Microsoft has overtaken Apple to once again become the world’s most valuable company.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I dunno, they have tons of cash on hand
That's fine, but to keep their previous record valuation they had to increase their iPhone price to 1K which IMO is not sustainable for the majority of the market to re-up yearly or bi-yearly.

That $9,000 MacBook Pro is probably not flying out of cuppertino either

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
That's fine, but to keep their previous record valuation they had to increase their iPhone price to 1K which IMO is not sustainable for the majority of the market to re-up yearly or bi-yearly.

That $9,000 MacBook Pro is probably not flying out of cuppertino either

damn near every company, especially tech, is gonna raise the cost of their products or just lose money. it's a response to trump's tariff increase.

it sounds like tariffs will rise from 10% to 20% in January (according to a dell rep i spoke to) so the margins on iphones and laptops will take a bigger hit. i still think apple should do more with their apple tv line, home software and make their ipads more enterprise friendly. the pro is nice but dumb since it has a lot of power but is very limited.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
damn near every company, especially tech, is gonna raise the cost of their products or just lose money. it's a response to trump's tariff increase.

it sounds like tariffs will rise from 10% to 20% in January (according to a dell rep i spoke to) so the margins on iphones and laptops will take a bigger hit. i still think apple should do more with their apple tv line, home software and make their ipads more enterprise friendly. the pro is nice but dumb since it has a lot of power but is very limited.
Bad news for Apple then because there is no way they can keep that same momentum at $1,000+. The argument is that these phones are portable computers thus "justifying" the price, but consumers reach a breaking point and I believe we are at that stage with these high end phones.

We are due for another recession and all the signs are pointing in that direction so I expect iPhone flagship sales to continue to decrease yearly.