Microsoft raises game prices to 70 dollars

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Gamepass could be $300 a year and they would still brag about it.
Revy the broken record....games and movies aren't consumed the same. Access to 6,000 videos games for x a month is pointless when you only have time for a couple games a month, if that. People are out here bragging about rented access...not the games they play....not the actual games they've beaten....not the games they love that are only available on their console...their bragging about access....rented...access.
Now gamepass is a bad cause they give you too many games.

Sony stan’s wild :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gamepass could be $300 a year and they would still brag about it.
Revy the broken record....games and movies aren't consumed the same. Access to 6,000 videos games for x a month is pointless when you only have time for a couple games a month, if that. People are out here bragging about rented access...not the games they play....not the actual games they've beaten....not the games they love that are only available on their console...their bragging about access....rented...access.
:childplease:

Thats like saying renting video games was bad back in the day because you only had so much time to play them before you had to return it. There was a ton of value in not wasting 70-100 bucks on something you didn't like or finding out you actually love what you rented and then going out and buying it.

Everyone doesn't consume things the same.

This day and age of consumption is more about picking and choosing and bits and pieces here and there depending on how you feel.

I could pay 300 a year or buy 4 games for 70 bucks in 12 months... Even if I buy 1 game every other month at 40 bucks thats still 240 bucks...

Day and date games with the price rise just make this even that much more of a value.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Thats like saying renting video games was bad back in the day because you only had so much time to play them before you had to return it. There was a ton of value in not wasting 70-100 bucks on something you didn't like or finding out you actually love what you rented and then going out and buying it.

This day and age of consumption is more about picking and choosing and bits and pieces here and there depending on how you feel.

I could pay 300 a year or buy 4 games for 70 bucks in 12 months... Even if I buy 1 game every other month at 40 bucks thats still 240 bucks...

Day and date games with the price rise just make this even that much more of a value.

Xbots gonna become mathematician’s trying to work out the value of gamepass

3M5B.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Now gamepass is a bad cause they give you too many games.

Sony stan’s wild :mjlol:
:russ:I guess that's one way to look at it. That's funny.

Nah, but I said what I've said for a minute on here.
It applies to Sony's sub service as well (which I don't even have or care to have).
I have gamepass ultimate through one of those slickdeals/cd keys $30ish for a year trick or something like that (could be completely wrong on the price but it was cheap).
For me...these subs at full price make 0 sense.
Gamepass ultimate retails for what? $180 a year?

Me? I don't like "renting" games. (And I'm not going back and forth on "well a digital game can get delisted derp derp" because the simple fact is a game will get delisted (if ever) from a sub service MUCH faster than it would from an entire marketplace).
I was never in the crowd that bought games at Gamestop for $60 and traded them in a month later for $20.
That's why I have an entire closet full from floor to ceiling of videos games from every console.
I don't have to pay a yearly sub to pop any of those games in a play them.

It all just boils down to how you consume the games.
There are quite a few games that excite me and I want to play when they come out (which is what I thought this forum was about anyway).
I don't have interest in waiting 2, 3 years playing fillers while the game I really want is available.

Of the 2, I go easier on Gamepass than Sony Plus or whatever it's called.
Sony did what I always said they would do. Charge you for games regardless if you owned it before or not.
I was checking the store the other day and they have a few games listed as "PS1 Emulation". Some of those same games I won already both digitally and physically but guess what, I can't play them on my ps5 unless i repurchase them on ps5. Tomfoolery to the 5th degree.

Anyway...renting games is whack.
Renting old games, is even whacker.
Having no new games come out for your system and renting old games is the whackest.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Difference in that situation is a one-time purchase vs perpetual costs.
I see value in a game that's good enough for me to stick with it all the way through and finish it.
What I look like bragging about "I never beat a game but I played the first level of about 276 games this year!". :russ:
:ohhh:Wait a minute. Breh... tell me...
:jbhmm:Do you make sure you finish all the food on your plate before grabbing seconds?

Edit...

I know you :skip:
The one that grabs a bunch of crap, takes 3 nibbles, leaves it all on his plate and eventually throws it all away talking bout "I'm full". :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I see value in a game that's good enough for me to stick with it all the way through and finish it.
What I look like bragging about "I never beat a game but I played the first level of about 276 games this year!". :russ:
:jbhmm:Do you make sure you finish all the food on your plate before grabbing seconds?

Thats what always gets me when people argue that subscription models don’t or wont lower the value of the media attached to them. How many shows on netflix do yo start and drop, how many albums came out in the past few years that you listened to maybe once or twice even if you enjoyed them?

Games are a much longer investment and I already see engagement in some of them falling despite people bragging about all the gamepass drops. A bunch of games come out and people say “woooow we eatin this month” and no one actually talks about the games in any real detail, probably because they aren’t finishing them.

After a while, they’re gonna eventually lower budgets because they’ll learn people aren’t super invested in each individual game they just want more

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:russ:I guess that's one way to look at it. That's funny.

Nah, but I said what I've said for a minute on here.
It applies to Sony's sub service as well (which I don't even have or care to have).
I have gamepass ultimate through one of those slickdeals/cd keys $30ish for a year trick or something like that (could be completely wrong on the price but it was cheap).
For me...these subs at full price make 0 sense.
Gamepass ultimate retails for what? $180 a year?

Me? I don't like "renting" games. (And I'm not going back and forth on "well a digital game can get delisted derp derp" because the simple fact is a game will get delisted (if ever) from a sub service MUCH faster than it would from an entire marketplace).
I was never in the crowd that bought games at Gamestop for $60 and traded them in a month later for $20.
That's why I have an entire closet full from floor to ceiling of videos games from every console.
I don't have to pay a yearly sub to pop any of those games in a play them.

It all just boils down to how you consume the games.
There are quite a few games that excite me and I want to play when they come out (which is what I thought this forum was about anyway).
I don't have interest in waiting 2, 3 years playing fillers while the game I really want is available.

Of the 2, I go easier on Gamepass than Sony Plus or whatever it's called.
Sony did what I always said they would do. Charge you for games regardless if you owned it before or not.
I was checking the store the other day and they have a few games listed as "PS1 Emulation". Some of those same games I won already both digitally and physically but guess what, I can't play them on my ps5 unless i repurchase them on ps5. Tomfoolery to the 5th degree.

Anyway...renting games is whack.
Renting old games, is even whacker.
Having no new games come out for your system and renting old games is the whackest.
Nobody reading all this breh,

Y’all been screwing your brains for years now trying to find a reason that gamepass is bad.

Give it rest. Keep paying $70 a pop for “Access” to a box on your shelf :mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

Edit...

I know you :skip:
The one that grabs a bunch of crap, takes 3 nibbles, leaves it all on his plate and eventually throws it all away talking bout "I'm full". :mjlol:
Do you use the adobe suite?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:dahell:

as opposed to what? watching re-runs of The Love Boat?

Netflix started putting out more low effort, low budget, disposable media once they realized that most people subscribing aren’t invested in the quality. More reality tv shows, more documentaries, highschool dramas, low cost foreign dramas, more CW syndicated 90 shows….etc. they simply just want people to turn on the app to constantly see new stuff not entirely ‘good’ stuff.

Like i said, i think it will be very interesting to see what gamepass looks like by the end of this generation

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Disgusting. But given the fact that Game Pass still cost the same and all these games are available on it day one who is actually buying these games for full price?
Incoming early 2023: Gamepass also gets price increase
As long as they keep the Gold conversion process who really cares about the monthly price?