Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
No, they are not. Casual gamers don’t play single player games of any type.
Yes they do......casual is about ease of access (How easy it is to dive in to/learning curve) and popularity of the IP, not if it's single player or not.

Do you think GTA is so big because only hardcore ppl buy it?
Dont bring up GTA Online......GTA was a monster before that.

A lot of casuals bought Hogwarts Legacy.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think people need to kill the term casual and hardcore gamers. Back then, it somewhat made sense, but video games are the most mainstream form of media. Most people these days play some type of video games. No disrespect to From Software, but when you have a game like Elden Ring selling 20 million copies, that just proves that gaming is a mainstream form of media.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
“casual” gamers is just a term used by forum warriors to discredit the success of games that don’t fit their war games.

If you spend a significant amount of your time playing games, then you are a gamer…period.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
“casual” gamers is just a term used by forum warriors to discredit the success of games that don’t fit their war games.

If you spend a significant amount of your time playing games, then you are a gamer…period.
Ehhh...I don't think that's really the case or if it was before, it's not been the main point for some time. I think casual is typically used towards others' actual skill level, knowledge and/or true commitment to games, moreso than how much whatever game sold.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ehhh...I don't think that's really the case or if it was before, it's not been the main point for some time. I think casual is typically used towards others' actual skill level, knowledge and/or true commitment to games, moreso than how much whatever game sold.
you don’t know anyones skill level/knowledge/commitment just by the games they decide to play.

A person could only play COD/Fortnight/Minecraft and have higher skill level, commitment, etc, Than a person who buys and plays whatever the hot talked about game is at the moment.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
you don’t know anyones skill level/knowledge/commitment just by the games they decide to play.

A person could only play COD/Fortnight/Minecraft and have higher skill level, commitment, etc, Than a person who buys and plays whatever the hot talked about game is at the moment.
That depends on the people (and games) in question. As is, I stand by what I said.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

This isn't true. You can take a different category of media like say movies. There's movie fans that can breakdown who was the director who wrote the original screen play who did the revisions and all sorts of details a casual movie goer isn't going to be able to tell you. Just because about everyone watches movies doesn't mean everyone's fandom is at the same level.

I'm both a casual movie watcher and a casual gamer. Calling a spade a spade isn't offensive in the least.
actual casual gamers play whatever is popular

But usually they only buy like 2 to 3 games a year, whatever they play they usually lock in on it though.
I'm a casual gamer who plays mostly niche titles. Some of yall probably game more in a quarter then I do in a full year. I have long stretches of time I don't play any games. Could go 4-5 months and not play anything at all easy.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This isn't true. You can take a different category of media like say movies. There's movie fans that can breakdown who was the director who wrote the original screen play who did the revisions and all sorts of details a casual movie goer isn't going to be able to tell you. Just because about everyone watches movies doesn't mean everyone's fandom is at the same level.

I'm both a casual movie watcher and a casual gamer. Calling a spade a spade isn't offensive in the least.

I'm a casual gamer who plays mostly niche titles. Some of yall probably game more in a quarter then I do in a full year. I have long stretches of time I don't play any games. Could go 4-5 months and not play anything at all easy.
Hmm so you haven't played any of the major releases this year?

Nor do you play like Fortnite, COD, Dota, LOL or some mobile game or anything like that?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Doesn’t make people who don’t know directors “casual” either.

People have their own level of engagement. Trying to gatekeeper that is usually done by people trying to discredit the things other people like to do.

You can absolutely love and follow movies and not know/care who wrote/directed them.