Miami Hurricanes only have four 10 win seasons in the last 20 years

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Yall need Golden shower outta there.

But yo, wtf happened??? Is it facilities? What?

I mean, who WOULDNT wanna play in Miami?

I know it's not the easiest school to get into, but did the culture change, in terms of what athletes they accepted?

Once Randy Shannon got the reigns, he started recruiting character guys who were good in the classroom...and the South Florida nikkas that usually would've went there...went to Florida and FSU.

those 4 seasons really put The U at a real disadvantage with recruiting, because the rise of UF and FSU also happened....the whole State Of Miami that existed previously was gone, and Miami didn't have first dibs on the best talent in South Florida.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
We coming the draft class is killing right now got the gawd Brad ready to take it to another level

fukk y'all

Last edited:

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
The Hurricanes program will be fine but that Nevin Shapiro scandal hurt.
They had a self-ban on bowl games and the NCAA penalized them 3 scholarships in 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Still, the team was 6-7....largely as a result of losing their last 4 games (FSU, Virginia, Pitt and South Carolina)...allowing 24+ points in each.
I don't think it's awful...probably the result of a fractured locker room that likely quit near the end.

I still say they could have won that FSU game. They led going into the 4th quarter (and had a 23-7 lead in the 3rd) but whatever.

I don't know if the defensive recruits are quite up to par so maybe they'll have to be coached up, but a 7 or 8-win season wouldn't surprise me.

Their 2016 commits look promising though. (except for maybe a 5'8 WR....lol)

qWxlFBk.jpg

:what::what::what::what::what:
sam bruce is the next Santana moss, breh

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once Randy Shannon got the reigns, he started recruiting character guys who were good in the classroom...and the South Florida nikkas that usually would've went there...went to Florida and FSU.

those 4 seasons really put The U at a real disadvantage with recruiting, because the rise of UF and FSU also happened....the whole State Of Miami that existed previously was gone, and Miami didn't have first dibs on the best talent in South Florida.
This is all true, but you can't discount the ineptitude of Coker before Shannon. He started the downfall.

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Hurricanes program will be fine but that Nevin Shapiro scandal hurt.
They had a self-ban on bowl games and the NCAA penalized them 3 scholarships in 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Still, the team was 6-7....largely as a result of losing their last 4 games (FSU, Virginia, Pitt and South Carolina)...allowing 24+ points in each.
I don't think it's awful...probably the result of a fractured locker room that likely quit near the end.

I still say they could have won that FSU game. They led going into the 4th quarter (and had a 23-7 lead in the 3rd) but whatever.

I don't know if the defensive recruits are quite up to par so maybe they'll have to be coached up, but a 7 or 8-win season wouldn't surprise me.

Their 2016 commits look promising though. (except for maybe a 5'8 WR....lol)

qWxlFBk.jpg
Shapiro has very little to do with why they suck. They were already terrible before any of that.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shapiro has very little to do with why they suck. They were already terrible before any of that.
The Shapiro incident caused Miami to lose recruits.

If you aren't going to bowl games and you are losing scholarships, the best kids won't play for your program

It delayed any sort of rebuilding.
They could be good now but instead it might take until 2018. Maybe longer if they fire the coach and bring in a new staff.

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Shapiro incident caused Miami to lose recruits.

If you aren't going to bowl games and you are losing scholarships, the best kids won't play for your program

It delayed any sort of rebuilding.
They could be good now but instead it might take until 2018. Maybe longer if they fire the coach and bring in a new staff.
No they can't. Not with that coaching staff. Have you actually watched the games over the last decade? They suffer from all the signs of a losing program -

- no heart. This team has lost countless games in the fourth quarter with teams driving down their throat
- lack of basic football fundamentals. Defense is often porous, arm tackling, bad positioning
- strategy - they make no adjustments during the game. If they have a lead, our coaches watch as the other coaches make adjustments to our predictable offense. We rarely leverage our speed and are notorious for not including some of our most talented players in our game plan
- administration - gave an extension to a guy that led a team to a 6-6 record. This is the type of message that tells the parents of recruits that Miami is not committed to winning.

... I could go on and on - like everything else in life, LEADERSHIP is everything and they haven't had a leader since Butch left.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No they can't. Not with that coaching staff. Have you actually watched the games over the last decade? They suffer from all the signs of a losing program -

- no heart. This team has lost countless games in the fourth quarter with teams driving down their throat
- lack of basic football fundamentals. Defense is often porous, arm tackling, bad positioning
- strategy - they make no adjustments during the game. If they have a lead, our coaches watch as the other coaches make adjustments to our predictable offense. We rarely leverage our speed and are notorious for not including some of our most talented players in our game plan
- administration - gave an extension to a guy that led a team to a 6-6 record. This is the type of message that tells the parents of recruits that Miami is not committed to winning.

... I could go on and on - like everything else in life, LEADERSHIP is everything and they haven't had a leader since Butch left.
You make some good points but sometimes it's hard to analyze.

Do you have mediocre players because you have a mediocre coaching staff?

Or do you have a mediocre coaching staff because it's hard to lure top coaches when your program is facing sanctions?

Perhaps a little of both.

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You make some good points but sometimes it's hard to analyze.

Do you have mediocre players because you have a mediocre coaching staff?

Or do you have a mediocre coaching staff because it's hard to lure top coaches when your program is facing sanctions?

Perhaps a little of both.
They were never facing sanctions in the Coker and Shannon days. They were on top of the world. These guys took their foot off the gas in recruiting. Shannon actually fukked up a good amount of key relationships with the big south Florida schools.

Mind you - around that time Miami was even more popular than it was in the 80's and 90's. The buzz they had coupled with the insane amount of high draft picks coming out was unprecedented. They could've had almost any 5* and 4* recruit in the country. All these coaches really had to do was NOT fukk it up. By 2006, they were already a bad program. :snoop:

WuDatWuDat

All Star
Daps
The U churns out NFL talent, not wins brehs. :yeshrug:

Stick to your gimmicky offenses and soon to be 9-5 employee athletes while Da U gets dat donation money from all-time NFL greats.

All these players on winning programs gonna be watching games with their Insurance Company co-workers like "back in my day, when I played in college, I shut that receiver down." :jawalrus:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
They were never facing sanctions in the Coker and Shannon days. They were on top of the world. These guys took their foot off the gas in recruiting. Shannon actually fukked up a good amount of key relationships with the big south Florida schools.

Mind you - around that time Miami was even more popular than it was in the 80's and 90's. The buzz they had coupled with the insane amount of high draft picks coming out was unprecedented. They could've had almost any 5* and 4* recruit in the country. All these coaches really had to do was NOT fukk it up. By 2006, they were already a bad program. :snoop:

Man we had Gordon RETURNING KICKS man...sheesh, those were some tough years (these years reminding me of those years tho lol)

Dude was built solid, couldn't find a position for him to stick at...same with Devin Hester. :snoop:

Put BOTH those guys with coaches that know WHAT THEY'RE DOING (Saban, Myer, hell, even Bob Stoops) that know how to BUILD players and teams and those guys are even BETTER than they were in college and in the NFL...

It's weird that lax attitude is what has RUINED this team. Now they got a guy who isn't "lax" per se, but a guy who they feel is a good ambassador instead of COACH. So now we have all these great slogans and mantras without ANY substance or good players coming out....smh GET GOLDEN OUT NOW!!!!!