Microsoft Breh's $2600 Houston Apartment

perfectblack999

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I were single and no kids I would do it.

Imagine all the women I could bring through :blessed:

I live in north DFW and our mortgage is like $5k :beli:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Rent keeps going up, mortgage stays the same.
I always roll my eyes when I see this get regurgitated. It's not true.

Your principal and interest stay the same.

Your property taxes and insurance most definitely will not. A lot of folks been finding out the hard way these past few years. Especially with the huge jump in a lot of insurance premiums

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

Your property taxes and insurance most definitely will not. A lot of folks been finding out the hard way these past few years. Especially with the huge jump in a lot of insurance premiums

I'm not a home owner, but I see major major benefits. You speak like someone who rents and prefer to ignore the truths.

Yeah property tax goes up, but what's on the other end? Rent keeps going up, you saving less and less. At least with a mortgage the bigger the down payment, the less you pay monthly. Not to mention you can sell for a potential profit.

I'm cool with property taxes going up. When the house is paid off, that ain't shyt. Your rent however increases substantially and you gain nothing of value.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Idk for that amount I would just cop a whole crib.
He stated he downsized from a 4 bedroom crib.
That's actually expensive for Houston.
Not really. Not for downtown.
if someone find the apartment name drop it please
Brava
You gotta be careful what you say. Not trying to call you out, but are you financially successful? What makes you say it's better for your pockets?

Sure a home needs repairs, but that doesn't happen a lot unless you buy a bad house. From a financial viewpoint, Renting is never better, especially now. Rent keeps going up, mortgage stays the same.
Mortgage may stay the same but things like property tax/insurance will not. And they have gone up considerably over the past few years.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang

This is obviously location dependent but on average these costs are negligible in the grand scheme of things. I pay less than 7k a year for both

Veteran
Daps
Mortgage may stay the same but things like property tax/insurance will not. And they have gone up considerably over the past few years.

You are still better off with a home, you can't twist it any other way. And if you put down a big enough payment, you can beat rent by $300 - $400.

And when it's paid off, your property tax a measly $300/month.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
You are still better off with a home, you can't twist it any other way. And if you put down a big enough payment, you can beat rent by $300 - $400.

And when it's paid off, your property tax a measly $300/month.
YOU feel you are still better off with a home. That may not be everyone's situation. Most people can't afford to put a big down payment on a home. And I pay well north of $300 in property taxes now, more than double that actually so your numbers are off. I'm not even saying one is better than the other because no one can state that in an absolute way because everyone's situation is different. There are pros and cons to both. People gotta do what's best for them.

Veteran
Daps
YOU feel you are still better off with a home. That may not be everyone's situation. Most people can't afford to put a big down payment on a home. And I pay well north of $300 in property taxes now, more than double that actually so your numbers are off. I'm not even saying one is better than the other because no one can state that in an absolute way because everyone's situation is different. There are pros and cons to both. People gotta do what's best for them.

Why are you beating around the bush and acting obtuse? Of course nothing is ever 100%. No shyt it isn't easy for a large down payment. No shyt property taxes are high in a nice city. No shyt you gotta do what's best for you.

But the point remains;

Owning real estate is by far the easiest way to wealth for the average joe. You have options. You can also pass that home to your kids and grandkids. I don't care what you say, owning a home will always trump renting. The kids who don't get a home passed to them are severely disadvantaged.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Why are you beating around the bush and acting obtuse? Of course nothing is ever 100%. No shyt it isn't easy for a large down payment. No shyt property taxes are high in a nice city.

But the point remains;

Owning real estate is by far the easiest way to wealth for the average joe. You can also pass that home to your kids and grandkids. I don't care what you say, owning a home will always trump renting. The kids who don't get a home passed to them are severely disadvantaged.
People have to be able to sustain being able to afford a home before it turns into any kind of wealth. That isn't everyone's situation.