Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This was a good point until you went into fanboy mode.

M$ isn’t moving the product like others, then M$ offered more money to keep getting the product.

Unless it comes out that Activision mandated M$ pay more than Sony this is nothing
There’s no fanboy mode.

It’s business. If you have enough money to buy the whole company, why would you keep signing contracts that give you worse terms and are dictated by the negotiations of the market leader?

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's been a joke from the start

:manny:
None of their points show malicious intent on Microsoft's end. They saw the Deathloop and Ghostwire contracts to completion. They released Quake on Playstation, they continue to support Minecraft and Fallout 76 on playstation. The Indiana Jones restructuring was re-negotiated on terms Disney agreed to. Zenimax games were made exclusive like almost every first party game in the history of gaming has been made exclusive. Zenimax even has games that aren't exclusive plus Minecraft that shows that Microsoft isn't just talking without precedent that they will continue to support COD on playstation.:francis:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
There’s no fanboy mode.

It’s business. If you have enough money to buy the whole company, why would you keep signing contracts that give you worse terms and are dictated by the negotiations of the market leader?
Fanboy mode is saying this is good for consumers. It’s not.

Consolidation is rarely good for the consumer.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fanboy mode is saying this is good for consumers. It’s not.

Consolidation is rarely good for the consumer.
Consolidation is happening regardless of if you want it to or are aware of it or not.

If it's going to happen I want it to happen in the manner that benefits me the most.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
FTC arguments are fukking AWFUL bruh. These nikkas is talking about Microsoft possibly making exclusive DLC like it doesn't already exist.:what:

These nikkas saw that 69B price tag and jumped stupid when they clearly haven't given two fukks about gaming up to this point. Nothing they're talking about makes sense.
Be retarded brehs.

He is a pro-tip for you, this profession is their bread and butter. When you think of exclusive DLC, you think of what you're used to: skins, unique weapons, console specific characters.

When they think of DLC, they have to consider it as a device that allows to effectively have the game be a console exclusive whilst technically releasing the games on multiple platforms e.g. they release what is effectively a demo on multiple platforms whilst putting the map, storyline, online play etc. within DLC that is exclusive to the Xbox.

They're right to question things. It is important that no stone is left unturned. And you should be happy that they're doing this. All you can think about is the here and now ("Yay, I get these games on Gamerpass"), not the future where you have to pay $100 a month for some C tier subscription because competition doesn't drive them to be better. fukking clown.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But how is that Sonys fault? They didn’t mandate the 35% or whatever. That’s on Activision.

Are they expecting rates to be lower for the same service because they aren’t the market leader?

Per the tweet activision wanted the same percentage, not more.
It's not sony's fault until they start doing BS clauses like "you can't release this on gamepass or whatever clause that negatively affects xbox on top of whatever the slice is.
Which could very well be "we'll pay xyz but only in the case of other parties paying no less than xyz otherwise said game shall not be released on platform for X amount of years/indefinitely.

MS is at the whim of whatever sony wants to do unless a publisher just isn't interested or doesn't want to play "those kind of games" Nintendo is one of those publishers that lets sony do what they do but aint paying a DIME extra in order to get something, sooner or at the sametime unless it's something THEY specifically want.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
EVERYONE involved, even sony thinks this will be good for consumers.

Only you weirdos trying to defend sonys dominance.
Point me in direction where Sony said this will be good in the long term for consumers.

I’ve never defended Sonys dominance, I simply don’t like companies spending damn near 100b to get themselves out of a hole they dug themselves.

Activision, EA, Embracer(sp) group are all examples on how consolidation is bad for the consumer.

Consolidation is happening regardless of if you want it to or are aware of it or not.

If it's going to happen I want it to happen in the manner that benefits me the most.
at least you admit you’re playing a side instead of looking at this objectively. I better not see you jump into any of these convos in the future with that “but I’m not bias” bullshyt either

:ufdup:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
EVERYONE involved, even sony thinks this will be good for consumers.

