Michael Phelps ranked the best athlete of the 21st Century by ESPN

Is Michael Phelps the greatest athlete of the 21st Century?

• Total voters

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
if you needed artificial help, suggesting you're a better athlete is comical. Also, Bonds can only be taken into account from 2000-2007. Ichiro did all his damage starting from 2001.

That said, the criteria seems bizarre. The Sportscentury list they had before made some sense. I'm not sure what went into this.

Yes, Bonds did his damage from 2000-2007 which was clearly more dominant than Ichiro for his entire MLB career. Bonds won four straight MVP's from 2001-2004.

Ichiro could have played at an all-star level for another ten years and Bonds should still be ahead.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
It's a list u can't get right. I can do a Mt. Rushmore, but no 1-4

Tiger, No athlete on here revolutionized and changed a sport like Tiger did Golf. The 82 wins and 13 majors while putting golf in everyone's household

Phelps is the most decorated Olympian of all time, I'll give him that. Not just 1 swimming style, but multiple. He dominated not only the Olympics, but the sport for 14 years.

Serena, the most dominant female athlete of all time with over 20 Majors. Enough said.

Brady, no QB will ever duplicate his success. I can say that honestly. The 7th Super Bowl solidified him winning one with Belicheat. His ring count alone puts him on this list.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Yes, Bonds did his damage from 2000-2007 which was clearly more dominant than Ichiro for his entire MLB career. Bonds won four straight MVP's from 2001-2004.

Ichiro could have played at an all-star level for another ten years and Bonds should still be ahead.
He did. and got to numbers even Bonds didn't get to.

By that logic, A-Rod would be ahead of his Bonds his goddamn self. The reason why both got docked is cuz both were on that juice.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
He did. and got to numbers even Bonds didn't get to.

By that logic, A-Rod would be ahead of his Bonds his goddamn self. The reason why both got docked is cuz both were on that juice.

DONT COMPARE AROD TO BONDS.

PPL WERE WILLING TO LET ARODS shyt
SLIP UNDER THE RUG AND HE STILL
CONTINUED USING AFTER THE LEAGUE
PUT TESTING AND RULES IN PLACE

:devil:
:evil:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

DONT COMPARE AROD TO BONDS.

PPL WERE WILLING TO LET ARODS shyt
SLIP UNDER THE RUG AND HE STILL
CONTINUED USING AFTER THE LEAGUE
PUT TESTING AND RULES IN PLACE

you just described why I'd put Bonds in the Hall and not A-Rod, but if you leave it to the mercy of readers, half of em either care deeply or don't give a fukk at all.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

SOUNDS LIKE CAP.

NO WAY ESPN READERS
WOULD HAVE HAD SERENA AT #2
AND MESSI AT NUMBER 3

LIST WOULD HAVE BEEN
ALL AMERICAN MEN
WITH BRADY AT NUMBER 1.

There's just no logical explanation for Mayweather behind a Kevin Garnett or Diana Taursi. I think KG is phenomenal but i don't think he'd be in an objective top 25 of the past 24 years across all sports. I dunno what to even think of Taursi.

But if you told me the top 5 were 3 white guys + Lebron and Serena, that's about what i'd expect from American white folk.

dizzy4111

All Star
Daps
Phelps was must see TV for a long time. Most golds ever. I don't have a problem with it.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Any "Greatest" list is opinionated.

Facts, tho at least if someone said the criteria is based off of ABC, i could say ok cool. Accolades, money generated, ratings, longevity, etc

But if it's just let's ask a buncha reddit posters to vote... yea that ain't really worth the energy tryna decipher why this person vs that person