MF Doom's quietly putting up numbers postmortem..... Both Madvillainy and MM..Food are Gold and Rap Snitch Knishes is Platinum!

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
again you are imagining shyt that I said. I did not say he got popular BECAUSE he died, that would be stupid as hell cause how many rappers have died? but he has blown up significantly SINCE he died. and man it's clear there's no way you were aware of his numbers before he died. yes rap snitches was one of his more popular songs but the reason it is where it is now is because it blew up on tiktok after he died. all of his fans recognize this so I really don't know what you're trying to argue here

Im not imagining anything. You may not think that's what you're saying but it is

At the time of Doom's death Rap Snitches absolutely had 20 million views on YouTube. I remember this specifically because I, like a lot of people ran it back during the 69 trial(:mjlol:). This was my initial shock of Doom having much higher streams than I assumed. Mind you Doomsday has even more views than that. All Caps and Accordion had millions of views pre Doom's death as well. The way your argument is framed nikkas would assume a song like Rap Snitches had 1 million or less views prior to his death instead of 15-20mil. THAT'S my issue

Again of course there was a surge after his death but nikkas still underestimating how many streams and views he had prior to his death

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People think hip hop revelency revolves around just the club.. Doom with that Adult Swim deal was a big deal for him. Spots on Adult Swim beats paying Funk Flex 40k for a bomb on your record anyday of the week
danger doom is what made white folks fukk with doom.
cuz white folks really like danger mouse and doom got a lot of exposure with artsy cacs and like the o.red breh said adult swim push.
The Adult Swim link gets so much deeper. It's unsung history:wow:

Adult swim had a large hand in shaping Internet culture, and Doom was one of the pillars influencing Adult Swim. Them reaching out to Doom to make him essentially a pillar of their aesthetic is no coincidence

Also i mentioned this earlier but it really is worth emphasizing that nikkas wasn't releasing albums online in 2006. DangerDoom being released exclusively on the Adult Swim site is a much bigger deal than is acknowledged. Keep in mind DatPiff was also growing at the time too. Doom was truly a pioneer of what became the blog era, and just 3-4 years later you had nikkas doing whole tours off projects released straight to the Internet

I was a 17 year old trap music nikka that listened to Wayne, Three 6 and Jeezy everyday. The I heard All Caps during a fight scene on the Boondocks:wow: Had to have that shyt:wow:

I shill the Doom x Adult Swim relationship so much because it had a larger impact than nikkas realize, and like y'all are helping emphasize. The simple exposure of hearing Doom almost nightly before commercial breaks was some of the best promo a nikka could get, especially on a TV block that was watched by millions every night

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
I remember when nikkas was mad about Drake tweeting Doom lyrics. I remember when nikkas was mad about Kylie Jenner wearing the Doom Dunks.
there's something to be said about black art being commodified and stripped of it's roots and meaning. I'm not really mad because Doom was def trying to get some money while he was alive (including using dopplegangers at shows), but how much money is Dooms wife getting from these Doom Dunks? these cacs feeding on his dead body like like them Angels eating Asuka in End of Evangelion :scusthov:

anyway my favorite Doom project is the King Geedorah album

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
there's something to be said about black art being commodified and stripped of it's roots and meaning. I'm not really mad because Doom was def trying to get some money while he was alive (including using dopplegangers at shows), but how much money is Dooms wife getting from these Doom Dunks? these cacs feeding on his dead body like like them Angels eating Asuka in End of Evangelion :scusthov:

She getting money from the doom dunks. I know the dude who did them.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
I know breh was a Knick fan but I saw a picture of him in a Knicks jersey and breh looked ultra :flabbynsick: ….

:mjlol: No wonder he was wearing that mask. Breh was self conscious about his :flabbynsick: ness.

:skip: RIP, doe.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

From what I've heard Doom's wife is doing a good job of running his estate and is definitely eating. There are people making merch and whatnot but that's just the nature of art

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Hope his family is eating off this. Rip to the legend.

Last edited:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Good for him. I wish it was selling like this when he was living

but he's great. someone called him a "rapper's rapper", which is the perfect description for him

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
lol I never said doom was some obscure unknown guy bruh. odd future being stans of him when they were hot made sure of that. every rapper gets more popular after their death. you see a ton of people online who are now into his music who didn’t know about him before he passed. I know for sure his stream numbers were never like this before and all his shyt been on streaming for a minute

This.

Idc what anyone says. The new doom fanabase is horrible

Other day i was on reddit and they were questioning how kurious had doom exec his latest project. They assumed it must be a scam despite it being on dooms own label wnd doom working with the guy for 30+ years

The tyler thing really is what did it. Youll see their albums in all their got lists. Crazy how doom one of the greatest artists in the genre had this happen. Bri g up other legends to them and theyll shyt on them and say mm food is the goat album in The genre. Idk what kinda fans they are. They are barely hip hop fans. Its one if the weirder things ive seen online.

Last edited:

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
a lot of cacs discovered him after his death. I think youtubers making vids about him recently boosted him hard. this shyt got almost 2 milly views

I see teens wearing doom shirts at the gym all the time now. I be like :obama:

no, white people knew him prior to death. He had more white fans than black. His music was all over the Boondocks and the cartoon network. The white college kids loved doom whereas the black college kids loved Lil Wayne in that same era