Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Will likely correct itself but the headline alone is bananas.

Microsoft Deal Wipes $20 Billion Off Sony's Market Value in a Day

The crazy thing is, none of this was hard to see. This was for everyone to see. Not Activision and Bethesda specifically but to get busy with the acquisitions. Even the analyst dude using what he calls a war of attrition. I've been saying that going on two years, search will validate that. Microsoft woke and finally said, "what the fukk are we doing, we are Microsoft' and went to fukking work. Fandom blinded a lot of people to this.I realized when they had the 5 acquisitions in 2018 at E3, I saw that Microsoft was building the death star.

I literally just said this a week ago.

That's where we are. Every single thing that I've said they'd do this generation, they've either done it or are in the midst of doing it. I can't even call it a prediction, its the damn Microsoft playbook, lol. The shyt has less plays than Tecmo Bowl. Apply financial pressure. That's the damn playbook. Big bank take little bank and it works every time.

This is literally why people felt a way about them joining the gaming space in the first place. They are just doing what people was scared they was gonna do initially, 20 years later.

Last edited:

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Between my Switch Lite and PS5, I don’t have time for Xbox like that anymore (I do have a One S tho). Still, this is crazy news. I do like Diablo and Overwatch but I could always go the pc route in the distant future when this deal matters

Daps
Will COD stop fukkin with that dusty ass engine they been using for the last 20 years and switch to unreal 5 ? :wow:
That may be asking too much. I just want them to stop integrating CODs together. I don't gave a dog's ass about Vanguard but they try to shove it down our throats

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
People also need to understand that just because there’s an acquisition doesn’t mean they just gonna start droppin bangers. These companies wasn’t droppin bangers like that for years prior so hopefully this puts some fire under they ass. Sony REALLY needs to focus on games and push the fukk out of it. The multiplayer FPS space is basically Microsoft at this point.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Sony didn't spend BILLIONS buying companies that primarily made games for all consoles. That's a huge difference. The people they acquired were already primary PS game developers anyway.

and This will be ignored.

Im not very big into the stan wars shyt, but the bad faith arguments being made in here are kind of absurd.

If we are entering a realm where aggressive 100 billion dollar monopoly purchases is regular degular, then the gaming industry is in trouble. They cant see whats coming at them in the distance, and it isnt good. This goes for ALL gamers.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

Im not very big into the stan wars shyt, but the bad faith arguments being made in here are kind of absurd.

If we are entering a realm where aggressive 100 billion dollar monopoly purchases is regular degular, then the gaming industry is in trouble. They cant see whats coming at them in the distance, and it isnt good. This goes for ALL gamers.
I been saying it. Whether Sony or anyone else did this it would be bad for the gaming community. It’s pretty weird and like I said before even DF aren’t feeling it too crazy.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
its supposed to be big anti trust laws that was supposed to stop this merger from even happening either in U.K courts or America but we havent heard shyt...:beli: so it looks like the deal may go through because the people in charge of stopping monopolies just dont care anymore... :manny:
How would this be a monopoly? Tencent exist, Sony exist. This would be the #3 player in the market. This isn't even counting other companies like EA.

The irony of saying bad faith arguments are being made while making a bad faith argument. This sort of purchase isn't regular. Something happening once doesn't make it regular.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony didn't spend BILLIONS buying companies that primarily made games for all consoles. That's a huge difference. The people they acquired were already primary PS game developers anyway.
Sony didn't do that because they couldn't, if they could have they would have.

What they could and did do was use their pull, influence, incentives and market cap to make sure games either A) skipped Xbox or B) came out So much later it was almost pointless to release it on the system at all.

We have a current example with that right now with final fantasy and even with deathloop.

So yeah different poison same effect. The funny thing is I don't believe MS would be this aggressive if they didn't have to worry about Sony trying to cock blocking consistently.

I think there would have been smaller acquisitions.

However, while Sony can't buy up bigger companies other companies can from take two to tencent and more.. so MS is just being proactive on that front.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Sony didn't do that because they couldn't, if they could have they would have.

What they could and did do was use their pull, influence, incentives and market cap to make sure games either A) skipped Xbox or B) came out So much later it was almost pointless to release it on the system at all.

We have a current example with that right now with final fantasy and even with deathloop.

