MF DOOM

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Yes, The mask is basically a gimmick but it's like an anti gimmick because it doesn't matter what he looks like, so much of Hip Hop is focused on looks and clothes and shyt like that, DOOM doesn't need any of that shyt, you have to focus on his lyrics and beats, you know, the actual music. I don't like everything he has done but my favs are Doomsday, Madvillain and the first Viktor Vaughn. DangerDoom is dope too

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm not really looking forward to the JJ DOOM album. What little I've heard is ehh. I'd love to hear DOOM over his own production again. Like I said, dude is sitting on maaad records, I dunno why he won't release anything.

His fanbase will buy anything

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
im a fan too and its sad to see what hes become. hes given us alot of dope material, but still as fans, at least give us SOMETHING. he dont even have to drop every year, but damn, 5 year waits between albums and shyt. and whatever happened to those joints that were sneak previewed 3 years ago?? them shyts STILL aint dropped. im sick of the nonsense. im talkin about these: JROCC SPINS NEW MADVILLAIN AT FAT BEATS LIVE - YouTube

He just had an album in 2009 and youre about to get the JJDoom album despite him being stuck in London now.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Wait so you're telling me that the entire story you just told me isn't part of this whole gimmicky/fake persona that your dude created. You can tell a story about yourself in your music, you don't need to carry the mask with the story. Look at some one like tech n9ne for instance (I know they're different in style but it's the same concept). Yes he's had a hard upbringing but the whole satanic demonic mastering in his voice is just a clever way to make him seem interesting. His lyrics tell the story and the voice projects the anger. shyt is genius and he did it all without a mask.

:whoo:

It's called artistic creativity. What many rappers lack now. It's hella easy to spit your REAL life.