Microsoft Activision/Blizzard deal under review by FTC

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
FTC doesn't give a sh*t about this acquisition, they just want to use it as leverage against MS. The deal will go through but I'm wondering what type of non-gaming division concessions MS is going to have to agree to so the process doesn't get prolonged.
It will be the same result as when Facebook, Google, and Amazon got dragged recently. They will be forced to answer questions from a bunch of idiots who dont understand the tech industry.

The deal will probably go through, but Microsoft might have to slow down on acquisitions in the future.

Last time Microsoft got in trouble over trade law issues, I believe a big factor was them outspending the competition to the point that it was considered uncompetitive. They greased palms to escape consequences last time but it wont be a good look to end up in trouble for the same issues.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I’m not sure why you think selling a assload of games and mtx means anything when microsoft just bought acitvision. They own candy crush, WoW, and CoD…..

Because its about autonomy.

But more importantly, Blizzard was in the doldrums, its IPs suffering, a PR nightmare that if extended would have done nothing but continue to devalue the company. EA, Take-Two and the sort are NOT in the position that ActiBlizz has been in for the past 8 months.

Also, all of those other publishers have big titles coming or expected news about them. We don't even know when the shyt Blizz has already announced is even coming, OWL is a money pit, Diablo's been torpedoed. And CoD doesn't have the same pull it used to. WoW is even suffering from an exodus to FFXIV.

Literally, no other major company is on the ropes like they are.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
This is gonna get wrapped up well before June 2023. I just hope we still go shopping in the meantime.

Especially after the day Facebook had, they gotta be desperate.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.

Gonna get wrapped up in time to get the next Call Of Duty on Game Pass.

I could also see them hoping to wrap it up in time for that rumored September digital event.

Xbox is gonna win 2022. . . too!

:wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Gonna get wrapped up in time to get the next Call Of Duty on Game Pass.

I could also see them hoping to wrap it up in time for that rumored September digital event.

Xbox is gonna win 2022. . . too!

:wow:

Sony still has a marketing deal for this call of duty so eitehr way it won’t be on gamepass and theres no CoD next year.