Microsoft need to change their strategy real quick cos they’re losing bad

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Halo and Xbox live have been the only thing for the last decade and half keep Microsoft afloat. Other then that they haven’t been doing anything revolutionary and there hardware has always been bad.

by the way I’m a big Xbox fan I just know the writings on the wall.:yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
A lot of you are wrong here, these consoles will be out for years to come in this generation and eventually they'll be in stock and you know a refresh/newer model will come out like the ps pro/xbox one X/S.

The Series S @ $299 that can play everything on Gamepass aint bad plus you can toss it in your travel bag and go.

Why game over xcloud and drain your phone battery when you can hook the S to the hotel flat screen?

I just dont think that applies to most people, especially people actually traveling for work. If anything they switch is still the idea console for travel, even a switch and. Base is still about the same size as an series s. I think most people bought a series s because they were hype about next gen and couldnt afford or couldn’t find the other two consoles.

I think we will really see the difference once ps5 and series x’s are commonly on store shelves

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
There's always gonna be a budget crowd and only a dumbass would want less competition between these few companies.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps

They have a problem now where the Series X is hard to come by whilst the Series S is abundant in stores whilst not selling because people don’t want them. They’re basically splitting resources to make two consoles where one is popular and the other is a failure.

Sony doesn’t have that problem because both their consoles are in high demand due to both being the same power. Microsoft need to ditch the Series S, admit it’s a failure and produce a Series X digital. It’s the only path for them for now before this season turns into another Sony bloodbath.

they were gonna lose (sales wise) regardless they were never gonna beat playstation in that dept and never will...Playstation been around since 95/96...sony held ppl down half a decade before xbox was a thing it is what it is...nikkas just gotta accept it

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they were gonna lose (sales wise) regardless they were never gonna beat playstation in that dept and never will...Playstation been around since 95/96...sony held ppl down half a decade before xbox was a thing it is what it is...nikkas just gotta accept it
It’s not about beating PlayStation, it’s about at least keeping close and they won’t do that with the flop that is the Series S. I guarantee you if they had a Series X digital, it would be selling as well as the normal Series S

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Yeah see the S would have been great, but in some titles it's not even holding 1080p/60fps. This deters the snobs as its effectively the weaker one. Sony played it smart and just ditched the optical hardware. You get the same experience on the digital and non digital.

MS has failed to live up to last gen's expectations with three hardware releases (One, One S, Series S) isn't a good look. Either they get it together and have the Series S be the hero performer it was supposed to be, or bin it.

Most people have 1080p. That part isn't the issue. The lack of keeping things fluid at that resolution with good visuals is doing the most damage in the press.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah see the S would have been great, but in some titles it's not even holding 1080p/60fps. This deters the snobs as its effectively the weaker one. Sony played it smart and just ditched the optical hardware. You get the same experience on the digital and non digital.

MS has failed to live up to last gen's expectations with three hardware releases (One, One S, Series S) isn't a good look. Either they get it together and have the Series S be the hero performer it was supposed to be, or bin it.

Most people have 1080p. That part isn't the issue. The lack of keeping things fluid at that resolution with good visuals is doing the most damage in the press.

People think resolution matters to hardcore gamers.. Most gamers on PC still play on 1080p..

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
with how the silicon lottery works, the lower clocked chips will have better yields

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
A lot of you are wrong here, these consoles will be out for years to come in this generation and eventually they'll be in stock and you know a refresh/newer model will come out like the ps pro/xbox one X/S.

The Series S @ $299 that can play everything on Gamepass aint bad plus you can toss it in your travel bag and go.

Why game over xcloud and drain your phone battery when you can hook the S to the hotel flat screen?

When I travel out of town to work I bring my Switch. Aint ever thought about bringing a Xbox or a Playstation.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Why hook an S into a hotel flat screen when you can just bring your tablet and a controller along with you (the former you would likely bring anyway) and remote into your X or play on Xcloud?

The S is a waste of resources:yeshrug:

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Series s is a good idea, but it's probably not the console for the market right now.

Funny thing is, I thought the series s would be a hit, given the pandemic, but appears that it ain't. Long term I could see it doing well, just on the virtue of it being cheap