Only you weirdos trying to defend sonys dominance.
Jim not even worried about it like that. He might as well be putting out his cigars on sony stans head at this point... :mjlol:

He's worried about the big picture, the ABK deal is something he is aware can be the catalyst to snowball into a problem in the future and that has him shooked. But currently and in the near future he knows that xbox isn't getting ABK and stripping all the games away. Which gives sony plenty of time for counterplay.

Which overall is way healthier for gaming than ABK doing what they are doing right now...

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think they are trying to prove a few things so far:

1. How the cloud agreements were all signed after regulatory push back; hence they are all for "show"
2. How little they mean and how much power MS has in these agreements; including the ability to unilaterally renegotiate whenever they want
3. How MS double dipped on Nvidia with a 10 year agreements to stream MS owned games; but also an agreement to give Nvidia a Windows licence to stream. Sarah said that you don't need a Windows licence to stream, yet MS and Nvidia agreed to one the same day they announced the game deal. That doesn't make sense.

I can see what the FTC is trying to do so far in their cross examination with Pete Hines and Sarah Bond, not sure if it will work, but I see the play.

Remember, this deal isn't so much about Sony vs MS. It's abouut whether or not this gives MS an unreasonable hold on the industry (monopoly)
Here's the thing tho. Right now Microsoft no longer has a monopoly in cloud gaming. They brought up the 20M to 3M number in regard to cloud but those numbers lack the context that that 3M was from back when Playstation Now was a thing. That 20M was counting gamepass users as being cloud users. Now that cloud gaming is apart of Playstation Plus and not just silo'd off into PSNow, Sony's cloud marketshare based on the calculation the FTC is using already outranks Microsoft.

So they don't have a monopoly in cloud using the FTC's own calculation.
They definitely don't have a monopoly in the console market.

There's no reason to block this deal beyond "big tech bad" and "69B is a lot of money therefore you can't do it". This deal does nothing to hurt compeititon, even Jim Ryan agrees with that.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Point me in direction where Sony said this will be good in the long term for consumers.

I’ve never defended Sonys dominance, I simply don’t like companies spending damn near 100b to get themselves out of a hole they dug themselves.

Activision, EA, Embracer(sp) group are all examples on how consolidation is bad for the consumer.

at least you admit you’re playing a side instead of looking at this objectively. I better not see you jump into any of these convos in the future with that “but I’m not bias” bullshyt either

I'm looking at it from the side of gaming as a whole.

Gaming is stagnant, and in a bubble that's about to pop. (when it comes Triple A gaming) ABK being able to use their resources to make games and not have to worry about sales or having a game out by a certain date helps gaming.
Gamers being able to get game pass and play a number of ABK helps consumers.

ABK doing what they do now, doesn't help anyone but ABK and sony. And it's clear that Sony currently out for self interest 1st 100 percent. ( yes all companies are, but playstation aint pulling no punches when it comes to consumers.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Playstation gamers keep the activision games, and sony acknowledges they have to give their own customers more to compete.

Competition is good for consumers.

Now You explain why this deal would be bad for anything other than sony’s dominance?

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Be retarded brehs.

He is a pro-tip for you, this profession is their bread and butter. When you think of exclusive DLC, you think of what you're used to: skins, unique weapons, console specific characters.

When they think of DLC, they have to consider it as a device that allows to effectively have the game be a console exclusive whilst technically releasing the games on multiple platforms e.g. they release what is effectively a demo on multiple platforms whilst putting the map, storyline, online play etc. within DLC that is exclusive to the Xbox.

They're right to question things. It is important that no stone is left unturned. And you should be happy that they're doing this. All you can think about is the here and now ("Yay, I get these games on Gamerpass"), not the future where you have to pay $100 a month for some C tier subscription because competition doesn't drive them to be better. fukking clown.
:hhh: I gotta give you neg rep for being this aggressive over a 69B acquisition