Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
it's looking like we'll be waiting until next week :francis:
It’s gotta be tonight or monday morning.

Ruling will come outside trading hours and due to the timing of things the judge acknowledged, monday is the last day a ruling could happen an Microsoft still be able to complete the deal before their deadline.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Doesn’t make people who don’t know directors “casual” either.

People have their own level of engagement. Trying to gatekeeper that is usually done by people trying to discredit the things other people like to do.

You can absolutely love and follow movies and not know/care who wrote/directed them.
Nobody said you don’t love movies if you don’t know who directed them. But don’t try and act like your fandom is equal to someone that far more seriously follows movies than that.

There are different levels of fandom. Some have far more intricate knowledge and passion than others. I like to watch movies but I’m not a serious movie buff. Nothing wrong with admitting that.

Same with games.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Nobody said you don’t love movies if you don’t know who directed them. But don’t try and act like your fandom is equal to someone that far more seriously follows movies than that.

There are different levels of fandom. Some have far more intricate knowledge and passion than others. I like to watch movies but I’m not a serious movie buff. Nothing wrong with admitting that.

Same with games.
I see what you're getting st but meach talks about games every day, but I'd have a hard time saying he's a more serious gamer than the folks who play more games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I see what you're getting st but meach talks about games every day, but I'd have a hard time saying he's a more serious gamer than the folks who play more games.
My point is that you can’t judge people from where you sit. Most times when people call a specific game or gamer a “casual” it’s them trying to discredit the success or popularity of said thing.

There’s nothing that makes fortnight and it’s players inherently more “casual” than Elden Ring and it’s players.

We all don’t have the same amount of free time/money/access to games. Trying to gatekeeper who’s a casual or not is usually done in bad faith.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
My point is that you can’t judge people from where you sit. Most times when people call a specific game or gamer a “casual” it’s them trying to discredit the success or popularity of said thing.

There’s nothing that makes fortnight and it’s players inherently more “casual” than Elden Ring and it’s players.

We all don’t have the same amount of free time/money/access to games. Trying to gatekeeper who’s a casual or not is usually done in bad faith.
Absolutely not.

The easiest way to judge how much of a gamer someone is, is to look at how much time they spend playing games and how good they are.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There’s no way to judge it.

There’s some people who are fans of a certain director or writer. There’s some people who are big fans of a certain genre.
There’s some people who just LOVE going to the movies.

Trying to claim which one of these people is “casual” is usualy done by people who want to discredit the other peoples habits and preferences.

Same with games.
You can identify as whatever you want to.

In gaming when someone is called a “casual” 9 times out of 10 it’s because the accuser wants to discredit the things the other person likes.

Lots of gaming circles call COD, Madden, 2K players “casual” but those people could be more skilled and dedicated to the 1 or 2 games they play than a person who’s running out to buy Elden ring day one.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps

:leon: You're not a complete fool.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

The valedictorian and salutatorian are not at the same level as the members of the graduating class that made it out with a 2.0 GPA. There's different levels of stuff in life. Admitting that is not gatekeepers. Some people are more serious about stuff than others. Some people are more into something than others.

You turning fandom into a participation prize to be PC about it.

If I like cars but can't tell you the first thing about them is my passion for it equal to someone that can tell you the intimate details of a car and how it drives, what motor it has, how the transmission performs or if it handles well as a stick, just from the make and model year alone? Absolutely not.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

who hacked Meach account? :damn: