Michael Jackson: 'Elvis is NOT the king' - star RAGED at Presley in unearthed notes

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Racism in the industry is what led Thriller getting made. Off The Wall was clearly the best album of 79-80, but didn't get the recognition it deserved. He basically said y'all ain't gonna ignore this next album :ufdup:
They shyt on him and BAD too.

I believe without looking he had like 7songs go number 1 from. That album and he got zero love from the Grammys besides a performance that he did the damn thing in :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
did MJ ever speak candidly in interview form on the racism he must have endured especially early in his career?

shyt reminds me of frustrations that Barry Bonds was probably going through in the 1998 season, knowing you clearly the GOAT, but they don't wanna crown you.

The most candid he ever got was when he was going at Tommy Mottola when Sony fukked him over on royalties and the ownership of his Masters

Dontay Flaco

fka King Napz
Daps
Reppin
VA
Never was and never will be the king! fukk him and the toilet he croaked on! :pacspit:

R.I.P. to the goat!! :mj:

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
They shyt on him and BAD too.

I believe without looking he had like 7songs go number 1 from. That album and he got zero love from the Grammys besides a performance that he did the damn thing in :wow:
Looking back on it, you're right :ohhh:. He only got that lifetime achievement award. I remember being a kid and thinking he got played.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Fukk Elvis he wasn't even as talented as Jerry Lee Lewis.

But yea speaking of Mike, he really had the power of self actualization. If he could picture it in his mind he made it happen. I always wonder what would have been if he could have pulled off the This is It Tour.

We ALL have that power. Mike is just one of the people not scared to use it

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"I am not prejudiced, it’s just time for the first Black King now."

Jackson later went on to detail his unhappiness with the ongoing racism in the music industry.

He even told of desires to "end racism" in the industry by becoming "so powerful" he could "end prejudice".

He wrote: "My goal is to become so ‘big’, so powerful, to become such a hero, to end prejudice.

"To make these little white kids love me by selling over 200 million albums. Make them look up to me. I will change the world."

Them crackers destroyed him for it too.

mykey

Superstar
Daps
500 years from now these crackkkers will say Michael Jackson was white.
:troll:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
White people really try and push Elvis and The Beatles but Mike knew there's a long list of black musicians better. His biggest inspirations were James Brown and Little Richard so he probably was like :stopitslime: at the idea of Elvis being the King of Rock n Roll
Mike's the true King :lawd:

41c2a1ab717424eac49a1fb69725ebb6

The Beatles themselves ALWAYS gave props to black musicians.....ALWAYS :ufdup:

Beyond that, The Beatles not only didn’t “use” black artists, they championed them. When The Beatles came to New York, they were guest DJ’s at a radio station and could play anything they wanted. Instead of choosing their own songs, they played songs by their favorite artists, like The Ronettes and Little Richard who were friends from their early touring days. The Ronettes were the opening act for The Beatles last American tour. By the way, The Beatles had it in their performance contract that they would not allow their audiences to be segregated.

Smokey Robinson (of The Miracles) was asked if it was okay that The Beatles recorded “You’ve Really Got A Hold On Me”. He replied that he was thrilled.

In a Rolling Stone interview with Smokey Robinson and Otis Williams (of The Temptations), Robinson said The Beatles were the first huge white act to admit they listened to black music, and love it. Williams said…”I must give credit to The Beatles. . .It seemed like at that point in time white America said, ‘OK if the Beatles are checking them out, let us check them out.'” The popularity of Motown acts and other black artists grew, and in the 1960’s Top 40 stations played a greater mix of music than ever before.

For John Lennon, there would been no Beatles without R&B. In fact, they'd have been no rock 'n' roll at all.

"I'll never stop acknowledging it: Black music is my life," he told Jet magazine in 1972. "The Beatles and Sgt. Pepper and all that jazz – it doesn't mean a thing. All I talk about is 1958 when I heard [Little Richard's] 'Long Tall Sally,' when I heard [Chuck Berry's] 'Johnny Be Good,' when I heard Bo Diddley. That changed my life completely."

Read More: How R&B Created a Foundation for the Beatles | How R&B Created a Foundation for the Beatles

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White people really try and push Elvis and The Beatles but Mike knew there's a long list of black musicians better. His biggest inspirations were James Brown and Little Richard so he probably was like :stopitslime: at the idea of Elvis being the King of Rock n Roll
Mike's the true King :lawd:

41c2a1ab717424eac49a1fb69725ebb6

And Jackie Wilson