Microsoft to lay off 10,000 employees between now and March 31st. Gaming also said to be impacted.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Small sacrifice for the greater good that is the 80 billion dollar acquisition.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
This is consistent with where their FAANG brethren are at currently.

MS has dipped into their bank account quite a bit in the last few years, they have to get ahead of cost cutting until those investments start bringing in some money. This is why I was never worried about them trying to make COD exclusive.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Stan wars aside, sorry to hear that

shyt.

You got anotha gig? Thought you were an Aviation Tech or some shyt.
Thanks, good thing about tech jobs is that there’s always another one waiting for you. So i’m good.

Was just trying to give some context. It’s gonna be a bloodbath in tech lay offs this year. All that Gov. money flying around, companies were hiring and expanding like crazy. Now all of that is dried up. Interest rates going up. Economists are expecting a recession. Gonna be a difficult year for lots of people:francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is consistent with where their FAANG brethren are at currently.

MS has dipped into their bank account quite a bit in the last few years, they have to get ahead of cost cutting until those investments start bringing in some money. This is why I was never worried about them trying to make COD exclusive.

Its also funny to see how beholden they are to the typical tech industry layoff trends when people on gaming forums brag about warchest.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I don't know man it appears they think they can buy their way into success like the 90s but the only thing that's different in the 90s you have major competition all over. I mean shyt you have to buy monthly or yearly 365 codes now :bryan:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft is about to invest 10 billion into OpenAI. Best believe AI and automation about to get plenty of tech jobs out of the paint. Microsoft is getting rid of people because they have the tools that make them redundant.

The fact that people are trying to tie this to gaming acquisitions is funny. They are working on implementing ChatGPT across all of their suite of services. We're approaching the AI revolution in the workspace. A lot of jobs that people are holding now based around communications, even coding/programming etc will be replaced with AI.

This is an indication of that more than anything.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Microsoft is about to invest 10 billion into OpenAI. Best believe AI and automation about to get plenty of tech jobs out of the paint. Microsoft is getting rid of people because they have the tools that make them redundant.

The fact that people are trying to tie this to gaming acquisitions is funny. They are working on implementing ChatGPT across all of their suite of services. We're approaching the AI revolution in the workspace. A lot of jobs that people are holding now based around communications, even coding/programming etc will be replaced with AI.

I think people are tying it to gaming because they are laying off people from their gaming division and from a company they just purchased a little over a year ago.

How can anyone root for a major acquisition for a company that is doing what you described as above, especially with so many of them unionizing?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think people are tying it to gaming because they are laying off people from their gaming division and from a company they just purchased a little over a year ago.

How can anyone root for a major acquisition for a company that is doing what you described as above, especially with so many of them unionizing?
every acquisition on earth ever comes with layoffs. And microsoft is the only one in big tech allowing unions.

This is you concern trolling and being a disgusting stan as usual :smh:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Way to early to trust chatgpt to run important infrastructure for an company like MS.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

They say it right in the press release. “It’s time we start using our tools to be more productive”

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

They are laying people off, yet they're also investing 10 billion into OpenAI. Do you think they are hurting for capital?

And I'm not "rooting" for anything, I'm just paying attention to what's happening in tech. Once people take off the blinders and really sit and think about how these AI tools are literally the worse they will ever be right now, they'll see that a lot of the work people are responsible for will be consolidated tremendously.