So yeah different poison same effect. The funny thing is I don't believe MS would be this aggressive if they didn't have to worry about Sony trying to cock blocking consistently.

I think there would have been smaller acquisitions.

However, while Sony can't buy up bigger companies other companies can from take two to tencent and more.. so MS is just being proactive on that front.
Son. There’s a REASON people didn’t want Microsoft to enter the console market. This right here. Is that VERY reason. To act like this is somehow Sony’s fault is hilarious. Lol. nikkas knew what Microsoft was capable of from the beginning and they had a reputation for this type of shyt. They just been lubing muthafukkas up for 20 years. Lol

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I've thought about this since the PS4. Sony had one damn exclusive multiplayer and that was Killzone Shadow Fall which didn't last that long I don't think.:dahell:

They got comfortable, but hopefully this is a wake call. Then again, I could be wrong:mjlol:
This is the thing though. Do we think we are the smartest people in the world? You think all the billions Sony pumps into gaming over the decades, that nobody brought this up in a meeting?

They obviously do not give a flying fukk about it. Not saying that's good. I also wonder when we get some MP better than the same maps on COD for a year. But Sony has clearly put their flag in the ground about not making one.

another L which I've been saying for years for people to fall back on is

when people say strictly console sales and placement... on top of games and exclusives... you are fukking yourself by feeding the fire... This is a direct result of the fans talking shyt and saying microsoft doesnt have shyt.
what isnt being spoken about is the fact that no matter what this will cut into sony's profit and fukk them. And its all the fans fault for fighting and talking shyt to a company that could just buy you. Ive been trying to tell yall for years just let the shyt be.
now Microsoft gets paid from Sony and takes a large chunk of the dough they need. It boxes everything in and forces them to do business reluctantly, which they've tried to avoid. Now they gotta pay into the shyt they avoided doing for free. Not only are you losing titles, you are losing hundreds of millions of dollars a year to pay your competition to use their assets. Money they could have recirculated or bought something with. All while Microsoft recoups off your reluctance and pride. There's wild levels to this... if Sony says fukk them then the fans will flip out.... so they basically extorted Sony really, into either paying them or publicly handing their fans L's
Again.. we think too highly of ourselves.. This shyt ain't a result of fans. It's a result of getting blown the fukk out in sales of consoles in 3 out of 4 of the last generations. So they made a PLANNED pivot to online gaming and streaming games.

Ain't nobody sitting in the board meeting like

"Boy the fans keep saying we don't have games. I mean I thought we had enough but the talk on twitter is we have no games."

"Holy shyt Frank! Good thing you brought that up. Nobody had a clue. I guess we gotta start blowing money on devs."

Nah... We could talk or not talk. Hell, we could have made MS the best selling console this gen. The path was already set since "always on" was a huge failure. That they needed to go another way cause they couldn't compete.

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Son. There’s a REASON people didn’t want Microsoft to enter the console market. This right here. Is that VERY reason. To act like this is somehow Sony’s fault is hilarious. Lol. nikkas knew what Microsoft was capable of from the beginning and they had a reputation for this type of shyt. They just been lubing muthafukkas up for 20 years. Lol
Exactly.. MS is worth 1.6 trillion and Sony is worth 100 billion. To be honest, MS should just buy Sony and make the PS6 the Xbox and call it a day.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Mario Kart 8 being 7 on that list is still beyond hilarious to me.

is Overwatch a dead game atm? maybe MS can comfortably speed up Overwatch 2 and help their league.
Blizzard doesnt report their numbers publicly.

sales or active players. Only when games hit certain milestones.

overwatch has sold 20 million more copies than the highest selling call of duty.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Shambles :wow:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
People also need to understand that just because there’s an acquisition doesn’t mean they just gonna start droppin bangers. These companies wasn’t droppin bangers like that for years prior so hopefully this puts some fire under they ass. Sony REALLY needs to focus on games and push the fukk out of it. The multiplayer FPS space is basically Microsoft at this point.
:ld: just recently World of Warcraft Classic (2020) and Diablo 2 resurrected (2021) were massive hits :ld:

both with more players than PS5 top selling game, Spider Man :ld: so if those arent bangers, then nothing Sony has is one :ld: