Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
"Well we heard that Sony was trying to set up an exclusive deal, so we started buying everything we can."

"But we don't care about console sales anymore we're for the gamers. Except the 30+ mil that have a playstation."

Xbox fukked themselves last generation, now they're trying to blame PS.

:stopitslime:
#Shambles

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yooo Sony dirty as fukk and i dont blame Microsoft one bit buying these publishers.
Heck there's a report they were thinking about acquiring Square. I feel Sony is playing a dangerous game making deals to block Xbox. I don't think square games would move much on xbox, but I wouldn't want to risk Square skipping out on platform due to blocking xbox releases

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
It's not just that the games are exclusive they're different types of games than the ones on PlayStation and Xbox. Many of the most popular games on both Xbox and PlayStation are multiplatform games like Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, Madden, Call of Duty. A good portion of those games don't even exist on Nintendo's current platform. Some of those games existed on previous Nintendo platforms and didn't find much success and the publishers stopped making them.
So you’re saying you have to buy a Nintendo because their games are exclusive to their platform. :mjlol:

There isn’t a difference in demographic between Folks who play smash bros vs street fighter or Zelda vs FF.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Heck there's a report they were thinking about acquiring Square. I feel Sony is playing a dangerous game making deals to block Xbox. I don't think square games would move much on xbox, but I wouldn't want to risk Square skipping out on platform due to blocking xbox releases

This is what I don’t get, you’re so disgusted when one side does it, but not the other. Make it make sense.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
"Well we heard that Sony was trying to set up an exclusive deal, so we started buying everything we can."

"But we don't care about console sales anymore we're for the gamers. Except the 30+ mil that have a playstation."

Xbox fukked themselves last generation, now they're trying to blame PS.

:stopitslime:
I mean from an capital standpoint it doesn't make any sense to buy exclusive rights to games like Sony does for Microsoft because Sony is the overwhelming majority of the market and Microsoft has the capital to just buy the publisher. For Sony who can't afford to but the publisher all they have to do it buy out Xbox's share of game sales and they can get a favorable deal.

I guess your argument is they should have just laid down and died?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The "Project Phoenix" revelation is more proof of Microsoft's actual intentions.

They already own the vast majority of wrpg developers and it looks like they tried to do the same with jrpg developers.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I mean from an capital standpoint it doesn't make any sense to buy exclusive rights to games like Sony does for Microsoft because Sony is the overwhelming majority of the market and Microsoft has the capital to just buy the publisher. For Sony who can't afford to but the publisher all they have to do it buy out Xbox's share of game sales and they can get a favorable deal.

I guess your argument is they should have just laid down and died?
No, get other exclusive deals. They got the money to do so.

No one batted a eye when oblivion was exclusive to the 360 for a bit.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So you’re saying you have to buy a Nintendo because their games are exclusive to their platform. :mjlol:

There isn’t a difference in demographic between Folks who play smash bros vs street fighter or Zelda vs FF.
The Switch and PS5 are noticeably different not just in graphics but in the type of games they have. You're trying to use fanboy arguments of exclusive this and that and I'm saying the libraries are noticeably different with a different style of games between them. Nintendo is not making games like Grand Theft Auto and they aren't trying to appeal to the gamer that's into that directly. Nintendo is making games like Pikmin 4 and Sony and Microsoft really aren't.

Having exclusive titles doesn't automatically mean the style of them is unique.

So I'm saying Nintendo makes unique styles of games. Nintendo could just as easily go back to the old days when they tried to put out comparable systems to Xbox and PlayStation and were even willing to make games like Eternal Darkness and I bet they wouldn't find the level of success they have now leaning into what makes them unique.

Nintendo has it's own audience and while there is some overlap no they aren't chasing after PlayStation or Xbox's core consumer.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
The "Project Phoenix" revelation is more proof of Microsoft's actual intentions.

They already own the vast majority of wrpg developers and it looks like they tried to do the same with jrpg developers.
Are we sure that isn't in regards to crystal dynamics and eidos? Both currently working on Fable and Perfect Dark?

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Never really understood the separation. If the series s is included switch needs to be as well.

Switch isn't a cheap/budget option into the console space like the Series S. It is targeting a different experience (portable) with a much more differentiated library.

Some of the biggest 3rd party games on PS/Xbox are not on Switch. Even for games that are 3rd party, MS and Sony are competing for each unit sale.

Just think about 3rd party games that have come out in the last few years, how many even released on the Switch? For the games that are on all platforms, the Switch version is massively downgraded.

Now knowing that, how can you still believe that they are direct competitors when they aren't targeting similar experiences?

Ultimately, like any other form of entertainment, they are competing for the users limited time and money. But they aren't direct competitors. Switch competes with the other consoles as much as Game Pass competes with Netflix. Both are subscriptions, both offer vast libraries, but people pay into them for different experiences and have different expectations of each.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The Switch and PS5 are noticeably different not just in graphics but in the type of games they have. You're trying to use fanboy arguments of exclusive this and that and I'm saying the libraries are noticeably different with a different style of games between them. Nintendo is not making games like Grand Theft Auto and they aren't trying to appeal to the gamer that's into that directly. Nintendo is making games like Pikmin 4 and Sony and Microsoft really aren't.

So I'm saying Nintendo makes unique styles of games. Nintendo could just as easily go back to the old days when they tried to put out comparable systems to Xbox and PlayStation and were even willing to make games like Eternal Darkness and I bet they wouldn't find the level of success they have now leaning into what makes them unique.

Nintendo has it's own audience and while there is some overlap no they aren't chasing after PlayStation or Xbox's core consumer.
This is like saying soda and fruit juice are in a different market.

They appeal to different people for different reasons but ultimately they share the same market

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Can't agree with this.

They have multiple game of the year contenders pretty much every year. Yea they have niche games, but all consoles do.