MF Doom's quietly putting up numbers postmortem..... Both Madvillainy and MM..Food are Gold and Rap Snitch Knishes is Platinum!

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
3QSRFpy.jpeg

owuBA5H.jpeg

Bro never had a single Billboard hit in his life but the legend still lives on. RIP.

KingTxo

Where Truth Comes To Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida
"He is the super, a stranger who talks to you
Maybe even offer tech support and walk you through, Villain, man in the mask, spit in the face
Show him where to go, inside a hand basket case..."
Still play that shyt in the whip :wow:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a lot of cacs discovered him after his death. I think youtubers making vids about him recently boosted him hard. this shyt got almost 2 milly views

I see teens wearing doom shirts at the gym all the time now. I be like :obama:

It wasn't after his death. A poster tried to argue me down about this recently:russ:

Doom is a very popular rapper and a lot of his black fans don't seem to understand why.

The bulk of Doom's popularity stem from his relationship with Adult Swim. Millions of people were exposed to Doom on almost a night basis for years. Also his album with Danger Mouse, which was only available on the Adult Swim website, was an early precursor to the indie/blog era

Doom also has a large female fan base, or at least larger than a lot of nikkas expect. His quirkiness and sample choices created a oddly female friendly aesthetic

I can go on but a lot of people are stuck to this idea of Doom being a staunchly underground rapper and he's anything but. The Doom gatekeepers are the last ones to realize this:mjlol:

And since you brought up the views of that Iceberg vid, take a look at Doom's most popular songs. Rap Snitches has 44 million views:wow: all Caps has 18mil and son on

Last edited:

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
It wasn't after his death. A poster tried to argue me down about this recently:russ:

Doom is a very popular rapper and a lot of his black fans don't seem to understand why.

The bulk of Doom's popularity stem from his relationship with Adult Swim. Millions of people were exposed to Doom on almost a night basis for years. Also his album with Danger Mouse, which was only available on the Adult Swim website, was an early precursor to the indie/blog era

Doom also has a large female fan base, or at least larger than a lot of nikkas expect. His quirkiness and sample choices created a oddly female friendly aesthetic

I can go on but a lot of people are stuck to this idea of Doom being a staunchly underground rapper and he's anything but. The Doom gatekeepers are the last ones to realize this:mjlol:

And since you brought up the views of that Iceberg vid, take a look at Doom's most popular songs. Rap Snitches has 44 million views:wow: all Caps has 18mil and son on
lol I never said doom was some obscure unknown guy bruh. odd future being stans of him when they were hot made sure of that. every rapper gets more popular after their death. you see a ton of people online who are now into his music who didn’t know about him before he passed. I know for sure his stream numbers were never like this before and all his shyt been on streaming for a minute

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Was my favorite DOOM album...until I discovered Vaudeville Villain :ohlawd:

I love almost everything he did but when he starts rapping in Beef Rap I just :whoo: :wow: :blessed::ahh::banderas::leon::whew:

every damn time.

And I can’t turn it off. I have to listen to the whole damn album.

Then that last verse

What up?
To all rappers, shut up with your shuttin' up
And keep your shirt on, at least a button up
Yuck, is they rhymers or strippin' males?
Outta work jerks since they shut down Chippendales
They chippin' nails, DOOM, chippin' scales
Let alone the pre-orders that's counted off shippin' sales
This one goes out to all my people skippin' bail
Dippin' jail, whippin' tail and sippin' ale
Light the doobie 'til it glow like a ruby
After which they couldn't find the villain like Scooby
He's in the lab on some old Buddha Monk shyt
Overproof drunk shyt, who'd have thunk it?
Punk, try and ask why ours be better
Could be the iron mask or the Cosby sweater
Yes you, who's screwed by the dude on the CD, nude

:damn: