Microsoft is trying to lock Kojima up to be XboX exclusive

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
In b4 everyone (that didn’t play the game) says death stranding was trash and this doesn’t matter.
I own it and I'm 20hrs in and I had to tap out today(I'm at the timefall farm delivery mission).

It's a bad game. It has good ideas, but it's a bad game. The menus are crowded and overdesigned, the way the story is told is bad, the physics are somehow worse than MGS4, a game from 12 YEARS AGO. As an MGS fan, I'm pissed off that he released this. MGSV was a disappointment narratively, but at least the game mechanics were elite and it was actually fun to play.

The thing that angers me the most about the way the story is told, is that he can't commit between "you're playing as sam bridges, someone who already knows what BTs, beaches, voidouts, chiralium, chiral networks, cryptobiotes, timefall, death stranding, Bridge Babies, etc. are. He doesn't need these things explained to him so you can find out the context through audiotapes and other means"

and

"Someone will explain things to you as though you just woke up from a coma and don't know what these things are" like during the truck ride around the beginning.

It just comes across as extremely pretentious, like he and the writing team sitting in the back like "they ain't ready for this deep shyt we about to drop. Explain it? nah we off that :jawalrus: "

The story is basically a question of what would happen if the boundary between life and death became blurred. An INTERESTING PREMISE, but he completely fukks it up.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I own it and I'm 20hrs in and I had to tap out today(I'm at the timefall farm delivery mission).

It's a bad game. It has good ideas, but it's a bad game. The menus are crowded and overdesigned, the way the story is told is bad, the physics are somehow worse than MGS4, a game from 12 YEARS AGO. As an MGS fan, I'm pissed off that he released this. MGSV was a disappointment narratively, but at least the game mechanics were elite and it was actually fun to play.

The thing that angers me the most about the way the story is told, is that he can't commit between "you're playing as sam bridges, someone who already knows what BTs, beaches, voidouts, chiralium, chiral networks, cryptobiotes, timefall, death stranding, Bridge Babies, etc. are. He doesn't need these things explained to him so you can find out the context through audiotapes and other means"

and

"Someone will explain things to you as though you just woke up from a coma and don't know what these things are" like during the truck ride around the beginning.

It just comes across as extremely pretentious, like he and the writing team sitting in the back like "they ain't ready for this deep shyt we about to drop. Explain it? nah we off that :jawalrus: "

The story is basically a question of what would happen if the boundary between life and death became blurred. An INTERESTING PREMISE, but he completely fukks it up.

I enjoyed the game but I think i love the idea of it more than the actual game itself? I love the art direction (yoji shinkawa is a master designer) the graphics (thanks decima engine) and the musical score. The overall production value and the concepts were great, i even like the typical Kojima political commentary mixed with the quirky existential philosophical stuff.

The system of connecting people and having other players build shyt is more genius. shyt, even love he idea of a AAA game being an actual walking sim. I loved the tactical feel of climbing through terrain and the light survival mechanics.

But I also kind of get why it’s so decisive. It’s not an all out action game even though it has a lot of action int it. I think the game generally suffers from lack of focus. They spoke so much about the strand genre being a thing but the different gameplay elements don’t work in great harmony with each other. You got stealth, driving, big boss fights, deliveries, building, exploration, and then these huuuuge exposition heavy cutscenes that are so randomly placed. It feels like 5 different games spliced together. You get the long cutscenes in the beginning, a couple shorter ones in the middle (including that weird japanese girl delivery that went on forever), a weird Conan O’Brien cameo, and then the ending...which is like a two hour movie trying to explain the entire game you just played but in a very kojima way.

Honestly i love everything kojima does even if it’s half baked. MGSV was a mess and i still enjoyed it for the most part. I just like this dudes style.

I think maybe i would have preferred if the horror/BT stuff wasn’t in the game, and it was just a straight up trek across the country with the rebel factions and maybe some other obstacles. The most fun I had with the game was just exploration. I honestly didn’t care for a lot of the battles

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz

and

I can respect your take on the game and admit I didn’t like it as much as my goat mgsv. But I still felt the gameplay itself was fun and had some what of an mgs v playground feel to it though obviously not as in depth as it’s predecessor.

I liked robbing camps, I liked the different ways to travel across different terrain, the vehicles felt good and the human connection elements were a cool idea but somewhat novel. Loved the plethora of free upgrades for weapons gear etc.

story was definitely sloppy and bosses were what ever.

and I think the games budget definitely reared it’s head compared to something like Tlou2.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Either it's Death Stranding or something entirely new and multiplatform.

I can't see him revisiting MGS or P.T.
You get other studios to do those at this point.
Either way I can't wait to see what's brewing.

Imagine a Death Stranding Battleroyale type joint?
Tipping other players over on purpose and slappin boxes out of their hands.
Pull out the Bola and jack their weight. :ohhh:
All the while BTs are closing in and you have to make your delivery to the middle of the map as the safe zone gets smaller and smaller.
:banderas:
:laff:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I wonder how many millions Kojigod gets for these exclusives?

Kojima bless.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
If it's anything like death stranding, they should save their money and try to rope in Eiji Aunoma for the next Fable game. fukk Kojima, overrated dev, these dudes need to get Miyazaki instead.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Either it's Death Stranding or something entirely new and multiplatform.

I can't see him revisiting MGS or P.T.
You get other studios to do those at this point.
Either way I can't wait to see what's brewing.

Imagine a Death Stranding Battleroyale type joint?
Tipping other players over on purpose and slappin boxes out of their hands.
Pull out the Bola and jack their weight. :ohhh:
All the while BTs are closing in and you have to make your delivery to the middle of the map as the safe zone gets smaller and smaller.
:banderas:
:laff:
It can't be death stranding, Sony owns the IP