Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Really hoping Microsoft takes a look at some of the contracts that expired once the deal is done….they should renew licenses to put some of these games back on the store

Those marvel and transformers games with backward compatibility enhancements would sell like hot cakes
It’s not up to microsoft. All the games they “could” make happen they’ve already done.

Any game that’s not Backwards compatible at this point is held up in licenses that microsoft has no power over.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
It’s not up to microsoft. All the games they “could” make happen they’ve already done.

Any game that’s not Backwards compatible at this point is held up in licenses that microsoft has no power over.

I don't think that's 100% true. I think it was just a lot of effort they didn't wanna go through with games, especially if none of those titles are delisted for licensing reasons.

A lot yeah, but with the Activision purchase, I'm 100% positive you'll see the BC program pop back up to get some of these rolling

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Sony also enjoys “an enormous competitive advantage” because it can draw on the intellectual property of “Sony Music, Sony TV, and Sony’s film library” for its game development. (Dkt. No. 285, 6/28/23 Tr. (Kotick) at 723:13-16.) The number of exclusive games available on PlayStation dwarfs the number available on Xbox, with eight exclusive games on PlayStation for every one on Xbox. (RX2098-001 (“Overall, for every 1 exclusive Microsoft game, PlayStation has 8 of them.”); see Dkt. No. 284, 6/27/23 Tr. (Bailey) at 684:3–25; RX5055 at 018–019, Exs. 11A, 11B; Dkt. No. 285, 6/28/23 Tr. (Nadella) at 849:1–8 (“The dominant player [i.e., Sony] there has defined market competition using exclusives and so that’s the world we live in.”).) Sony has often paid third-party studios to “skip” Xbox—either entirely or to delay a title’s release on Xbox. (Dkt. No. 283, 6/23/23 Tr. (Spencer) at 313:4–8.) For example, on June 22, 2023, while this trial was happening, Square Enix released Final Fantasy XVI, the latest release in the iconic Final Fantasy franchise, exclusive to PlayStation 5. Previous versions of Final Fantasy shipped on Xbox, but the reason Final Fantasy XVI is a PlayStation exclusive is because Sony

:mjgrin:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
good. there's other sectors where the ftc would be more useful to consumers.
from what I read they have a younger commissioner, with some beef for big tech...doesn't know what she's doing. on Reddit tho so take it light