not help matters either. The Hack happened during a great game being out as well (Portal 2).

All in all Sony gave Microsoft that generation due to their arrogance at the start. It helped them this generation coming out strong out the gate and a lower price point.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
If the ps3 would of launched at the same time it wouldn’t of been close ...

The og Xbox had online ... that was one of its big selling points ... how did it do against the ps2 which had an online community that was virtually non existent .... oh ....

Sony wasn’t prepared for Xbox to drop so soon and it showed ...

It was a great system ... but what I’m saying is none of that would have mattered if the launch dates and price points were the same ...

By the time pa3 came out I didn’t even care
Even of the launch date and price points were the same the ps3 still wouldn't have had any exclusives, would still run third party games like complete shyt, and still had terrible online play.

There is no reason to rewrite history and pretend like the 360s early domination was some kind of fluke, it was a better system in just about every way for the first half of that generation.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Why the fukk yall nikkas doing console war shyt in a thread about a developer purchase...

Sony nikkas are sad

:hhh:
Exactly, if your post isn't about the OP what's the point in being here besides trying to shyt on a console you obviously dont like. shyt is weird. Obviously Sony is winning, we dont need the cheerleaders coming in here to state the obvious.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Even of the launch date and price points were the same the ps3 still wouldn't have had any exclusives, would still run third party games like complete shyt, and still had terrible online play.

There is no reason to rewrite history and pretend like the 360s early domination was some kind of fluke, it was a better system in just about every way for the first half of that generation.
And yet the ps3 still ended up selling almost the same as the 360. :russ:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
And yet the ps3 still ended up selling almost the same as the 360. :russ:
They finally managed to get their shyt together by the second half of the generation.

Third party developers were finally figuring out how to port games to the ps3 without a significant decrease in quality and their exclusives were hitting. Microsoft seemed like they abandoned the 360 in the last few years of the console generation.

There is no reason to rewrite history breh, Microsoft was killing shyt during the first half and Sony killed it the second half. No need to pretend like the 360 being cheaper and releasing first is the only reason it was popular.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
They finally managed to get their shyt together by the second half of the generation.

Third party developers were finally figuring out how to port games to the ps3 without a significant decrease in quality and their exclusives were hitting. Microsoft seemed like they abandoned the 360 in the last few years of the console generation.

There is no reason to rewrite history breh, Microsoft was killing shyt during the first half and Sony killed it the second half. No need to pretend like the 360 being cheaper and releasing first is the only reason it was popular.
But it was .....

Nobody is rewriting history you walk into GameStop and say a shiny new next gen console with crazy graphics and you go home to your ps2 not knowing when the pa3 is going to show ...

Yes it had online and it had exclusives but so what ... Sony was coming off crazy success of the ps2 ... people would have copped regardless

If they both would have released at the same time and people were already locked in ... nobody would have time to analyze the weaknesses like that ... just would have rolled with the punches

The 360 was a great system but a fluke in time that will never be repeated

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
But it was .....

Nobody is rewriting history you walk into GameStop and say a shiny new next gen console with crazy graphics and you go home to your ps2 not knowing when the pa3 is going to show ...

Yes it had online and it had exclusives but so what ... Sony was coming off crazy success of the ps2 ... people would have copped regardless

If they both would have released at the same time and people were already locked in ... nobody would have time to analyze the weaknesses like that ... just would have rolled with the punches

The 360 was a great system but a fluke in time that will never be repeated
Your still bullshytting breh, Sony was coming off cocky after the ps2, telling people that if they cant afford it then they need to get a second job. They were acting just like Microsoft did before the X1 launched.

The 360 continued to outsell the ps3 for years after it launched, you sound like you weren't around at the start of last gen, or just wasn't paying attention.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Your still bullshytting breh, Sony was coming off cocky after the ps2, telling people that if they cant afford it then they need to get a second job. They were acting just like Microsoft did before the X1 launched.

The 360 continued to outsell the ps3 for years after it launched, you sound like you weren't around at the start of last gen, or just wasn't paying attention.

Breh stop

PS3 came out a year after the 360 , there were a lot of people who weren’t going to buy a second console .....

If they had come out at the same time it would have been another Microsoft L

Point blank period