Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yea, and that’s how lots of these deals have gone.

sony is the market leader so it costs xbox lots more money just to be on equal footing.
It sounds like Sony was offering more money and activision used that info to get more money out of M$

If I’m wrong let me know, but that sounds like a business move. How is that Sonys fault?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Glad this is all coming out. All the PR lies and bullshyt is going to hopefully bite them in the ass.

Renegotiating a contract to block a PS5 version proves their entire motivation is to harm the competition. :francis:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It sounds like Sony was offering more money and activision used that info to get more money out of M$

If I’m wrong let me know, but that sounds like a business move. How is that Sonys fault?
Sony has the market cap lead, they might give up 30 percent. COD sales idk, 30 mill on PS
MS doesn't have any leverage besides cash, and they offering 35 percent but sell like idk 10 mill
ABK is requiring 35 percent now as the going rate in order to have it released on your platform for whatever reason. Sony instead says hey we will give you a slot on our showcases and marketing time. They continue to pay the 30 percent with deals to subsidise it.
MS has nothing they can offer that worth that besides cold hard cash, so they are now paying 40 percent instead of the subsides 30 that sony is.

This only gets more and more expensive as time goes on for MS and this is without any of the cockblocking clauses that sony might require or request also.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Glad this is all coming out. All the PR lies and bullshyt is going to hopefully bite them in the ass.

Renegotiating a contract to block a PS5 version proves their entire motivation is to harm the competition. :francis:
:mjlol:

I have no idea what you are listening or following but it's clear and out in the open on PAPER officially now that MS literally has to move like they are moving or be crushed and they are the Billion dollar company :mjlol:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are the FTC acting like bog standard ass clauses are some gotcha to prove Microsoft is just going to back out their agreements if the merger is approved.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
FTC's Lawyer
R.55e673b3fed99f9ff002bdb62286b16d

Last edited:

Canon

Veteran
Daps
:lolbron: Sony been dog walking MS in the industry

Stans literally been getting nothing and still stanning:dead::pachaha:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Activision gets a higher cut of revenue from games than most any other 3rd party publisher.

Most publishers give sony 30%

Activision being so important to sonys existence, was able to negotiate that they only give sony about 18% of revenue, based on their joint marketing agreement, that prevented microsoft from even advertising the game on their console.

Activision then went to microsoft and told them, they basically have to agree to the same terms or they can’t have the game.

You are correct, it’s all business, and it’s not sonys “fault”

But it speaks to why microsoft would negotiate an outright purchase of the company instead of getting the worst deal possible. And it’s why sony has been fighting against the deal so hard even at the detriment of their own customers and the facts.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Sony has the market cap lead, they might give up 30 percent. COD sales idk, 30 mill on PS
MS doesn't have any leverage besides cash, and they offering 35 percent but sell like idk 10 mill
ABK is requiring 35 percent now as the going rate in order to have it released on your platform for whatever reason. Sony instead says hey we will give you a slot on our showcases and marketing time. They continue to pay the 30 percent with deals to subsidise it.
MS has nothing they can offer that worth that besides cold hard cash, so they are now paying 40 percent instead of the subsides 30 that sony is.

This only gets more and more expensive as time goes on for MS and this is without any of the cockblocking clauses that sony might require or request also.
But how is that Sonys fault? They didn’t mandate the 35% or whatever. That’s on Activision.

Are they expecting rates to be lower for the same service because they aren’t the market leader?

Per the tweet activision wanted the same percentage, not more.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Capitalism literally hinges on “harming the competition”

You sound like you are in #shambles right now :mjlol:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Why are the FTC acting like bog standard ass clauses are some gotcha to prove Microsoft is just going to back out their agreements if the merger is approved.

I think they are trying to prove a few things so far:

1. How the cloud agreements were all signed after regulatory push back; hence they are all for "show"
2. How little they mean and how much power MS has in these agreements; including the ability to unilaterally renegotiate whenever they want
3. How MS double dipped on Nvidia with a 10 year agreements to stream MS owned games; but also an agreement to give Nvidia a Windows licence to stream. Sarah said that you don't need a Windows licence to stream, yet MS and Nvidia agreed to one the same day they announced the game deal. That doesn't make sense.

I can see what the FTC is trying to do so far in their cross examination with Pete Hines and Sarah Bond, not sure if it will work, but I see the play.

Remember, this deal isn't so much about Sony vs MS. It's abouut whether or not this gives MS an unreasonable hold on the industry (monopoly)

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Activision gets a higher cut of revenue from games than most any other 3rd party publisher.

Most publishers give sony 30%

Activision being so important to sonys existence, was able to negotiate that they only give sony about 18% of revenue, based on their joint marketing agreement, that prevented microsoft from even advertising the game on their console.

Activision then went to microsoft and told them, they basically have to agree to the same terms or they can’t have the game.

You are correct, it’s all business, and it’s not sonys “fault”

But it speaks to why microsoft would negotiate an outright purchase of the company instead of getting the worst deal possible. And it’s why sony has been fighting against the deal so hard even at the detriment of their own customers and the facts.
This was a good point until you went into fanboy mode.

M$ isn’t moving the product like others, then M$ offered more money to keep getting the product.

Unless it comes out that Activision mandated M$ pay more than Sony this is nothing