Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Don't matter where you play join the ecosystem :shaq:
I been had gamepass for over a year, it's been kind meh for me personally.

There's good stuff on there occasionally but many times it's something I beat already or got free already somewhere else. Or it runs worse through gamepass launcher than other launchers.

It's cool though I enjoyed my time with several games. Haven't cancelled it yet :yeshrug:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
he probably don't feel it's worth it. :yeshrug:

I'm still on the fence on keeping mine. Halo is fun, but outside of that I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything so far.
At the moment, I agree with that for the most part. I have gamepass and consistently play games that aren't even on gamepass or games that I already own. (Although I did finally come across a gamepass game I would have never tried if it wasn't for gamepass.... Rift breaker. That game is freakin piff. I can't believe I didn't know about it sooner).
For someone getting into gaming for the first time ever or for the first time in a long time I would recommend xbox and gamepass for the value.
For a regular gamer I'd say go with the console that has the exclusives you care most about. In my case it's Sony.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
They will. That's the whole point here. They're not buying these publishers (and their IPs) to make multi-platform games. They're doing it to make gamepass more attractive. You won't see any of those big tent-pole titles release on PS anymore after this. And that is a huge deal. Remember, Sony brings in a ton of revenue from being the place to play/buy/spend for numerous 3rd party titles. Losing that is going to have an effect, and it won't be positive. MS can shoulder that short-term loss from starving out the competition for future gains from being the premier place to play/spend.

I'm not being a fan here when I say this has horrible implications for the industry. People treating this like it's a good thing are being naive.
Nah that’s a good breakdown. And then not firing Phil shows they backing his long term plans.

looks like it might be time to get that game pass. Just built my son a PC for gaming so it’s time.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You really think so? Microsoft must really think these gamers are crackheads. I think they're going to have to make these games very accessible to make them money back. And if the money didn't matter then they're just creating chaos. There must be a new world of Warcraft coming out for this to make sense
MS makes so much money they would make it back regardless breh :laugh:

70 billion for MS is isn't even 1% of the company's valuation.

:dead:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Here's the difference between Sony and Microsoft. The developers Sony acquired were already primarily making Sony exclusives. So no one with an Xbox was missing out when they purchased Insomniac. Microsoft on the other hand has had to take developers, who were already making games for all consoles, off the playing field. I do believe in console exclusives. I get a particular console for games I can't play on another console. Sony has put in the work, like Sony does with everything, to make their stuff special. This tells me that Microsoft can't, and are going to horde as much as they can, before Sony finalizes what they're going to do with Playstation Plus.

Exactly. Someone needs to point out what big company Sony bought that was initially making games for all platforms as well. It’s a disingenuous argument imo.

If someone can't understand the difference between buying big publishers that dropped a series of games on all platforms for decades to some studios that were already only making games on Playstation primarily then they're not trying to have a serious discussion.

zVFaxHh.png

Like, where do you see here that Sony was buying out big "studios"?

Most of these studios are either small studios that were porting games or already made content only for Playstation. Heck, even some Sony-owned stuff is coming to PC now.

We are not about to act like Nixxes or Bluepoint games are the same as freaking Activision now.

Almost every big Sony title that's hyped up was made by their first-party studios and not some third-party joint and even then, a title is far less of a big deal than an entire portfolio of game series not coming to the platform at all.

Whereas with MSFT, when they buy a huge publisher, likely, the game doesn't make it to Playstation AT ALL. It's not the same thing.

These guys in here cheering this on like some cheerleaders are losing the plot of the film. I don't play COD on PS5 so as long as it's on PC I'm still good but acting like MSFT buying Activision is the same as being hype about Horizon Forbidden West which is made by Sony's 1st party studio is crazy talk.

:mjlol:

Ill Phil:wow: