Microsoft Could Straight Up Buy Sony, By the Way

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Naw it would have been dope if another game company merged with them, rather than a platform holder

Keep believing that bullshyt “lesser of evils” that a 2 trillion dollar company is spoon feeding you
Yea. But what company was gonna merge with them? That didn’t seem like an option as they were clearly trying to get bought by a conglomerate.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Don’t tell these dumbass nikkas nothing breh:mjlol:
But that's factually untrue lol? If it's a publicly traded company you can buy up the shares. I'm pretty sure there was fear of Vivendi doing this to Ubisoft years ago. Of course I'm oversimplifying it but it's not just a matter of "wanting to be bought."

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yea. But what company was gonna merge with them? That didn’t seem like an option as they were clearly trying to get bought by a conglomerate.

If that were the case they wouldn’t have shopped it to EA and who knows who else

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
But that's factually untrue lol? If it's a publicly traded company you can buy up the shares. I'm pretty sure there was fear of Vivendi doing this to Ubisoft years ago. Of course I'm oversimplifying it but it's not just a matter of "wanting to be bought."
A company as big as Sony can’t easily be bought. Come of fam. They would have to want or NEED to sell at this point.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
EA getting it would’ve been another nightmare. Lol

What would have been better is letting the company and its scumbag ceo and board face actual ramifications for their mismanagement of studios and nasty work environment.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Didn't Microsoft got in a lil trouble a while back for monopolizing operating systems with windows? Anybody cheering on conglomerates merging together is delusional
No. It was over internet explorer vs Netscape (rip).

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
the only thing MS needs to do to get me fully on board is make their ish compatible with a VR headset

a simple download patch would make something like Microsoft Flight Simulator playable on a Series X + Quest 2 since the code is already there for the PC version
If you are in the dashboard beta program you can use your VR headset :francis:

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
market cap only refers to the value of the shares of stock based on the amount of shares

Sony could just issue more shares to increase their market cap, it doesn't mean they can be brought, whoeve wrote that article is an idiot lmao

Sony Group which is on the stock market is A HOLDING COMPANY, it doesn't do anything

Sony is a multinational conglomerate, it's made up for many companies, manufacturing, music, movies

At this point its a too big to fail type of company

Microsoft doesn't make anything, or create any new technologies

I mean all the cameras in iphones are made by sony
Bruh issuing more shares would dilute the company shares. You would want to buy back the shares in order to raise the price.