Michael Phelps ranked the best athlete of the 21st Century by ESPN

Is Michael Phelps the greatest athlete of the 21st Century?

• Total voters

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
From a body, physiology, cardio etc perspective I can certainly buy the idea that the greatest swimmer is the best athlete.

Daps
WHEN DID LEBRON DOMINATE HIS SPORT? KOBE AND THE LAKERS DOMINATED THE 2000S

WHAT ERA DID BRON DOMINATE? STEPH & THE GS WARRIORS WERE THE MOST DOMINANT POST-KOBE DOMINANCE.
Why is this fakeass Laker "fan" allowed back on this forum? I truly wish your dad wore a condom (s/o KDot).

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
As much as I hated him during his run…I’ll have to give Brady the #1 spot. He beat Mahomes and The Chiefs in the Super Bowl after leaving Bill & New England. That’s what did it for me.

2 - Would be Serena or Floyd

LeBron and Biles would be in my top 5. Respect to Micheal Phelps though…swimming is a grueling sport. You gotta have a high level of cardio, strength and endurance to be a great swimmer. All the different styles of swimming you have to learn and master. Developing breath control is a skill in itself.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Phelps OR an WR record getting beat left and right. Bolt's record good for another decade. Ain't nobody winning 100m 3 Olympics in a row.

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
As much as I hated him during his run…I’ll have to give Brady the #1 spot. He beat Mahomes and The Chiefs in the Super Bowl after leaving Bill & New England. That’s what did it for me.

2 - Would be Serena or Floyd

LeBron and Biles would be in my top 5. Respect to Micheal Phelps though…swimming is a grueling sport. You gotta have a high level of cardio, strength and endurance to be a great swimmer. All the different styles of swimming you have to learn and master. Developing breath control is a skill in itself.
I think espn is looking for athlete. Tom Brady is not a great “athlete”